SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]Equipmen Upgrades Fix by TheBeast (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=182194)

stoianm 04-05-11 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBeast (Post 1636327)
Very easy change.

Edit Fist full of emblems Equipment.upc and copy all the new emblem equipments from there and paste them at end of my Equipment.upc file.
Then Re-number all the new entries in sequence and save.

Edit Fist full of emblems UpgradePacks.upc and copy all the new emblem Upacks from there and paste them at end of my UpgradePacks.upc file.
Then Re-number all the new entries in sequence and save.

yes i know... but i supoused that if is your mod you will not like if i will make him comp with ''a fistfull of emblems''... i think is better that you upload a version of your mod comp with a fistfull of emblems in your mod pakage... if i will make this and i will upload in my mod package the people will be confused

Jaguar 04-05-11 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBeast (Post 1636316)
The Snorkel is not functional yet. It is missing a objSnorkel control. This control enables Raise/Lower of snorkel.
As is right now. I know I am not able to get the Snorkel functioning.

I tried the Telescoping Snorkel and it did Raise/Lower but the engine would not run while at Snorkel Depth. So with that said, even if we get the missing controller added, I do not think it will work.

Thx for the answer. Why they released a game with a snorkel that doesn´t work is beyond understanding :-?.

Dignan 04-05-11 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaguar (Post 1636339)
Thx for the answer. Why they released a game with a snorkel that doesn´t work is beyond understanding :-?.

Go ahead and add magnetic torp detonations, correctly functioning AOB data tool and if I'm not mistaken the radar detector does not work. Not sure about the last one.

Jaguar 04-05-11 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dignan (Post 1636346)
Go ahead and add magnetic torp detonations, correctly functioning AOB data tool and if I'm not mistaken the radar detector does not work. Not sure about the last one.

If the radar warning does not work and without snorkel playing after 43 will be senseless :shifty: .

Zedi 04-05-11 10:57 AM

Radar its working, Im playing in 44 now. Problem is with the real navigation mod & high realism as none of the crew members report radar contacts. If you dont care much about realism and you have map contacts enabled, no problem detecting the enemy on surface, you will see them in the same way as you see the hydro contacts.

Snorkel would help a lot in intercepting your target, but is not something to make the game unplayable. Is not a reason to return to base if you got it broken and cant repair it at sea. The only place I missed it big time was Gibraltar where is absolutely impossible to get through without it on high realism. Same with Dover and the shallow waters around England.

Dignan 04-05-11 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zedi (Post 1636356)
Radar its working, Im playing in 44 now. Problem is with the real navigation mod & high realism as none of the crew members report radar contacts. If you dont care much about realism and you have map contacts enabled, no problem detecting the enemy on surface, you will see them in the same way as you see the hydro contacts.

Snorkel would help a lot in intercepting your target, but is not something to make the game unplayable. Is not a reason to return to base if you got it broken and cant repair it at sea. The only place I missed it big time was Gibraltar where is absolutely impossible to get through without it on high realism. Same with Dover and the shallow waters around England.

So radar does work? How about the radar detection equipment? Will you know when someone else has you on radar?

Trevally. 04-05-11 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dignan (Post 1636365)
So radar does work? How about the radar detection equipment? Will you know when someone else has you on radar?

yes that works also. shows as a green hydro line

edit: and that is why it does not work with real nav.

TheBeast 04-05-11 11:54 AM

A Fist Full of Emblems v1.51 Patch

Added a Patch to enable A Fist Full of Emblems v 1.51

See post #1 for D/L link

:woot:

stoianm 04-05-11 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBeast (Post 1636381)
Added a Patch to enable A Fist Full of Emblems v 1.51

See post #1 for D/L link

:woot:

:up:

Jaguar 04-05-11 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zedi (Post 1636356)

Good news at last! I do care about realism but my personal interpretation of it allows not to play with 100%:DL so one problem less.

The snorkel´s absence per se doesn´t make it unplayable, but I´m afraid it will be a serious handicap. Yet to see though, still on 1940...

pascal4541 04-05-11 12:57 PM

hi,
Installing before or after NewUI's, FX and IRAI ?
Conflict with UBoot_Sensor.sim
Thank you

TheBeast 04-05-11 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pascal4541 (Post 1636441)
hi,
Installing before or after NewUI's, FX and IRAI ?
Conflict with UBoot_Sensor.sim
Thank you

Install last.

Exceptions listed in Readme files.

I changed Texture Suffix in UBoot_Sensors.sim
- Alberich_Improve from albrecht to alb_imp
- Tarnmatter from albrecht to tarn
- Tarnmatte_Improved from albrecht to tarn_imp

This allow for unique skins for each anti-sensor coating for all submarines. Though I only added Upgrade Packs for the VIIC and VIIC/41.

Using the Typ-VIIC Conning Tower #1 Texture for Example:
Old filename for all anti-sensor coatings = Conning_7c_01_albrecht.dds
Filename for Alberich = Conning_7c_01_albrecht.dss This filename remains unchanged.
new filename for Alberich_Improved = Conning_7c_01_alb_imp.dds
new filename for Tarnmatte = Conning_7c_01_tarn.dds
new filename for Tarnmatte_Improved - Conning_7c_01_tarn_imp.dds

pascal4541 04-05-11 01:09 PM

Thank you very much TheBeast :up:

Stormfly 04-05-11 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dignan (Post 1636365)

...there is also a log message comming "receiving radar signals", got that using "Biskaya Cross" equipment in november 42, helps alot if using real navigation...

Stevepine 04-05-11 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormfly (Post 1636475)
...there is also a log message comming "receiving radar signals", got that using "Biskaya Cross" equipment in november 42, helps alot if using real navigation...

Can someone explain what real navigation actually does or removes... I have not used it so far ( thinking it would makes things super difficult ) and does it just install as normal with JGSME ?

noob question I know!