SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   [REL] RFB/Real Fleet Boat for 1.5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=125529)

Sardaukar67 10-25-08 10:38 AM

Nice work with manual !!

Orion2012 10-25-08 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kruger
Quote:

Originally Posted by Orion2012
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sledgehammer427
1. i think you can do that yourself with the "commands.cfg" file.
not too sure, but thats my guess...

2. i just said, "to hell with it" and started to plot my targets courses with the marker and compass...its actually kinda fun...like agebra class (but its not AS fun as algebra class:lol: )

1. Yes you can make the changes yourself in the commands.cfg if you know the hexidecimal for the key you wish to assign.

2. Remove either the contline.dds or dashline.dds (can't recall which) to get the contact tail's back. One of those file controls the tail's while the other controls sonar bearing lines. Remove those files from the RFB folder under Data/Menu/Gui before you enable RFB to keep the stock appearnece.

Sorry to be a pain in the ass, but I'm no techie. In teh same time, I'm no idiot, so I could do the changes if someone helped me with those values.

Thanks

I'm sorry I don't know them either. Maybe I can find it, if I do I'll PM you with the info.

Edit: Bosje is on the right track as well.

Task Force 10-25-08 12:08 PM

RTFM now!!!:D

Task Force 10-25-08 12:10 PM

Just started reading the manual, Veary good.:up: The pics on the pages that start new chapters look Veary good.

Orion2012 10-25-08 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Task Force
Just started reading the manual, Veary good.:up: The pics on the pages that start new chapters look Veary good.

Loading Screens :p

Task Force 10-25-08 12:29 PM

OOOOOOOOO:huh: Weary nice.:p

Release This Freaking Mod Now, If you wonder what I was meaning anyone.:lol:

Orion2012 10-25-08 12:31 PM

Quote:

OOOOOOOOO:huh: Weary nice.:p

If I could I would!!

Task Force 10-25-08 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orion2012
Quote:

OOOOOOOOO:huh: Veary nice.:p

If I could I would!!

So cant, but you could.:-?

Sledgehammer427 10-25-08 12:37 PM

greaaaat. now i read the manual...now i just wana play the thing already!

Task Force 10-25-08 12:42 PM

This waiting stuff is kind of like watching the grass grow, it takes forever.:damn: :lol:

Sledgehammer427 10-25-08 12:50 PM

amen to that...i might be getting s***canned here soon, so i NEED thsis mod while im stuck at home!

Ivan Putski 10-25-08 04:09 PM

Excellent job on the manual guys. Puts:up:

LobsterBoy 10-25-08 04:22 PM

I just got done browsing the manual (good work on that) and can't wait to get started, but I have one question. How is radar detection handled? I ask this both ways. Do we get a radar detector so we know when warships are so equipped? And do we know when Japanese detectors are deployed (roughly) so we can alter our approach accordingly?

Thanks in advance,
LB

Sledgehammer427 10-25-08 06:39 PM

please tell me you guys are going to be uploading this in the next few hours!

Arclight 10-25-08 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LobsterBoy
I just got done browsing the manual (good work on that) and can't wait to get started, but I have one question. How is radar detection handled? I ask this both ways. Do we get a radar detector so we know when warships are so equipped? And do we know when Japanese detectors are deployed (roughly) so we can alter our approach accordingly?

Thanks in advance,
LB

I thought you said you read the manual?! :lol:

Don't see a RWR upgrade available for the fleet boats, and it's also not listed under the "Japanese sensors" section. Not sure, but I think that means neither side has radar warning equipment.

Apart from that, it would be impossible to tell if an enemy ship has a RWR, apart from directly spotting the antenna on the superstructure. It picks up radar signals transmitted by... uh, a radar transmitter. Just like your (passive) sonar picks up sound "transmitted" by other ships. You can hear them, but they can't tell you're listening. ;)