SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [WIP] Type IX for sh5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=233811)

mkiii 10-15-17 03:22 PM

Type IX for sh5

Like the title says IX`s in our sim, (hopefully)

progress is a little slow, (real life does get in the way) plus this is all new ground for me.

https://s19.postimg.org/nhk1nzoqb/SH...5_20.33.49.png

https://s19.postimg.org/l08agppeb/SH...5_20.50.38.png

https://s19.postimg.org/bfonu0fjn/SH...5_20.41.14.png

still not totally happy with the hull yet, specular highlight is too big, and specular colour is too light, but at least I know how to fix it now.

mkiii 10-15-17 03:32 PM

The models are made by Wise and Kovall for the sh3 sim, so all the credit for the eye candy belongs to them.
All i am doing is the porting to sh5, having a little fun, and learning new stuff along the way

vdr1981 10-15-17 04:07 PM

:o
mkiii, I really don't know what to say. I am really impressed! :up:
I don't need to tell you how many people would be very perfectly happy to have type IX even in state visible on your screen shots...:yep:

Keep up a good work mate!

I don't know much about GR2 editor (just some basic stuff, nodes rotation ect) and wings 3D, but I learned a lot about other game files and dependencies. I 'll keep an eye on this thread and jump in occasionally if I could be of any help...:yep:

Once again, I must say that I'm very happy because you use TWoS as a base for your work because this is the the main idea behind my megamod in the first place. To have unified expansion for the game which will serve as a base for new modders.

mkiii 10-15-17 04:22 PM

Its still a 7C41 as far as the game is concerned yet, it was easier than trying to get it in as a IX at this stage.
but once I start altering conning towers, and other files I will have to make it a IX,

Can`t play without TWOS Vecko, it makes the game much, much better, its a huge effort on your part:Kaleun_Salute:

THEBERBSTER 10-15-17 05:56 PM

Hi Guys
This is a big jump in the right direction and looks like an exciting proposition.
To have a fully operational Type IX in SH5 must be every players dream to have a proper fleet boat with a large torpedo load.
The main reason I like to play LSH3-2015 is being able to command a Type IX.
Peter

skin-nl 10-17-17 11:32 AM

The type IX looks amazing :up:
Great work mkiii :salute:

Niume 10-17-17 01:12 PM

If SH 5 gets TYPE IX i will leave sh 3 and join SH 5 :D

gap 10-18-17 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkiii (Post 2518761)
Like the title says IX`s in our sim, (hopefully)

progress is a little slow, (real life does get in the way) plus this is all new ground for me.

Keep up the good work but don't rush on it :up:

Quote:

still not totally happy with the hull yet, specular highlight is too big...

Try increasing material's glossiness

Quote:

...and specular colour is too light

Increasing material's specular strenght parameter or the luminosity of the specular texture should do the trick.

Finding the right balance might take several trial and error cycles. Should you want to foresee your changes without having to enter the game every time, Goblin Editor is your friend on that.

All in all, when GR2Editor asks you if you want to update material properties from the materials defined in the models you are importing, my advise is to say no and to keep stock material properties. You are alway in time for doiung some slight material adjustments at a second stage :salute:

mkiii 10-18-17 10:07 AM

thanks Gap :up:, been playing around with the materials, but like you suggest adjusting what is already there seems to be the best way with the editor.

tried to add a set of maps, and it just bombed the file, ended up layering 2 textures together and altered the uv`s to suit the new texture, it was more work, but less frustrating.

mkiii 10-21-17 09:56 AM

got the fx bones pretty much done, still need a few tweaks here and there, but the bow wave is now at the front, and the wake at the back, deck splashes diving and surfacing seem ok.

the props now spin without going all over the place, and the rudders and dive planes now stay on their respective centres when moving.

doing the torp doors inner and outer at the moment,nearly ready to import
hopefully the animations will still work when they are in.

had a look at the conning towers :o lots more bones, cfg nodes, and other things,

vdr1981 10-21-17 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkiii (Post 2519565)
got the fx bones pretty much done, still need a few tweaks here and there, but the bow wave is now at the front, and the wake at the back, deck splashes diving and surfacing seem ok.

the props now spin without going all over the place, and the rudders and dive planes now stay on their respective centres when moving.

doing the torp doors inner and outer at the moment,nearly ready to import
hopefully the animations will still work when they are in.

had a look at the conning towers :o lots more bones, cfg nodes, and other things,

:up: :up::up:

Muckenberg 10-22-17 02:54 AM

Hello
So, that's wonderful and I hold my thumbs to make your work come to a successful conclusion.:Kaleun_Thumbs_Up::Kaleun_Thumbs_Up: Since I do not know English very well, I did not understand if the submarine would be just like AI or even a new playable? I apologize for my English.

mkiii 10-22-17 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muckenberg (Post 2519711)
Hello
So, that's wonderful and I hold my thumbs to make your work come to a successful conclusion.:Kaleun_Thumbs_Up::Kaleun_Thumbs_Up: Since I do not know English very well, I did not understand if the submarine would be just like AI or even a new playable? I apologize for my English.

the goal is for playable IX types in sh5, if everything goes to plan with this IXB, the C, C40, AND D2 versions should be easier to do.

Muckenberg 10-22-17 07:36 AM

Could you showcase some of the interiors for SH3 for your work?

mkiii 10-22-17 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muckenberg (Post 2519734)
Could you showcase some of the interiors for SH3 for your work?

not done any interior modifications yet, at the moment getting the exteriors working is enough of a task.