SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=244)
-   -   Do we really need a Silent Hunter 6? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=166229)

Zam1 05-19-12 09:54 PM

Seriously you guys are thinking of everything in WWII and complaining that you don't want another WWII sub sim because its just old news or anything modern because its too electronically controlled. Well think of this you know how ummm whats his name:hmmm: dammit whats his name:damn::damn::damn::damn:. Oh I remember iambecomelife he's doing that Wolves of the Kaiser thing what if SH6 was an official WWI subsim instead of a mod and instead of just the Germans we could do British and Italian Subs and I'm not sure but did Austria-Hungary have any Coastal Ports? Ya I'm pretty sure they did so we could add them too. Although I pity the people who came up with it being MMO:nope: It just wouldn't work of course with the way UBI is doing things I wouldn't want them to do it, it would be plain embarrassing to see my idea going down the toilet along with all the rest of UBI's sh*t:O: We need someone with expertise. I got an idea instead of iambecomelife's work going down the tubes we can develop his mod into a full game like they did with Darkest Hour: A Hearts of Iron Game. With Austria-Hungry with Germany and Brits and Italians.

I think personally that its a good idea. I'd appriciate any feedback to develope my idea:salute:

Saltback 02-19-13 04:12 PM

Brit Subs

Hi Guy's!

Would be nice to have the British Navy Sub's for a change.
It's not so cool to sink your own Navy:hmmm:

A chance to select the Navy's you wish to sail with would be ideal for Sub Sim:arrgh!:

markdenny 02-20-13 04:34 AM

Hows aboout WW1 submarines, could be a good choice :ping:

Dignan 02-20-13 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markdenny (Post 2012690)
Hows aboout WW1 submarines, could be a good choice :ping:

WWI would be cool. I would also like to see another American Pacific sub sim (like SH4). Why not? We have 3 uboat games and they were all popular. Besides, after the Battle of the Atlantic, the American campaign against the Japanese provides the most robust platform for another game.

GT182 02-20-13 11:58 AM

Whether or not another Silent Hunter is needed is not really a good question. It's a decision that can only be answered a publisher if they feel one is needed and will sell.

If another is made then the real question should be if it's complete and not broken like the others were... on the day it's released by the publisher. Plus the issues with DRMs that invade our privacy.

I do know that if a certain publisher makes another Silent Hunter, I will not be giving them my money.

Jimbuna 02-20-13 12:48 PM

I'm struggling to think who that might be :hmm2:

:03:

GT182 02-20-13 09:14 PM

Jim, I was struggling not to mention the name of who that might be. ;)

Jimbuna 02-21-13 07:24 AM

LOL :)

Saltback 02-22-13 03:53 AM

I second this comment:arrgh!:

Quote:

Originally Posted by JU_88 (Post 1750966)
I wish the last three installments of Silent Hunter had been done differently.
Three seperate silent hunter titles in 5 years was a mistake, each one realeased with its flaws, then ditched in favour of a sequel with improved visuals and a game engine overhaul.
Thats what you do with Action games, but not simulators.

They should have held out on SH3 and and just gone for ONE 'open ended' Silent hunter title - then contiue to develop the hell out it by taking it down the 'expansive sim' route (like IL2 or Railworks)
Its the obvious choice for Simulators since they sell well over a long time period, offer huge replay value, and the players are more concerned about of content than they are about aging graphics engines.

We could have had new Theratres of operation, ship packs, playable destroyers and god know what else. Plus they could spent more time on fixes also.
I know modders did great stuff for all three titles, but even their work would have benefited from not being scattered over three games.
Ubi could have cut alot of uncessary work out for the modders, especially for things like fixes.

Look at SHV, just getting a drivable Type 9 (to a similar standard to the ingame type 7 is monsterous task for any modder, not to mention the hours and hours of time needed from 3d artists.

GT182 02-22-13 10:10 PM

Ju-88 is right.. But UBI was asked if they would revamp SH3 and improve it. We all found out the hard way that they don't do requests. Actually they don't do sub simulators very well either.

RustySubmarine 02-27-13 03:54 PM

Saltback is right, SH3 could have been made similar to Microsoft Train Simulator (still going strong after 11 years) which I play also. The developers could have really improved on SH3 so that players could switch over to surface ships, hunting the subs, in the same game. by making add on material to add to the main game. Trouble is with this though is the game engine, which is only capable of its limitations. SH5 is a toatally different box of tricks to SH3 and graphically is the best sub sim to date, now that it has been improved on by the modders. But I don't think we need another SH to replace SH5. WW2, Battle of the Atlantic was the ultimate action period for Uboats, so other than WW1, what other submarine theatre could be the theme. Maybe an imaginary Nuclear Cold War Situation, using modern day subs? I really don't think so.:arrgh!:

Ktl_KUrtz 04-05-13 06:18 AM

Ignoring everything that every body has done for the game regarding mods, how and where they want to play ie the North Atlantic, I know that we will have a Pacific specific (sic, lol) game from UBISoft:wah:!

Schütze 04-09-13 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IanC (Post 1335367)
If they push out a defective SH6, the same as SH4 and 5, then forget it! Either Ubi takes the time and delivers a quality product, or give me no product at all.
I've pretty much dismissed Ubisoft as competent in the simulator dept anyways.

Spot on. Time for they to step up to the plate and finally give a quality product and not some half-hearted, historically inaccurate, junk that the modding community will try to save.

I have grown impatient with them. Time to learn from your mistakes.

JagdPanzer44 04-09-13 11:51 AM

Only if:

1) Ubisoft is not involved.

2.) The emphasis is squarely on gameplay; not mindless fluff, i.e., useless crew dialogue, rpg elements, super-special abilities.

"Skyrim" in a submarine is not a simulation.

3.) The game needs to be finished and working.

Not a rough beta dumped into the hands of "those modders at Subsim". I think we've all paid Ubisoft more than enough money to test and then fix their broken products over all these years.

We also need to stop listening to those people who will invariably begin crowing "we need to support $$$ Ubisoft because they're the only game in town...". Been there done that, you can keep the T-shirt.

Feuer Frei! 04-09-13 10:08 PM

Could have been, would have been, should have been. :haha:

This thread should have died a slow terrible death a long time ago. Considering there won't be a SH6.
If there is, for some major miracle, my shout at the bar for drinks!