SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   [REL] Merchant Fleet Mod for Silent Hunter 3 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=170741)

melnibonian 06-16-10 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reece (Post 1419773)
@ melniobonian, what system are you running, XP Pro, Win 7 64bit?:hmmm:
Looking at your list though you don't have many of the big mods such as:
FM's Interior
Aces Super turms
Open hatch mod
Sub flags and pennants
SubPen Animated
These are a big drain on memory!

I'm running Windows 7 (32bit) and my installation is fine and stable even with the FM Interior or the Open Hatch Mod. The one that caused me problems so far is the Sub Pen Animated, so I've decided not to use it for now.

pickinthebanjo 06-16-10 12:12 PM

I just decided i'm gonna buy a new computer, I only got like 8 gigs left (40 years of blues will do that though) and my processor is terrible.
what OP allows the most ram?

Jimbuna 06-16-10 01:33 PM

Give Windows 7 64 bit a go :yeah:

pickinthebanjo 06-16-10 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbuna (Post 1420788)
Give Windows 7 64 bit a go :yeah:

Gotcha, what about proccessor speeds? Just get the fastest?

Ping Jockey 06-17-10 09:16 AM

I would get a i7-980 processor from Intel with 12GB of RAM with Win 7 64 bit.

Jimbuna 06-17-10 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pickinthebanjo (Post 1420956)
Gotcha, what about proccessor speeds? Just get the fastest?

I've a friend who has a computer store and tend to be guided by him or his partner...but yes in the main, fastest is usually the best provided the specs of the other bits and pieces can keep up with each other.

IFRT-WHUFC 06-17-10 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbuna (Post 1421331)
I've a friend who has a computer store and tend to be guided by him or his partner...but yes in the main, fastest is usually the best provided the specs of the other bits and pieces can keep up with each other.

yep! You gotta look at the FSB! a fast processor goes in most PC's but it's all in how quick the memory can be accessed it also needs plently of slots these days!

pickinthebanjo 06-17-10 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbuna (Post 1421331)

I picked this one:
"Intel Core Processor i7-860" it seems good

and I picked Win 7 ultimate 64-biit

and an NVIDIA GeForce GT220 - 1gb

jangles 06-17-10 07:00 PM

I am installing the lite ver as the main one ctd'd on me.

Im a bit confused about the .cfg files.

it says : 3.)Then, open the MFM-IMPORTANT.txt file and copy & paste the unit names in your Englishnames.cfg (or its equivalent Germannames.cfg or whatever). I recommend you paste the names immediately below the last functional unit - in GWX this should be "Schute_M2=Small Coal Tender".

Should i put this into the englishnames or german names file?

also, my last entry is not the schute, it is the "TUS=Large Liner" (englisnames) and the "F04B=Dampfschleppnetzfischer 4" (germannames).

Also, I assume that I still need the skinpacks with the Lite version?

thanks,
Jangles

iambecomelife 06-17-10 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jangles (Post 1421744)
I am installing the lite ver as the main one ctd'd on me.

Im a bit confused about the .cfg files.

it says : 3.)Then, open the MFM-IMPORTANT.txt file and copy & paste the unit names in your Englishnames.cfg (or its equivalent Germannames.cfg or whatever). I recommend you paste the names immediately below the last functional unit - in GWX this should be "Schute_M2=Small Coal Tender".

Should i put this into the englishnames or german names file?

also, my last entry is not the schute, it is the "TUS=Large Liner" (englisnames) and the "F04B=Dampfschleppnetzfischer 4" (germannames).

Also, I assume that I still need the skinpacks with the Lite version?

thanks,
Jangles

Firstly, the game will run fine without the entries being pasted in englishnames.cfg.

However, if you still want them...

Paste them below whatever the last unit is on your particular install - that is, before any units set off by a semicolon.

You don't need the skin packs for the light version. If you try to use them you will end up with several folders in the "Sea" main folder that contain nothing but skins. I don't know for sure, but this may cause instability or crashes.

SirHiggins 06-18-10 03:21 AM

and what are the negative effects if i don't install the skins?

clouclou 06-18-10 03:33 AM

Crash to the light version and the 3.2. This goes well the JSgme, but just after loading a campaign, before returning to the soum, bam, back office.
W7, Intel Core 4GB RAM, Nvidia gt220
??????

papa_smurf 06-18-10 06:26 AM

Tried to install 3.2 but would not work, even tried Lite version on a clean install, but still get CTD when loading museum or new campaign.

These are the mods im currently running:

GWX - Alternate Loadscreen - Full Circle
GWX - Captain America's Officer Icons
GWX - Main movie - 'Das Boot'
GWX - English Nav Map and Grid Refs
LifeBoats&Debris_v4
Real Depth Charge
Realistic contacts with Sub icons
Torpedo damage Final ver2.0
Das Boot Clothes
OLC 'Gold' MkII ~ Option 3 ~ Environment with EDE and GUI
Wolfehunters_IXC_U160_MKII
OLC's Modified Searchlight Beams for GWX3
'Draggable Stopwatch for OLC 'Gold' MkII' mod

Look like i'll have to manage without this great mod:nope:

SirHiggins 06-18-10 06:39 AM

Anyone got any ideas why to CTD, tried to load museum or campaign but the same:down:

http://thumbnails16.imagebam.com/849...ce84897389.jpg

Sailor Steve 06-18-10 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirHiggins (Post 1421995)
Anyone got any ideas why to CTD, tried to load museum or campaign but the same:down:

No one knows for sure yet, but several people are working to solve the problem. It has been happening since the first pre-release - some people run it with no problem, and some can't get it to work at all. I can run it fine if I don't have any other mods enabled, but I like my other mods. And this is far too good to pass up, so it causes headaches.

It's not IABL's fault, and he is as bothered by it as any of the rest of us. We're all hoping it gets sorted soon.