SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   [REL] [REL]Tycho Sh3 Patch (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=231140)

Kendras 05-08-17 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tycho (Post 2482737)
This is my personal variant:

I search for feeling of nautical charts, not a geographic map.

So, you have only 3 depth levels on the map ?

Here are the depth values I've found with the vanilla colors. In red are the values I've fixed for each depth color level.

And here is the result with 9 depth levels. I've also modified the dragable depth scale :

Kendras 05-08-17 08:46 AM

And here a darker version, with more readable depth levels :

http://i.imgur.com/lENc6OT.png

:Kaleun_Cheers:

Kendras 05-08-17 09:17 AM

In the readme, you wrote :

"You use "H.Sie fixes" and "Stiebler add-on": you take your original sh3.exe and patch it with "H.Sie fixes" and "Stiebler add-on", according to Stiebler's instructions. After that you copy this already patched sh3.exe file and patch it with Enhanced Map Drawing."

Is it possible to first patch Sh3.exe with Enhanced Map Drawing, and then patch it with H.Sie fixes and Stiebler add-on ? :hmm2:

Tycho 05-08-17 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hauangua (Post 2482761)
Hi Tyco :)
I understand and you are right ... no need geographic map!! me too wanted play "real nav" without sub or contact on the map... and I ask you... you how do you triangulate your position? using "lighthouse mod for nygm"?... or?

Near the shore, I use dead reckoning and fixes by a whole set of principles for coastal navigation, that I know. You can teach yourself from the internet.

Far from the shore I use pseudo navigation. Dead reckoning again, plus making fixes through ctrl+left click. If the weather get worse and I don't see the sky, I don't make position fix and continue with dead reckoning.
This requires self control, nothing can stop you to make the fix, but don't do it.

And, the most fun part is the plotting of other ships.
Here you come to the world of Relative motion.
Learn things like, Maneuvering board and Radar plotting (even without radar it have all bunch of applications).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kendras (Post 2482938)
So, you have only 3 depth levels on the map

Yes, completely enough.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kendras (Post 2482982)
And here is the result with 9 depth levels.

And here a darker version, with more readable depth levels

I don't like dark for the deeper, the feeling of nautical chart is lost, and is impractical for drawing/plotting.
But, if you are happy with this, all is good. I don't impose my opinion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kendras (Post 2482991)
Is it possible to first patch Sh3.exe with Enhanced Map Drawing, and then patch it with H.Sie fixes and Stiebler add-on ? :hmm2:

No, don't do that. H.Sie patch will not recognize the sh3.exe after that.

Kendras 05-08-17 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tycho (Post 2483036)
I don't like dark for the deeper, is impractical for drawing/plotting.

It depends on the color of the lines ! :03:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tycho (Post 2483036)
Near the shore, I use dead reckoning and fixes by a whole set of principles for coastal navigation, that I know. You can teach yourself from the internet.

Far from the shore I use pseudo navigation. Dead reckoning again, plus making fixes through ctrl+left click. If the weather get worse and I don't see the sky, I don't make position fix and continue with dead reckoning.
This requires self control, nothing can stop you to make the fix, but don't do it.

And, the most fun part is the plotting of other ships.
Here you come to the world of Relative motion.
Learn things like, Maneuvering board and Radar plotting (even without radar it have all bunch of applications).

One day, you should make a video about all that.

Tycho 05-08-17 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kendras (Post 2483037)
One day, you should make a video about all that.

I can't express myself in english. And honestly, lately I only dream how I play.
A little time that I have was spend for changing things in my installation.

LGN1 05-08-17 01:58 PM

Hi Tycho,

- deleted because I found the information -

great work! It helps a lot for playing with real navigation (you can now use the course line to keep your course without showing your position)!

Best, LGN1

Kendras 05-08-17 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LGN1 (Post 2483060)
great work! It helps a lot for playing with real navigation (you can now use the course line to keep your course without showing your position)!

What do you mean ??? :06:

Tycho 05-09-17 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LGN1 (Post 2483060)
Hi Tycho, great work! It helps a lot for playing with real navigation (you can now use the course line to keep your course without showing your position)!

Best, LGN1

Hi LGN1, glad to see you.
Good idea, will make it for myself.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kendras (Post 2483078)
What do you mean ??? :06:

In SH3 there have some kind of drift. If you are sailing only with course tool, you will not notice, because the boat follow the line.
But, if you sail without the tool, you will notice, that after time the boat deviated from that course.

Kendras 05-09-17 10:27 AM

So, how is it possible to not show your position (if your u-boot icon is hidden on the nav map) if you're using the course tool ? :hmmm:

JuanLiquid 05-09-17 02:32 PM

Does real navigation exist with SH3? I read somewhere that it wasn't possible, due to some clock malfunctions. If it's possible, then I see the utility of do not show your position in the map.

LGN1 05-10-17 03:14 PM

Hi,

there is only one little issue left when using the "course feature" with real navigation: you can see your boat's position in the period between the left-click and right-click when drawing the first section of a course (at least I was not able to remove this line segment).

However, this is not that crucial because you can do that once during a patrol (when you know your position), put the first waypoint at the map border (so that you will never reach it) and keep it there during the whole patrol to adjust your course.

Best, LGN1

Tycho 05-25-17 03:56 PM

I made new version, the first post edited, add these things:
- Ruler line scale-rhombs, get rid of these.
- Sizes of begin\end - mark\arrow of the tools.
- Long/Lat digits on degrees label.
- Scopes reticle, get rid of these.
- Sea foam below 9 m/s.

Because already is not concentrated only to navigation map, I rename it to "Tycho Sh3 Patch".

Anvar1061 05-25-17 11:51 PM

Where is the link download?

hauangua 05-26-17 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anvar1061 (Post 2486693)
Where is the link download?

here in post #1
"Tycho Sh3 Patch".

Anvar1061 05-26-17 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hauangua (Post 2486697)
here in post #1
"Tycho Sh3 Patch".

Ok! I guessed that he was there, but he could not find it from my phone.

makman94 05-26-17 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tycho (Post 2486655)
I made new version, the first post edited, add these things:
- Ruler line scale-rhombs, get rid of these.
- Sizes of begin\end - mark\arrow of the tools.
- Long/Lat digits on degrees label.
- Scopes reticle, get rid of these.
- Sea foam below 9 m/s.

Because already is not concentrated only to navigation map, I rename it to "Tycho Sh3 Patch".

Awesome work Tycho :Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:

thank you for sharing it :up:

Kpt. Graubart 05-29-17 07:03 AM

Good Job Tycho. Great Work
IŽll try this mod asap.
:Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:

Aquelarrefox 11-12-17 05:20 PM

Wow man, working!

Tycho 02-24-18 09:48 AM

First post updated!
Patch updated!
Changed the colors!
Added two things:
- Expand Nav and Attack maps render limit.
- Fixed intersection between upgrade page, equip option "none" and weather report, fog state "none".