SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL] Intercontinental Radio Pack (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=166070)

kevinsue 03-28-17 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HW3 (Post 2475197)
Is there a way to get it to Sailor Steve to have it hosted here on SubSim?

I was lucky enough to get a copy of the Carotio's Intercontinental Radio Pack and make it available for download from the Subsim Downloads section in the Sound FX category.
The actual download is linked to a Silent Hunter 5 folder containing the individual packages in my MediaFire account. It's a huge mod comprising of 57 packs of 95Mb each.
It is called Carotio's Intercontinental Radio Pack *RELOADED*. After discussion with Neal and due to the size of this download and potential bandwidth usage of the Subsim server, it was decided to host it on my own account and link it to Subsim. This was back in mid 2015 and the link is still active.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=4700

HW3 03-28-17 06:43 PM

Thankyou for doing this, much appreciated.
:Kaleun_Salute:

Carotio 04-02-17 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinsue (Post 2475583)
I was lucky enough to get a copy of the Carotio's Intercontinental Radio Pack and make it available for download from the Subsim Downloads section in the Sound FX category.
The actual download is linked to a Silent Hunter 5 folder containing the individual packages in my MediaFire account. It's a huge mod comprising of 57 packs of 95Mb each.
It is called Carotio's Intercontinental Radio Pack *RELOADED*. After discussion with Neal and due to the size of this download and potential bandwidth usage of the Subsim server, it was decided to host it on my own account and link it to Subsim. This was back in mid 2015 and the link is still active.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=4700

I didn't know about this, but it's okay. I will update the initial post with this download link, and everybody will be happy then, I hope. :up:

fire-fox 04-15-17 09:20 AM

anyway to increase ingame volume as seems really quiet

scissors 03-17-18 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carotio (Post 2475174)
Hi there,

I have not been active in subsim for years, but was called back by a private message. Then by chance, I came by my old thread about my radio mod. I see some people still want it, but that it's hard to get.
And that ain't hard to understand, since it was huge in size. I had to let it go, when I gave up the hosting site of SHMF. I still have it on my own harddrive of course.

So did any of you find a solution to host it anywhere?
Does anyone still want it at all?

To explain my long-time absence: well, I chose to get myself another hobby than modding and playing the SH games. So i'm not at all up to date with the current must-have mods for any of the games.

Well, greetings to all of you! And happy hunting! :yeah:

Just wanted to say i have very much enjoyed this mod and it has been one of my all time favorites .
Very much appreciate the work and am thankful to be able to say so to you .

Sandman_28054 03-19-18 09:24 AM

Here is another question that I don't think anybody has answered yet.

In SH3 and 4, some of the folders have a "event" that occurs on a set date "in war".

Silent Hunter 5 does not allow that.

Has anybody found an answer or "cure" to this?

vdr1981 03-19-18 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandman_28054 (Post 2546034)
Here is another question that I don't think anybody has answered yet.

In SH3 and 4, some of the folders have a "event" that occurs on a set date "in war".

Silent Hunter 5 does not allow that.

Has anybody found an answer or "cure" to this?

You're wrong. SH5 support radio news/event pretty much the same like sh3 and 4...

Sandman_28054 03-19-18 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2546042)
You're wrong. SH5 support radio news/event pretty much the same like sh3 and 4...

I've been playing TWoS v2.2 for about a year or a little more, and not once has anything from the "Events" folder, played over the radio.

Sorry

vdr1981 03-19-18 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandman_28054 (Post 2546046)
I've been playing TWoS v2.2 for about a year or a little more, and not once has anything from the "Events" folder, played over the radio.

Sorry

In TWoS authentic radio news in German and sometimes in English language can be heard all the time. Check your events folder and events.ini file ...

Sandman_28054 03-19-18 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2546047)
In TWoS authentic radio news in German and sometimes in English language can be heard all the time. Check your events folder and events.ini file ...

If I'm not mistaken, the "Events" folder in SH5 is the same ones that are in SH4.

I have them in KMGB, Washington, and Fox.

I'll check again, just in case I'm wrong.

vdr1981 03-19-18 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandman_28054 (Post 2546048)
If I'm not mistaken, the "Events" folder in SH5 is the same ones that are in SH4.

I have them in KMGB, Washington, and Fox.

I'll check again, just in case I'm wrong.

TWoS contains modified Grossdeutscher Rundfunk radio mod(active from the start) and stock Washington radio (active from 1942) ...Every radio station have it's own events folder.

Sandman_28054 03-19-18 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2546049)
TWoS contains modified Grossdeutscher Rundfunk radio mod(active from the start) and stock Washington radio (active from 1942) ...Every radio station have it's own events folder.

Your right, but when I started the game (TwoS) I believe it only had one folder, "Washington".

But like I said, I'll check again.

Sandman_28054 03-19-18 05:51 PM

I went back and looked, and found a bunch of files: News_1941_01.ogg files, it says they were configure settings.

The Grossdeutscher Rundfunk radio folder didn't have any.

I went through a deleted all but the news files.

Will try again.