SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Tanksim.com (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   You like Subs , what about Tanks ?.. (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=88667)

Sailor Steve 01-24-06 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluewings
Steve , SB Pro PE is a great simulator.

I'm not knocking it, or tanks. I happen to like ships and planes, and that's about it.

I only responded as I did because the question was asked in the thread title.

Mast 01-24-06 08:53 PM

If this was 16 people or more (8v8), I'd probably spend the $125.00. The video is great, no doubt about that. I too will wait for Steel Beasts II. Will there be British tanks too (Challenger II)? I do like the Leopard II and Challenger II. I've always like German armour going to WWII.

Mast

Laughing Swordfish 01-25-06 08:03 AM

Enjoyed the clip, Fred, and I like my tanks sims too, But I'm more of a Tiger or Panther man myself.
Must be something about hunting against superior numbers!

LS

JamesT73J 01-25-06 11:27 AM

I'm kind of surprised at some of the apathy I've seen here. Steel Beasts was absolutely unique, it was - still is until PE - the greatest, most mature, and focused sim I've ever played. Absolutely the right level of complexity and gameplay: Real where it needs to be, easy where it needs to be.

If you're a fan of sims generally, it's definitely worth a look, because it will be bloody good, you can count on it.

01-25-06 01:05 PM

I have been following SB Pro PE with much interest, but the latest two videos have left me unimpressed. The smoke and fire effects on disabled vehicles looks terribly basic and amateuristic. Then there are the Leo's popping their turrets one right after another, making it look an arcade action game. The external view on the T-80 in motion shows that there's absolutely no suspension movement whatsoever--the tank moves across the terrain like a stiff static model. T-72 Balkans on Fire even models this basic feature. Apparently it's still impossible to flip a tank in SB Pro PE, just as it was in SB1. Makes me wonder what else eSim Games has left out.

I could live without certain features in a budget title. However at $125.00 US, I expect basic features to me moddled correctly within a tank sim billed as a military tank training tool.

Luckily I watched these two latest videos just before pre-ordering. I'll now wait and see what the reviews have to say about the retail release. Unfortunately, we don't have enough good tank sims.

Bluewings 01-25-06 01:10 PM

Mast , unless the British decide to use Steel Beasts and to give us the necessary datas about the Chally II , we simply cannot "guess" the Tank .

SB is foremost a training tool for Army personal and they need the thing to be as accurate as possible .

So far , UK has not decided to use SB Pro .

We have a good chance to get the Leclerc soon as the French decided to give a try to the software and they seem rather pleased with what they see .

Swordfish , when your US "Axeman" Company ~10 Abrams and 4 Bradleys~ suddently face 3 heavily Armored Russian Companies with theirs Hinds as Air support , you DO feel outnumbered !! :o

Regarding SB2 , it is not going to be released before mid 2007 at the earliest . As an exemple , we had to delay SB Pro Personal Edition by a whole year because of Army contracts .

When Australia asked us to make a version for them , they came with big bucks and we simply couldn 't ask them to wait .

As JamesT73J said , Steel Beasts is the only real tank simulator on the actual market . All the other Tank "Games" are only what they are : Games .

Cheers .

fargel 01-25-06 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sturm
@fargel
http://koti.mbnet.fi/sh3/images/ram.jpg

Rammstein kicks a$$. :rock:

yeah yeah they are the best :yep:

Bluewings 01-25-06 01:23 PM

U-49 , the Militaries are NOT interested in graphics like SHIII , Doom or HL2 .

Nevertheless , we are going to implement more "eye candy" things with the add-ons (Free) on Pro PE but later on SB2 will be a full DirectX 9/10 game with all the bells .

I say again , SB Pro PE is a military tool offered to the general public , and not a game even if it is great fun to play with .

T-72 Balkans on fire has a very basic ballistic model ~not real at all~ and the armor values are in no way accurate . Their T-72 is a mix bag of different russian models (?) to start with ...

I am not bashing , but simply try to make the difference between a game and a simulator .

Cheers .

fargel 01-25-06 01:47 PM

This were gameplay and realism beats graphics for a "game" like this. Make it available up here in Canada. I want to buy it :up: :yep:

Bluewings 01-25-06 06:45 PM

As I said before , it IS available in Canada . :)

Cheers .

JamesT73J 01-25-06 06:55 PM

Wow...seeing that video. Really brought back some SB memories. I'm glad it's kept the feel from the first version. It's actually made me want to install it again.

Bluewings 01-25-06 07:31 PM

:D

Cheers .

Mast 01-25-06 08:18 PM

Quote:

Mast , unless the British decide to use Steel Beasts and to give us the necessary datas about the Chally II , we simply cannot "guess" the Tank .
Oh well, guess they need to turn that corner then. :)
That will be cool to see how well the Leclerc will do. Still my fav tank is the Leopard 2A6 with the Challenger II a close second. For WWII, it's the Panther G late model.

Mast

P.S.- wwiionline is a great game. I recently used the Tiger against the allies and it is a beast in that game. :D

Onkel Neal 01-25-06 08:51 PM

New forum for armor enthusiasts who regularly visit here:
http://www.subsim.com/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=50

http://www.tanksim.com/images3/tklogo7b.gif
Ground Zero For All Tank sims and games: www.tanksim.com

__________________________________________________ _

Bluewings 01-25-06 09:02 PM

Thx Neal :)

Cheers .