SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Comments to SUBSIM Review (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=172)
-   -   Subsim members files not on any other website? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=204428)

morra707 05-16-13 09:17 AM

Subsim members files not on any other website?

I am a new member and wanted to download both hires lightmap files for uboats, all interiors, etc. and I have "exeeded my download limit for the day" eventhough I have not downloaded anything that day.

Why arn't these files located at other websites? I could'nt seem to find any other site where they would be located (Ubisoft, silenthuntermods, google etc).

Herr-Berbunch 05-16-13 09:24 AM

Try again, let us know how you get on. :yep:

Gerald 05-16-13 09:28 AM

SubSim have plenty of thing ya need,why go to to other site :arrgh!:

Herr-Berbunch 05-16-13 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vendor (Post 2057477)
SubSim have plenty of thing ya need,why go to to other site :arrgh!:

Because he's unable to download from this site at the moment, or was. Should be okay if what I think was causing it was causing it.

Gerald 05-16-13 09:34 AM

^OK :yep:

kranz 05-16-13 10:52 AM

cuz we protect our stuff, that's why.
some1 gimmie my rifle
<rifle.gif>

Sailor Steve 05-16-13 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morra707 (Post 2057461)
Why arn't these files located at other websites? I could'nt seem to find any other site where they would be located (Ubisoft, silenthuntermods, google etc).

Some are available at Silenthuntermods. Many more are available here.
Username: Maik
Password: Woelfe

As for Subsim Downloads, just post more and your daily rate will increase. Also if you make a small donations the Downloads will be massively increased, as well as access granted to the Subscription Downloads section.

Jimbuna 05-16-13 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailor Steve (Post 2057573)
Some are available at Silenthuntermods. Many more are available here.
Username: Maik
Password: Woelfe

As for Subsim Downloads, just post more and your daily rate will increase. Also if you make a small donations the Downloads will be massively increased, as well as access granted to the Subscription Downloads section.

Precisely...there are also some files available from my sig as well as the links below it.

Welcome Aboard :salute:

morra707 05-16-13 04:15 PM

Thanks Jimbuna. Outstanding Website at The Grey Wolves. I wish I had SH3 now! :arrgh!:

Thanks for the link Sailor Steve. I am browsing files now. I want to use the sim to record scenes for home movies and to learn about submarines and how to navigate.
Thanks Sailor Steve! :)

I was able to download from subsim today. I edited my profile then tried again and it worked. It may have been I "timezone" thing or my new profile "Contributions"

I had not downloaded anything today which was why I wondered.

Thanks all.

Now< I need to just figure out which graphic files are for sea and the muzzel flashes.

I downloaded the dds converter and the tutorial on how to edit the files.

Thanks. :salute::salute::salute:

Jimbuna 05-16-13 04:25 PM

Your welcome http://www.psionguild.org/forums/ima...ies/pirate.gif

Onkel Neal 05-16-13 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morra707 (Post 2057768)
Thanks Jimbuna. Outstanding Website at The Grey Wolves. I wish I had SH3 now! :arrgh!:

Thanks for the link Sailor Steve. I am browsing files now. I want to use the sim to record scenes for home movies and to learn about submarines and how to navigate.
Thanks Sailor Steve! :)

I was able to download from subsim today. I edited my profile then tried again and it worked. It may have been I "timezone" thing or my new profile "Contributions"

I had not downloaded anything today which was why I wondered.

Thanks all.

Now< I need to just figure out which graphic files are for sea and the muzzel flashes.

I downloaded the dds converter and the tutorial on how to edit the files.

Thanks. :salute::salute::salute:

Sorry about the headache and problems downloading, that was purely an error on my part. I reset some of the software and forgot to update the email info, which meant no new accounts were being validated. I activated all accounts in the last two days and sent each an email explaining what was going on.

Neal

morra707 05-21-13 04:17 PM

No Headach no problem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neal Stevens (Post 2057830)
Sorry about the headache and problems downloading, that was purely an error on my part. I reset some of the software and forgot to update the email info, which meant no new accounts were being validated. I activated all accounts in the last two days and sent each an email explaining what was going on.

Neal

:know: No Problems , no headache. I just needed a couple more files. I picked them up next`day. Your rules are great. Especially the bonus dloads by donation. If people donate to a good Website, they will be able to go back and get better files later because the site has "experience" and continuity.

It costs money for servers.

Jimbuna 05-21-13 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morra707 (Post 2060338)
:know: No Problems , no headache. I just needed a couple more files. I picked them up next`day. Your rules are great. Especially the bonus dloads by donation. If people donate to a good Website, they will be able to go back and get better files later because the site has "experience" and continuity.

It costs money for servers.

^ Excellent post :yeah: