SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   Guides and Training (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=108931)

magic452 02-07-12 02:49 AM

Welcome to the boat mate. :salute:

It's pretty easy. Go to the navigation map, that's the second button in from the left on the top row. Double click this button. That opens the navigation map.

On the lower row of buttons the third on in from the left will say "Plot course". Just click this and a line will show on the map. One end of the line is anchored to your sub. The other end is at your mouse pointer. Just move the mouse to where you want to go and left click, that will place the end of the line where you click and the sub will follow that line, it's your course. You can click on the second point and start another line to a different place on the map and click there and a second line will be locked. You can set way points in your course to take you any place you need to go.

At any time you can click on any way point and drag it to a different place. You can also click on any way point and release the mouse button and draw a new course from that point and any way points after the one you clicked on will be erased.

If you turn off the plotted course using the compass you will head where the compass is clicked. If you click the E you will change course to the east. To return to your original course there is a button in the bottom row that says "Return to course" Click that and you will head to your next way point. If you have a way point set anywhere you will see a line from your sub and it will go to the next way point.

The three dials on the lower right are for speed, course and depth.
there are tabs under each and clicking the tabs will bring up different dials that will do the same things.

Read the sticky post at the top of the main page and there is a ton of information there.
try this one
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=107783

And this one.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=146795

Magic

I'm goin' down 02-08-12 12:03 PM

Legion's Noob Tutorial

The second link in Magic's post contains a link to Legion's Noob Tutorial. That is a good one for players starting out.

ReallyDedPoet 02-14-12 02:10 PM

Great job here RR :yep::up:

Rockin Robbins 02-20-12 04:07 PM

Thanks RDP. I just have to find a home for my longer videos. You Tube has me chopped off after 8 minutes and other homes have been too temporary. Still working on it!

fright52 02-20-12 04:58 PM

Guides and Trainings

Many thanks for your kind response and all of the info and links shared. I'll start hitting the books and doing my homework. It will be great to point my sub any where but straight down!

Deephunter 02-26-12 07:56 PM

The SONAR ONLY (BY GOD) video has been removed :damn:....Is there an alternate link somewhere that will access it..??
EDIT:Sorry....Didn't read the previous posts...

MattM1121 02-27-12 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins (Post 1842512)
Thanks RDP. I just have to find a home for my longer videos. You Tube has me chopped off after 8 minutes and other homes have been too temporary. Still working on it!

Before RL got in the way I managed to DL some of your videos. I was looking at them last night and thought I might be able to run them through an AVI compressor to get them down to a more manageable size. Unless or course you've already done that.

Does SubSim have a place to upload them? If so is there a size limit?

Rockin Robbins 02-29-12 02:49 PM

I haven't asked or begged lately. The last time I did the answer was "no." It's really a shame. People who mod the game get space, as they should.

I mod the brain and there's no place for me at the inn.:cry: All these videos are at the mercy of people who couldn't care less about them. I do have local copies of all of them though, so they can't be totally lost even if they aren't accessible to those who need them.

DrBeast 03-01-12 01:05 PM

Man, I SO have to re-read everything. Two years of being away is WAY too long for an old dog like me :O:

Rockin Robbins 03-02-12 09:20 PM

Welcome back Dr Beast!:D

ReallyDedPoet 03-02-12 09:50 PM

Ditto, welcome back :up:

DrBeast 03-08-12 12:23 AM

Thanks, you guys. It's good to be back, I've really missed this place! And it's good to see familiar faces :DL

Rockin Robbins 03-08-12 11:54 AM

Yeah, some of us old codgers are just too ornery to die.:D

Rockin Robbins 03-14-12 01:55 PM

Guess what? I just received a message in my You Tube Channel that I'm go for videos "Over 15 minutes." I posted one earlier of 18 minutes and change, so the Dick O'Kane Tutorial Video is being uploaded right now and will reclaim its spot on the Internet!

I'm stoked! Now I have to take inventory to see what others I was unable to load there and get 'em up. Links will be changed upon successful upload. Pay attention to post #1 in this thread for the new links. I'll conspicuously indicate when that happens.:D:D:D

DrBeast 03-14-12 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins (Post 1855150)
Guess what? I just received a message in my You Tube Channel that I'm go for videos "Over 15 minutes." I posted one earlier of 18 minutes and change, so the Dick O'Kane Tutorial Video is being uploaded right now and will reclaim its spot on the Internet!

I'm stoked! Now I have to take inventory to see what others I was unable to load there and get 'em up. Links will be changed upon successful upload. Pay attention to post #1 in this thread for the new links. I'll conspicuously indicate when that happens.:D:D:D

We need a Like button! :up:
(And I think I've been spending WAY too much time on Farcebook...)