SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   [REL] JSGME v2.2.0 now available! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=141773)

JScones 01-17-09 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killjoy12
Have you given any thought to centralizing the location of JSGME such that it can be used by multiple games with only one installation of JSGME?

Yes, indeed at one point about 5 years ago I actually had a prototype that worked like this. I've asked users what they'd prefer a number of times, and the responses tended to be somewhat nervous, along the lines of "just don't mess with the simplistic nature of JSGME". It's hard to argue with that view, as that's the whole ethos behind JSGME.

Somewhere along the line I deleted that prototype, but it's only a day's work - just a few buttons and boxes and an ini file and it's done. The real concern though is compatibility/dependency. For example, the GWX installer (and a few others) looks for files that would no longer exist where they do now. And any application (such as S3D) that interacts with JSGME via system messages would need to be modified.

TBH I've put it in the "more serious pondering required" basket.

Killjoy12 01-17-09 08:03 PM

Fair enough - Thanks!

Kongo Otto 01-20-09 03:29 PM

Thank you very much for all the hard work. :up:

legion78 03-13-09 02:19 PM

Im not able to find any valid links for jsgme anymore, where can I download this software.

ReallyDedPoet 03-13-09 02:28 PM

Click on the link below my sig, the Mods and Utilities one, it is located at the top of the first post in that thread :yep:

Edit: Just noticed the link is not working :hmmm:

legion78 03-13-09 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reallydedpoet
Click on the link below my sig, the Mods and Utilities one, it is located at the top of the first post in that thread :yep:

Umm...that link takes me to a thread which leads me right back to this thread.:) All the download links for the software are 404.

legion78 03-13-09 02:34 PM

Your fast sir,lol. If you can supply a copy i'll find a host for it if you like.

Jimbuna 03-13-09 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by legion78
Quote:

Originally Posted by reallydedpoet

Umm...that link takes me to a thread which leads me right back to this thread.:) All the download links for the software are 404.

http://files.filefront.com/jsgme+set.../fileinfo.html

JScones 03-13-09 06:12 PM

Erm, what was wrong with just using the link in the first post of this thread? :hmmm: Takes me straight to the homepage and from there two clicks and it's d/l. Much quicker than the 1.5 hours that it took to get it from someone else.

Beyond that, every post I make has the link in the signature block too (like at the post three above legion's for example).

TBH I'm not a fan of too many people hosting copies of JSGME because of the confusion it creates over version control. Even the Subsim Downloads page still hosts v1.5!!! And somewhere there is v1.7 being hosted, because I receive a lot of enquiries from users still running v1.7.

legion78 03-13-09 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JScones
Erm, what was wrong with just using the link in the first post of this thread? :hmmm: Takes me straight to the homepage and from there two clicks and it's d/l. Much quicker than the 1.5 hours that it took to get it from someone else.

Beyond that, every post I make has the link in the signature block too (like at the post three above legion's for example).

TBH I'm not a fan of too many people hosting copies of JSGME because of the confusion it creates over version control. Even the Subsim Downloads page still hosts v1.5!!! And somewhere there is v1.7 being hosted, because I receive a lot of enquiries from users still running v1.7.

Nothing was wrong with using those links, except several hours ago when I was clicking them they were broken, It wasn't just me either because the mod who was helping me noticed they were 404 as well. Now I see that they are working so no worries and thanx to the mod for helping me out as well.

JScones 03-13-09 06:43 PM

Alternate location for SH3/SH4 users is Beyond The Shadows

Surprised others didn't point you there, as it pretty much is the (most up-to-date) central hosting spot for SH3/SH4 stuff.

legion78 03-13-09 06:47 PM

Good to know and thanx for the site, I bookmarked it.

ReallyDedPoet 03-13-09 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JScones

For some reason when I tried these ^^^^ earlier they did not work :doh:,
but see they are now :yep:

Oneshot/Onekill 03-24-09 08:18 AM

TY Jaesen, your work for SH3&4 has been essential.:woot:

Aces 04-09-09 06:26 AM

Thanks for your excellent work, this program has long since been a must have for SH3 and other games.

May I ask if you might consider incorporating a feature in a later version if it is possible. I (and maybe others) switch between mods eg. I use one "set" of mods and then on another occasion another "set". I do this when I am working on my movie mostly as there are some mods which don't work with others. Would it be possible to incorporate multiple profiles and multiple Backup folders eg. switch between profiles to load a set of mods in the order previously selected and saved with. I hope this makes sense.

Cheers

Aces