SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   NYGM Tonnage War Mod (current v2.6) 8/11/07 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=97459)

coronas 05-09-08 12:12 PM

Great news, Stiebler!
Waiting impatient!

Stiebler 05-09-08 02:15 PM

Tomi_099 has confirmed by PM that he built his Type XXIII playable U-boat starting from Flakmonkey's XXIII (used only as an AI boat). I believed Tomi had started anew from the Type XXI.

Therefore Flakmonkey must have much credit for the new playable Type XXIII boat too. This is not at present acknowledged in the FuMB37XXIIINYGM mod readme file. The omission will be corrected when the final release is made.

Apologies to Flakmonkey for the oversight.

Date for release of new NYGM mod:
I cannot say, since it depends on other people. But not too long, I hope.

Stiebler.

kranz 07-09-08 07:12 AM

is there any progress in making the update?

Stiebler 07-10-08 02:50 AM

@Kranz:

I've been playing a full version of the new NYGM 3.0 since February.

The reason for the long delay in the release concerns re-zoning of some of IABL's new merchant fleet by Der Teddy Bar. Unfortunately DTB has had complicated personal problems in moving house, and therefore he has had to stop modding for about two-three months now. I can't continue alone, since DTB has a special tool for re-zoning.

Under the circumstances, I intend to release NYGM 3.0 at this weekend, with *some* of IABL's merchant ships as an additional overlay with their own campaign file. It's a good mixture, some fully re-zoned and given NYGM's slow-sinking property, some not re-zoned at all, but I've given them the NYGM special slow-sinking characteristics anyway. I've been playing this combination too for nearly three months.

Stiebler.

torpille 07-10-08 03:56 AM

yepeeee:rock: .
good songs.

coronas 07-10-08 05:27 AM

Excellent news. :rock:

kranz 07-10-08 07:44 AM

I was planning to paint my room but it seems that the plan has to be changed.Good job Stiebler!

Hitman 07-10-08 08:01 AM

NYGM hits 3.0 :up:

Will that be a full new package, or a patch to put over 2.2+2.4+2.5+2.6b :doh: (What I currently do!)

Aleksandar the Great 07-10-08 10:30 AM

NYGM 3.0-Exellent news!!!
Ahoy

Wilcke 07-10-08 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stiebler
@Kranz:

I've been playing a full version of the new NYGM 3.0 since February.

The reason for the long delay in the release concerns re-zoning of some of IABL's new merchant fleet by Der Teddy Bar. Unfortunately DTB has had complicated personal problems in moving house, and therefore he has had to stop modding for about two-three months now. I can't continue alone, since DTB has a special tool for re-zoning.

Under the circumstances, I intend to release NYGM 3.0 at this weekend, with *some* of IABL's merchant ships as an additional overlay with their own campaign file. It's a good mixture, some fully re-zoned and given NYGM's slow-sinking property, some not re-zoned at all, but I've given them the NYGM special slow-sinking characteristics anyway. I've been playing this combination too for nearly three months.

Stiebler.

Excellent news looking forward to this release. I cannot say enough about NYGM. I have 2.6b running and will add another install for 3.0.

Thank you!

Stiebler 07-10-08 12:58 PM

NYGM 3.0 released.

NYGM 3.0 released.

Follow this post:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...27&postcount=1

Or download the files from my signature below.

@Hitman: I hope the post referred to above answers your query fully. Just overlay NYGM 3.0 on top of your existing set-up. (You can, if you wish, remove patch 2,6B first, but this action is not essential.)

Stiebler.

biosthetique 01-02-09 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stiebler
-------------------------
original post

The NYGM team carries out a lot of research in order to create a mod with the highest realism that we can achieve for users.

At present, we are re-running some of our original past novelties in the NYGM sticky thread, to remind readers of what is already available.

The imminent version 2.2 release features heavily the British Inshore Campaign (1944-1945), as well as other innovations described in the sticky. In order to provide users, old and new, with an idea of what to expect from the Inshore campaign, we have published some of our original research:

http://wolvesatwar.org/files/InshoreCampaignEastUK.pdf

[I've tested that this link actually works in my browser!]

I have tested that link and it does not work today.
Is there a way to access that research work?...I am interested.
Please let me know;)

Hitman 01-02-09 02:49 PM

There is a sticky for NYGM latest version in the top of this forum, please go there for newest download links, patches and general discussion.

I'm locking this thread as it served his purpose already, unless Stiebler wants me to keep it open for some reason.

Thanks