SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   Easter Egg in Saint Nazaire (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=239043)

WattersonPL 11-03-18 03:42 PM

Easter Egg in Saint Nazaire

Hello everyone! This is my first post on this site ^^

I found an easter egg today in vanilla Silent Hunter IV.
Not only there is a submarine base in Saint Nazaire, but you can hear an orchestra playing German Anthem near one of the houses in naval base, people are clapping and cheering and you can hear a deep ship's horn effect. That's it, but it surprised me ^^

Have a nice day!

KaleunMarco 11-03-18 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WattersonPL (Post 2575458)

Not only there is a submarine base in Saint Nazaire, but you can hear an orchestra playing German Anthem near one of the houses in naval base, people are clapping and cheering and you can hear a deep ship's horn effect. That's it, but it surprised me ^^

Have a nice day!

welcome to subsum, watersonPL. :subsim:
at what point did you hear this?

i suspect it was at the beginning of a career-mission. also, at what date is this playing?

Bleiente 11-03-18 03:52 PM

Ahoy @WattersonPL

Take a look around, this is the biggest forum for maritime affairs.

:Kaleun_Salute:

Aktungbby 11-03-18 05:08 PM

Welcome aboard!

WattersonPL!:Kaleun_Salute:

mikesn9 11-04-18 05:55 AM

Welcome aboard!

torpedobait 11-04-18 10:09 AM

:salute:
Quote:

Have a nice day!

If you are using the external camera, pull back from your sub (assuming it is the pen or just pulling out) and look to your left. The cheering crowd and the band are facing away from the pen. Just misplaced, I think.

And Welcome Aboard!

ETR3(SS) 11-04-18 01:26 PM

Don't think it's an easter egg so much as it is a left over from SH3, but it is in fact there.

WattersonPL 11-04-18 02:35 PM

Thanks for all replies and kind words ^^

It was when I made a single mission on 1sp September 1944, during 12pm o'clock. I was exploring map, and then this happened

cdrsubron7 11-04-18 06:13 PM

Quote:

Have a nice day!

Welcome aboard, WattersonPL. Happy to have you with us. :salute: