SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Subsim Events & Activities (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=236)
-   -   2011 SUBSIM Werewolf Game: Intro, Rules, FAQ, & Aftermath (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=184790)

Jimbuna 06-22-11 02:08 PM

RIGHT ABOUT............ NOW!!

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/101...edwerewolf.gif

Onkel Neal 06-22-11 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nisgeis (Post 1688958)
Having a think through many possible scenarios, each with different openings and mid games it all boils down to who plays what character as to whether it's a good thing or not.

But I think it's great to try new rules so I say let's see what happens with no super werewolf.

EDIT: A quick question: If a werewolf attacks a guardian (or protectee), will the guardian recognise the werewolf?

That is a great question.... what do you guys think?

Quote:

Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk (Post 1688982)
Ok..so when does the first mauling of a victim commence?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-5N1ihiiiCU...olf+attack.JPG

Working on the maps and story tonight, I hope to be done tonight, or by noon CST tomorrow. I am waiting for all the players to sign in to this thread first.

mookiemookie 06-22-11 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neal Stevens (Post 1689006)

I say no, because it gives guardians the power of being a seer..."True Seeing" for the DnD nerds out there.

Bakkels 06-22-11 02:49 PM

Quote:

Hm, I think he wouldn't be able to recognize the person. This would make him kind of like a seer wouldn't it? At least in the original game as I know it (but that's the 'real life' party game), the guardian assigns someone to protect, and then closes his eyes again before the werewolves wake up to make a kill.
And in that version, the wolves know who the other wolves are. They don't know that in our version, so they're already handicapped. Allowing a guardian to recognize the werewolf would make it even harder on them I think.

AVGWarhawk 06-22-11 02:51 PM

Quote:

Working on the maps and story tonight, I hope to be done tonight, or by noon CST tomorrow. I am waiting for all the players to sign in to this thread first.

PM'd you on something interesting I found. First game for me so the super wolf make no difference to me

Jimbuna 06-22-11 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mookiemookie (Post 1689012)
I say no, because it gives guardians the power of being a seer..."True Seeing" for the DnD nerds out there.

I agree with Mark.

Nisgeis 06-22-11 03:30 PM

If it was a given that it happened, then it would be bad... however and I don't really like it, but if the game was heavily biassed to the wolfies then maybe it could be used as a leveller to extend the game a bit.

I'm not really a fan of having rules that change or are loosely defined, as it makes it very hard to work out what's going on, but as long as we know the possibility is there then it's not a change and does add a bit of flexibility.

The Enigma 06-22-11 03:35 PM

Hi Neal,

Time table looks OK to me.

Rear 06-22-11 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neal Stevens (Post 1688618)
Guardian: The Guardians are humans armed with magic talismans, like a silver cross. They're the closest thing our little band of survivors has to defense. Each night, they choose one person to protect. If that chosen person is attacked by a werewolf, the Guardian will protect them and the werewolf is beaten back, without the Guardian or the person he is protecting being killed. If the werewolf attacks the Guardian, he is unharmed, but he loses his powers, and can no longer protect anyone or himself against future attacks.

If two Guardians protect each other and one of the Guardians is attacked, what happens? Does the attacked Guardian still lose their powers or does the protecting Guardian prevent this from occurring?

Carrying on in this line of thought...if two Guardians trust and consistently protect each other can they ever be killed off?

:doh:

Jimbuna 06-22-11 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rear (Post 1689069)
If two Guardians protect each other and one of the Guardians is attacked, what happens? Does the attacked Guardian still lose their powers or does the protecting Guardian prevent this from occurring?

Carrying on in this line of thought...if two Guardians trust and consistently protect each other can they ever be killed off?

Short answer....NO :03:

Raptor1 06-22-11 04:34 PM

Until one of them is lynched...

Onkel Neal 06-22-11 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mookiemookie (Post 1689012)

Good logic, I agree.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rear (Post 1689069)

Haha, I always think I have all the bases covered, then someone outsmarts me :)

Based on your second statement, I would say, if G1 is protecting G2, and a wolf hits G1, then G1 is mortal to the next attack. If the wolf hits G2 then G2 is mortal to the next attack.

That's a proposed way to handle it, ideas are very welcome. (I like discussing all the possible variants BEFORE the game begins!)

Bakkels 06-22-11 04:54 PM

Well you could introduce the rule that a guardian can't protect the same person two nights in a row..

*edit* btw Neil, did you hear anything from our Swedish friend? He wished us all a happy summer and I thought he posted he went away on a trip. And he hasn't been around the last couple of days. Would be too bad if he didn't play. He would certainly add a touch of Babylonian mystery to the game :haha: Plus, he's a nice guy that I have no doubt would be very active in the game considering his post count.

Oberon 06-22-11 05:13 PM

Revised timetable works for me lovely, thank you Neal :yeah: Looking forward to seeing where I land up this time. :salute:

Takeda Shingen 06-22-11 07:17 PM

Ready and willing! :DL