SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=244)
-   -   Play the Tipperary song (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=237192)

bstanko6 04-09-18 02:40 AM

Play the Tipperary song

Can someone direct me where to find the exact file that plays this song when you select wolfram to play it? I want to change this song for the one from das boot! Thanks.

Torpedo 04-09-18 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bstanko6 (Post 2548674)
Can someone direct me where to find the exact file that plays this song when you select wolfram to play it? I want to change this song for the one from das boot! Thanks.

Hi bstanko6
this is the path:

data\Sound\Speech\MCCD\Tipperary.OGG

and this is the command:

data\Scripts\AI\Crew\Gramophone_tipperary.aix

strategy Gramophone_tipperary(wp)
{
action
{
Wp:PlaySoundWithLipsync("RadioMan\Normal\MC_RR_RAD IO_34", 0); # "Ahh... a British song."
Wp:PlaySoundWithLipsync("MCCD\Tipperary", 5.0); # ""

Wp:ExecuteCommand( "Gramophone_stop" );
Wp:PlayAnimationAndWait( "RR_RADIO_A_GRAMOPHONE" );

Wp:ScriptCompleted();
}
}

:Kaleun_Cheers:Torpedo

bstanko6 04-09-18 05:35 AM

Great thanks

bstanko6 04-09-18 06:40 PM

It would appear this only plays ogg files. But now I know. Thanks!

Cyborg322 04-10-18 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bstanko6 (Post 2548787)
It would appear this only plays ogg files. But now I know. Thanks!

There is also music file is in SH5/data/sound/gramophone to play song by different route ie by the gramophone

01 Tipperary.ogg replace that file with your version

I have several Radio mods that are Mp3 format I can't see any reason why that gramophone would not play Mp3 files

or play the music via interaction with the radio guy as in the previous post

data\Sound\Speech\MCCD\Tipperary.OGG . Again Mp3 swap should work

bstanko6 04-18-18 12:24 AM

i was able to make the song i want into ogg, but it still will not play. I place the original back, and it plays no problem. I even named it just like the original. I'm thinking there is either another file I need to change or this particular Ogg file is specifically made for the script. Just to add I took the original tipperary song out completely and this new song just does not play. Ideas?

Cyborg322 04-18-18 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bstanko6 (Post 2549874)
i was able to make the song i want into ogg, but it still will not play. I place the original back, and it plays no problem. I even named it just like the original. I'm thinking there is either another file I need to change or this particular Ogg file is specifically made for the script. Ideas?

Will it play if you just put it in gramophone folder . Playing song not thru interaction with crew just direct . The Script for playing the song via the radio guy it pretty simple its just starting and stopping gramophone + playing file with voice and lip sync which is separate. Just out of interest what format was the original sound track ?

bstanko6 04-18-18 02:17 AM

Original is ogg.

Yes it plays in gramophone.

Torpedo 04-18-18 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bstanko6 (Post 2549874)
i was able to make the song i want into ogg, but it still will not play. I place the original back, and it plays no problem. I even named it just like the original. I'm thinking there is either another file I need to change or this particular Ogg file is specifically made for the script. Just to add I took the original tipperary song out completely and this new song just does not play. Ideas?

Hi bstanko6!
the audio parameters of the Tipperary.ogg file are:

Bit rate mode: Variable
Bit rate: 96.0 kb / s
Channel (s): 1 channel = Mono
Sampling rate: 48.0 kHz

You can replace this file with another one you prefer, but must have the same name and extension (off course) and the same parameters. I believe that the most important parameter is Mono.
In the past I modified audio files but they did not work because I had saved these files in Stereo mode and not Mono mode.
I hope you can solve the problem.

Torpedo :Kaleun_Cheers:

bstanko6 04-18-18 01:59 PM

I’ll take a look thanks

bstanko6 01-09-19 01:45 PM

Hey torpedo it's been awhile with this subject, but I never got the song to play through wolfram so I believe the audio parameters are not right. As it is, I cannot play OGG file directly on my pc only in game, how do I check the parameters and play music on my pc?

Echolot 01-10-19 12:51 AM

You should be able to play ogg files on your pc using vlc media player or a similar app. Changing and viewing the details of your file should be possible with i.e. the free app audacity.