SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   Realism- and gameplay-related hardcode fixes for SH3.EXE (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=174225)

Anvar1061 12-29-19 04:09 PM

You must keep the original sh3.exe in a safe place and use it for patch.

Noobicum4Ever 12-29-19 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anvar1061 (Post 2642345)
You must keep the original sh3.exe in a safe place and use it for patch.

I will try tomorrow!
Now is 23:47 (11:47 PM) in Romania!

Olamagato 01-01-20 06:28 AM

Compatibility

Hardcode Fixes are full compatible with Windows XP SP2 (2 not 3!) and previous. Windows 98/2000 too. But Windows 2000 has poor clock resolution and Windows 98 is too old then Windows XP SP2 is best option.

NicoBdM 01-11-20 03:11 AM

Hi guys,

Need some help...
I just bought SH3 on Uplay and tried to patch the .exe with H.Sie. Didn't work. It told me that my version is not compatible. I checked on Uplay, it's 1.4.
I run Win10 64, is there any issue with this one? Or do I do anything wrong?
Thanks for the help.

Sail safe ;)

Aktungbby 01-11-20 04:02 AM

welcome aboard!

NicoBdM!:Kaleun_Salute:

propbeanie 01-11-20 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NicoBdM (Post 2644158)
Hi guys,

Need some help...
I just bought SH3 on Uplay and tried to patch the .exe with H.Sie. Didn't work. It told me that my version is not compatible. I checked on Uplay, it's 1.4.
I run Win10 64, is there any issue with this one? Or do I do anything wrong?
Thanks for the help.

Sail safe ;)

For my UPlay SH4, I copied the entire contents of the SH4 game folder - not the UPlay or other stuff, just the game folder, and pasted it into a new folder of my own naming, outside of "Program Files (x86)" and did my modding inside of that. Create short-cuts etc. as needed for the new location. I am not sure about getting H.Sie's to work on the UPlay version though still, but give it a go. Make sure that the "Read-only" attribute on the SH3.exe is turned-off, so that H.Sie and 4Gig Patch can write to it. :salute:

NicoBdM 01-11-20 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propbeanie (Post 2644221)
For my UPlay SH4, I copied the entire contents of the SH4 game folder - not the UPlay or other stuff, just the game folder, and pasted it into a new folder of my own naming, outside of "Program Files (x86)" and did my modding inside of that. Create short-cuts etc. as needed for the new location. I am not sure about getting H.Sie's to work on the UPlay version though still, but give it a go. Make sure that the "Read-only" attribute on the SH3.exe is turned-off, so that H.Sie and 4Gig Patch can write to it. :salute:

Thanks for the reply ;)
My game is not in Program Files, not even on C:. I knew the trick ;) Read only attribute OFF. Don't understand. I go back read more stuff...
Thanks again buddy

propbeanie 01-11-20 05:25 PM

Well, UPlay messed with the SH5 executable file, maybe they did SH3 also... Do the regular mods work OK? Be sure and read-up on H.Sie's patch though. I do remember having issues years ago, and I do not recall what it was, other than I was forgetting a step (the "Supplement"??)... But mine was an older SH3 version back then, and you had to do other tricks for it beforehand. But be sure and follow the directions to a "T". I have not tried it lately on my Steam version, but it did work on it, prior to Steam changing their license checks a few years back... I might have to give it a go again... :salute:

propbeanie 01-11-20 08:58 PM

I just thought of something else NicoBdM... you cannot have LAA or the 4Gig Patch applied. If you do, run whichever again, and set it back to "normal", which would be "False" in LAA. In other words, remove the ability to access more ram. I just went to do H.Sie again, and that stopped me on try #1. I now have a patched SH3.exe, and it functions as intended. :salute:

NicoBdM 01-12-20 06:28 AM

BdM reporting...

Tried again and again to apply H.Sie but I can't figure it out. I guess the sh3.exe from Uplay is not compatible (I saw in the readme file from H.Sie multiple versions of the original .exe - SF, noSF, EMEA, etc - but none related to the one from Uplay.
Actually, I dived into H.Sie to use the ARB WideGui... GWX seems to work properly. ARB too except the map : cut in half, completely off.
I searched a little on the forum but didn't find anything about Uplay and hardcode fixes... Damn.

EDIT : I better looked into the game folder and noticed there were 2 .exe files : sh3.exe and sh3_g.exe. When I checked the properties of the files, I noticed that sh3.exe had no info at all. Meanwhile, sh3_g.exe had version info and all the good properties... Tried with this one, and, hooray, it worked, I mean tycho fix worked for ARB WideGui, and guess what, the mod works !!! The map is Ok, the game looks fantastic. But, H.Sie fix didn't work...
Geez, this one was tricky... I'll light flares if the next mods make me sweat like this one...
@propbeanie : forget the MP I sent you, don't bother ;) Thanks again for the help and moral support lol

U301 03-12-20 07:53 PM

h.sie's message box is full.
Does anybody know where I can make a donation by way of thanks for this excellent mod?
Many thanks if you can help.
KUrtz

Niume 03-16-20 02:15 AM

How to make resupply ships act like resupply u-boats(Milkcows). I mean so I get only few torpedeos after resupplying with the ship.

John Pancoast 03-16-20 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niume (Post 2654742)
How to make resupply ships act like resupply u-boats(Milkcows). I mean so I get only few torpedeos after resupplying with the ship.

Not sure you can. Fwiw, historically the resupply ships never gave torpedoes to any u-boat.

I just don't use them in the game for this reason. You could also just shoot the extra ones off to get rid of them if desired.

Niume 03-16-20 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Pancoast (Post 2654754)
Not sure you can. Fwiw, historically the resupply ships never gave torpedoes to any u-boat.

I just don't use them in the game for this reason. You could also just shoot the extra ones off to get rid of them if desired.

I remembered that people would just rename the resupply ships with like U-belchen. Then it would act like resupply u-boat

John Pancoast 03-16-20 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niume (Post 2654756)
I remembered that people would just rename the resupply ships with like U-belchen. Then it would act like resupply u-boat

Ah, you're right. Forgot about that. H.sie even mentions it in his readme.