SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=244)
-   -   Ubisoft announces Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=155001)

Contact 08-17-09 01:51 PM

Trailer is not bad but english voiceover ? in u-boat campaign ? Can't think of anything worse at the moment.

Sonarman 08-17-09 01:54 PM

Perhaps we should have some sort of Subsim petition/pledge to buy to Ubisoft to create purchasable addons for both Wolfpacks and Controllable surface vessels, doing so at this early stage in SH5's development may be more successful than at the game's release when the team will probably already have been assigned to different projects.

dize 08-17-09 01:55 PM

great! looks like a beefed up sh4 engine. thats fine with me, since i realy liked the way sh4 looked. that rpg element is welcome, and obviously amined at the casual gamer. the feature that strikes me the most is this:

• WAR STRATEGIES: Choose your own strategy and select your targets with a new objective-driven, dynamic campaign

can this include the dreaded uboat ai? finaly? pls pls pls pls with sugar on top.

conus00 08-17-09 01:58 PM

I think Ubisoft should create a department and their sole job would be to extensively search here on subsim.com and listen to us. That would improve the game immensely.

Biggles 08-17-09 02:01 PM

Looks fantastic and sounds great and all, but the trailer was abit cheesy:haha:

FIREWALL 08-17-09 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by conus00 (Post 1152565)
I think Ubisoft should create a department and their sole job would be to extensively search here on subsim.com and listen to us. That would improve the game immensely.

One of our late modders (Dave) is in the SH4 Credits. :woot: :salute:

Contact 08-17-09 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pisces (Post 1152525)
First wrong move made allready. For crying out loud,... ATLEAST use german ACCENTS!!! This trailer is like watching U-571. :damn:

I'm curious about the dynamic campaign though. And I hope they mean with "Improved environment graphics" that the horizon is rendered realistically. Not with more pixels/textures/whatever.

Yeah.. I'm with you man.. could not think of any bigger nonsence.

u-168 08-17-09 02:05 PM

Nice i cannot wait but i spot a little bit of das boot in there :DL

U-168

Armistead 08-17-09 02:06 PM

Look's great....C'mon, we all know there will be a Fleetboat add-on released about 6 months later for $10.00, probably already made.

Voice over......... Sound's like Tori's Spellings husband......

martes86 08-17-09 02:08 PM

I must say, I'm nothing short of astonished. There was a massive jaw drop, I must confess. Ok, they got my expectations really high, I'm emotioned. Damn, I'm sold, lol. I just hope that what I saw in the trailer is on the level of what we're gonna get in the sim, and I hope they don't sacrifice parts of the simulation itself to put too much eyecandy, that they found a good balance.

And I love the detail they had of putting a forum section in Spanish, that's a point for Ubi.

Cheers

FIREWALL 08-17-09 02:12 PM

Did anybody else notice the black guy on the uboat conning tower ?

Carotio 08-17-09 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcb (Post 1152561)
And according to Ubisoft tradition, each game in the SH installment hit the shelves in March. So, I'd guess it's set for release in March 2010.

My guess is the third week of March...

Anyway, though I'll buy it and play it, I would have preferred WW1 uboats...
As for the voices, well, maybe we'll get the German voices too. At least, I sure hope so...
As for the rest, well, we'll just have to wait and see what the next updates and trailers will contain...

And oh yeah, it's not more than a couple of days ago that I posted this, so any complaints, well, maybe you get your wishes granted one day too...
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...5&postcount=13

Boris 08-17-09 02:28 PM

Don't fret about the voices, I'm certain there will be German audio in game... check out the German trailer on the German site...

http://silent-hunter.de.ubi.com/silent-hunter-5/

mookiemookie 08-17-09 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonarman (Post 1152563)
Perhaps we should have some sort of Subsim petition/pledge to buy to Ubisoft to create purchasable addons for both Wolfpacks and Controllable surface vessels, doing so at this early stage in SH5's development may be more successful than at the game's release when the team will probably already have been assigned to different projects.

I'd say it's waaaaaay too early to tell and we have no idea whether these things are definitely not in the game already.

LeafsFan 08-17-09 02:33 PM

A campaign that your results affect will keep me from getting too excited by this release.