SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=232)
-   -   SH4 uboat bugs thread. (Read past the first post before posting replies) (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=131872)

capthelm 02-28-08 03:44 PM

SH4 uboat bugs thread. (Read past the first post before posting replies)

frame rates are a disaster in this addon. total mess now compared to 1.4

bug with sonar room on uboats i get a blank screen.no instruments?

..thank god this was only $10 to buy.:down:, over all its a half assed addon imo.
no detailed thought on this 1., may have to uninstall this. till they fix it.

Private-Cowboy 02-28-08 04:13 PM

What about the framerate? I could run vanilla SH4 pretty ok on my laptop but "only" pretty ok. How much has it gone down??? I never tested 1.4 I must add, did that increase the framerate???

Raptor1 02-28-08 04:33 PM

I don't see any difference in performance, except that the loading times (which are better compared to 1.4, which was better compared to earlier versions) :-?

capthelm 02-28-08 04:35 PM

will do some more testing ,

not looking good last test i did, i have ordered a wolfdale E8400 cpu anyway.:cool:

se how it stacks against the fastest cpu out there shortly.

AVGWarhawk 02-28-08 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capthelm
will do some more testing ,

not looking good last test i did, i have ordered a wolfdale E8400 cpu anyway.:cool:

se how it stacks against the fastest cpu out there shortly.

Ah, what kind of frame rates are you looking for? Are you spending more time and money worried about frame rates getting to 100+ or is you machine cranking 5 FPS all the time. My weak 3200+, 2 gig DDR and 7800 GS gets me 30+ frames. Pretty respectable for 4 year old machine that is run by chipmunks.

capthelm 02-28-08 04:51 PM

posting up what i find..,i dont bull... on framerate findings.
1.4 was smooth for us..as i say again will test more..

i like my games to be silky smooth for play.:rock:

Raptor1 02-28-08 04:55 PM

It could be a hardware-specific problem, my humble Pentium D 3.0GHz/Radeon X1600 512mb/1G DDR runs it fine, with only occasional slowdowns at bad weather

capthelm 02-28-08 05:31 PM

just found out it was old creative drivers i was using, =updated.

i test sh4 with fraps running to make small vids..

fairly smooth frames again, i would say its a little choppy here and there..still

Click here to watch SH4--UBOAT-ADDON:rock:

Ragtag 02-28-08 05:47 PM

Performance is better than SH4 1.4, loadtimes are way faster.
Only GFX bug i have are the watchmen on deck missing their eyes, rest of the crew has eyes. Im using the official forceware 169.25 and i have tried several newer betas with no luck.

Private-Cowboy 02-28-08 06:09 PM

One question before I buy: What sort of protection does the expansion use? My SH4 uses Securom and needs the disc in the drive. But since the expansion is sold online, is there some online verification that requires you to be online when playing? Because that's something that I could not do. Or does it need the SH4 disc? It would be nice if you could let me know.

LukeFF 02-28-08 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Private-Cowboy
One question before I buy: What sort of protection does the expansion use? My SH4 uses Securom and needs the disc in the drive.

You obviously are playing with an un-patched version of the game, because the disc hasn't been needed to play the game since 1.3

Q3ark 02-28-08 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragtag
Performance is better than SH4 1.4, loadtimes are way faster.
Only GFX bug i have are the watchmen on deck missing their eyes, rest of the crew has eyes. Im using the official forceware 169.25 and i have tried several newer betas with no luck.

I've had the eyes problem since 1.4. I just ignore it, it's no problem as my watch crew can spot ships without them as they are trained in the ways of the jedi and they simply use the fource:arrgh!:.

Seriousley tho, not noticed any loss of frame rate infact the game runs a lot smoother on my rig than 1.4 did, especially around ports. Overall I am quite happy with it, the USN could have used some attention. More equipment for the subs eg. FM sonar, better detailed models but I can live with it. Worth the £9.99 I spent for it.

Private-Cowboy 02-28-08 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeFF
Quote:

One question before I buy: What sort of protection does the expansion use? My SH4 uses Securom and needs the disc in the drive.

You obviously are playing with an un-patched version of the game, because the disc hasn't been needed to play the game since 1.3

To be perfectly honest, the last time I played my SH4 was with version 1.2 - I really appreciate this step even more on my laptop because it allows me to swap the drive for a second battery. So its not needed for the 1.5 that is the expension either?

stabiz 02-28-08 08:37 PM

No, i cant see why.

LukeFF 02-28-08 09:36 PM

Quote:

So its not needed for the 1.5 that is the expension either?

No, it's not.