SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   Lt Hetton Is Honking Me Off (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=239691)

ShotMagnet 01-17-19 10:22 AM

Lt Hetton Is Honking Me Off

Three team-insertion missions in a row. Three.

One is hairy enough. Two are that much more-so, but three...
Does the game assign these at random. or did I do something to warrant displeasure sufficient to draw the short straw three times?

Shot

NZSharkbait 01-17-19 05:54 PM

Hi ShotMagnet,

hint: stop calling your skippers Bond...James Bond.

Yeah, sorry, couldn't resist...:gulp:

merc4ulfate 01-17-19 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShotMagnet (Post 2587027)
Three team-insertion missions in a row. Three.

One is hairy enough. Two are that much more-so, but three...
Does the game assign these at random. or did I do something to warrant displeasure sufficient to draw the short straw three times?

Shot

Are you running any mods? Sounds like a glitch.

propbeanie 01-17-19 08:46 PM

... or perhaps you do not have SH4 v1.5 with the Uboat Missions?... Is it Steam v1.3? :salute:

ShotMagnet 01-17-19 09:42 PM

Version 1.3. Attempts to find v 1.5 have met with failure. This is a versioning thing, then?

Shot

fireftr18 01-17-19 10:09 PM

It could be a version issue. Try the sh4 website for version 1.5.

jimmbbo 01-17-19 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShotMagnet (Post 2587137)
Version 1.3. Attempts to find v 1.5 have met with failure. This is a versioning thing, then?

I just had three agent missions in a row... First time in several dozen games with V1.5, just chalked it up to "stuff happens", and the last few missions since have been "normal"...
If it doesn't perpetuate itself, shouldn't be an issue...

ShotMagnet 01-18-19 02:00 AM

And now I'm on a fourth. I'm obviously on someone's list.

Shot

propbeanie 01-18-19 08:52 AM

If you have a Steam version of the game, you'll have to purchase the Silent Hunter 4 Uboat Missions Add-on (US Store link), which is another $10 currently, but does go "on sale" every once in a while. Unfortunately, you cannot use the Ubisoft v1.4 patch on a Steam version of the game.

If you have a disk version of the game, or something like an Amazon download, then you can use the Ubisoft SH4 v1.4 patch (SubSim download link) to update to that in-between version. I do not remember though, if that gets rid of the repeat missions. What can happen, even with the repeats removed, as jimmbbo encountered, is you might be in a SubRon that has more SpecOps missions than others, so you might be assigned a few in a row, but they shouldn't be repeats.

It is recommended though that you get your install updated to v1.5 however you can. Most of the mods are for v1.5, and it is the version with the least amount of trouble in Stock trim. Version 1.3 can be very frustrating. :salute:

ShotMagnet 01-18-19 09:53 AM

OK, good to know. I had 4 insertions in a row, and ran up a negative tally with regard to renown. Seems to me that a skipper who's dropped off the kids should be rewarded handsomely, but I've played enough sub sims to know that this isn't how things go.

Current patrol finds me back to hunting merchies, so we'll see how that goes.

Shot

propbeanie 01-18-19 11:30 AM

Now, in Stock and most mods, you should get 300 renown points for a successful insertion, sometimes more. You do not lose points for failing. Sink Hospital Ship though, and you will incur a -2500 hit in FotRSU, just for the ship, and similar in other mods. Sink a "friendly", and it is a minimum of -5000 points penalty, and more for the ship itself (whatever its renown value is). Other than that, it is difficult to get a negative score... :salute:

NZSharkbait 01-18-19 06:43 PM

I felt a little guilty about my last agent insertion into Formosa. I dropped him off in the middle of a wild, wet, windy monsoon night: last I saw of the poor sod, he was desperately paddling his small rubber dinghy through a 10' sea, straight towards towering cliffs. Still, I got my 300 points...:D

propbeanie 01-18-19 09:28 PM

:har: I've had them turn turtle in the heavy seas, or maybe after I've run them over with my ship, their feet sticking in the air and - is that a paddle I see going by?... why, yes it is! He is still paddling while upside down in the water, and I still get my 300 points :har: :salute: