SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   Silent Hunter 4 patch v1.3: Where? When? What? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=114690)

KLCARROLL 05-16-07 09:42 AM

Yes!!

Yes, a V1.3 patch is an absolute necessity!

pcelt 05-16-07 09:42 AM

I totally agree with all Neal's items----and would underline in particular the first issue related to credible Convoy behaviour when under attack---this activity lies at the very core of the game and believable Japanese tactics here are essential to any real immersiveness in the game.

pcelt 05-16-07 09:43 AM

I totally agree with all Neal's items----and would underline in particular the first issue related to credible Convoy behaviour when under attack---this activity lies at the very core of the game and believable Japanese tactics here are essential to any real immersiveness in the game.

crash924 05-16-07 09:45 AM

I agree that the devs need to finish patching what promises to be a great game...it took me over 4 hours of hard work to earn the money to buy this game, and I expected a finished product. If I were to do my job the same as UBI has done this game, I would be out of work very quickly and unable to purchase any other UBI products, which reduces UBI profits...if this happens with hundreds or thousands of customers, UBI ceases to exist...UBI please take a hint...
Charli
crash924@aol.com

bruschi sauro 05-16-07 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdkbph
SH4 is a seriously broken game. Without the mods, it would be all but unplayable as intended.

UBI either needs to STEP UP and fix it, or STEP AWAY and release the development tools (SDK?) to the community.

JD

you are right:rock:

Yanaran 05-16-07 09:52 AM

I agree with Neal's post and would also like to add my personal no1 issue that not a single ship in the game zig-zags, something pretty much every ship did during the war to avoid torpedoes.

We know it can be done since all convoys and taskforces do it *after* they come under attack (or rather constant helming), so just turn some switch to make them do it always. :up:

Reece 05-16-07 09:53 AM

Well, I have SHIV but uninstalled it! :-? Untill it's had a few issues (hard coded problems) fixed with a decent patch I wont be reinstalling it!:stare:

U-Bones 05-16-07 09:54 AM

Actually I expect patch 1.4 also, because I do not believe that the devs will be able to do the game justice in one patch.

I reserve the right to be wrong, and will happily retract that statement if I am proven wrong when 1.3 is released.

I am starting to see this thread as an assist from subsim in managed expectations. Last week we get a peep from Germany that the devs have returned from a rest and will be announcing patch plans. This week we get this sudden almost panicked petition to please do another patch. My take on this is that this is all pre announcement damage control and that 1.4 will never see the light of day.

So yes, please, give us another patch, but make it quality.

You only get off the hook for a fouth patch if you fix it in three. Manage that expectation.

akdavis 05-16-07 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by U-Bones
Actually I expect patch 1.4 also, because I do not believe that the devs will be able to do the game justice in one patch.

I reserve the right to be wrong, and will happily retract that statement if I am proven wrong when 1.3 is released.

I am starting to see this thread as an assist from subsim in managed expectations. Last week we get a peep from Germany that the devs have returned from a rest and will be announcing patch plans. This week we get this sudden almost panicked petition to please do another patch. My take on this is that this is all pre announcement damage control and that 1.4 will never see the light of day.

So yes, please, give us another patch, but make it quality.

You only get off the hook for a fouth patch if you fix it in three. Manage that expectation.

You are right. There are just too many problems, and the complexity of some is likely to introduce new bugs with a fix. The complete silence is a very bad sign.

jerryt 05-16-07 10:02 AM

Signed :up: I'm having fun with it using mods, but yeah, lets get it finished.

Fritz Wagner 05-16-07 10:08 AM

The reviews to date have nailed the problems.

If the Ubisoft people can't be bothered, then perhaps once the
revenue stream has dried up, which won't be long as things
stand now, open the code as a gpl for us to finish the job.:lol:

Cordially,

Fritz Wagner

digitizedsoul 05-16-07 10:08 AM

I agree with Neal, Beery, CCIP & TDK.

Everyone else, well you kinda have the same idea as them, only you add a certain degree of "whininess" to your statements that make me agree with them instead :)

Must have another patch. I too have played every silent hunter (including II) BLEH and this stuff has to be fixed.

UBI, if you don't want to fix it, RELEASE AN SDK SO WE CAN!

rdhiggins 05-16-07 10:09 AM

/signed :sunny:

jtm55 05-16-07 10:09 AM

Hi All

I can only echo Neal's sentiments. Silent Hunter 4 needs another patch. Please Listen to Us UBI Soft.

Julius Caesar 05-16-07 10:10 AM

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...ger35/doit.jpg