SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   "Failed to connect to Ubisoft Master Servers" (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=163879)

Fozzy22 03-08-10 09:54 AM

"Failed to connect to Ubisoft Master Servers"

Is anyone else currently getting this as i've been trying to install the new UI mod and now the game won't start. Is it me who's f'd up my game folder or a Ubisoft server issue like the last couple of days?

tennozan 03-08-10 10:02 AM

You mean a message like this?

An internet connection is required to play this game. Failed to connect to the Ubisoft master servers. Please verify that your internet connection is functional and try again.

No chief it's not just you. It's the MASTER servers at Ubisoft. Seems to me that all I was required to provide was the "internet connection" part and they would be good masters and provide me with the game I paid to use. Second day in a row that I can't use the game I paid good money for.

I was a fool to believe Ubisoft.

What a joke. :-?

Onkel Neal 03-08-10 10:03 AM

Sounds like it's on Ubisoft's end.

Dowly 03-08-10 10:15 AM

Na na naa, I'm still playing. :O:

Ali Fish 03-08-10 10:23 AM

yesterday, every single post at the ubi forums was closed within 5 minuites, that was anything pertaining to these problems. Today there forums dont even seem to be there. I believe ubisoft do what they do because they dont actually know what to do other than try make some profits. i have no faith in there leadership anymore. this is one **** gaming house company. i hope they go under.

also i cant help but get the feeling that the devs are not too happy with them also. i see things within things that lead me to think the state of our game at present is due to all this. i really mean this. im convinced its a backlash to ubisoft for many reasons. One of those being that ubisoft have demanded they make this a casual game of sorts.. which utlimatly has alienated every single person that was interested in silent hunter prior to the release of version 5 & thats without mentioning how the devs must feel given there work on the previous games. If i were them id be gutted,... to release a series of games and not appreciate those that bought the series and effectivly got it to version 5 is scandalous. i dont blame them for trying to make more profits. but they have definetly gone over the top this time. please ubisoft and before you are no more, sort it out before its too late.

on another note. what a crap weekend, i took the weekend off work to play silent hunter 5 and battlefield bad company 2. both havnt worked due to server issues of one form or another. what a weekend.

Cthulhus 03-08-10 10:24 AM

same problem here... Connection work (I'm on Subism) but coz Ubisoft I can't play ...

I have a legal game and I can't play ...

we should put Ubisoft on justice.

urfisch 03-08-10 10:27 AM

yes, in the german forum a member of the aotd clan is preparing legal steps against ubisoft and he is asking for everyone, who feels fooled from ubi to join him.

"AOTD MadMaxU48"

in my opinion, he´s the men. i already joined his protest.

Dowly 03-08-10 10:33 AM

Before taking any legal action, it might be a good idea to read all the terms and agreements you signed when you installed the game and the uplay. I'm sure there is something about possible downtime.

Ali Fish 03-08-10 10:36 AM

there probally a bigger picture out there that we are all not privy too, i hate taking sides untill all the facts are known. but what annoys me, is my game clearly stated "requires permanent internet connection" and i thought thats good advice on the side of ubi, glad they published that, but wait a minuite, i have a damn good permanent connection.

ill be joining this guys rant at ubisoft.

Phoenix3000 03-08-10 10:38 AM

Hi, I've been trying to launch the game all afternoon since 12-ish and I'm also getting the message "An internet connection is required...etc.".

Strange though - the launcher was updated, but I can't log in via the launcher itself!

@Dowly, I agree with you re. the terms and conditions, but Ubisoft should also honour their end of the bargain and ensure the system is available. If it isn't they should be notifying customers about down-time on their website or through a 'live' process when signing in.

It's a real pain in the a**e!! :damn:

de vliegende hollander 03-08-10 10:42 AM

here is the same too
sever is down and we can not play the game where pay a fortune for

grt henk

Sailor Steve 03-08-10 10:42 AM

I wonder if Trenken is playing right now?

Gammelpreusse 03-08-10 10:47 AM

Hm, I did not encounter any longer lasting cut outs so far, the longst was like 5 minutes or so over the week end.

However, I get a lot of short time interruptions, thanks to a wobbly internet connection. Every now and then a "cant connect blablabla either press OK or wait until connection is reastablished blabla" message pops up.

It's not a game killer, but its puts a constant level of stress onto the expirience as a whole, there is no real sinking into an immersive environment simply because there is the expectation another interruption coming up again sooner or later.

The times of easy "start game and play on" are obviously over for UBI games, and though I was open enough to at least give the new system a chance, I fear if this problems does not get resolved, and I really don't want to go the pirate road, UBI games are dead for me in the future.

This must qualify as a typical case of "wishful thinking meets reality", "no plan survives enemy contact", or "the road to hell is paved with good intentions".

Smooth and uninterrupted gameplay at least is not guaranteed anymore.

Ali Fish 03-08-10 10:47 AM

we need a gamers union to control all this. now thats not such a bad idea i think. how ubisoft got us to go on strike though ill never understand LOL.

piri_reis 03-08-10 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailor Steve (Post 1301968)
I wonder if Trenken is playing right now?

He's served his purpose of DRM propaganda and pufff he's gone... :hmmm: