SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Comments to SUBSIM Review (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=172)
-   -   Aloha SubSim mā! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=231916)

kahoaalohakupaa 06-17-17 09:23 PM

Aloha SubSim mā!

Aloha ʻoukou!
My name is Kahoaalohakūpaʻa and I have "lurked" (I think that's how they say it) here on the SubSim forums now and then; but recently I have become intrigued with maritime folkways, culture, and what not.

I read Melville's Moby Dick a few years back and found myself not being able to relate to the story at first but then the book really grew on me.

I do have a small penchant for military history and after about a year or so later, while looking for of copy of "Naval Strategy" by Admiral Mahan (a friend recommended the martial thinker/writer) I came across the "U-Boat Commanders Handbook," Thomas Pub. (1989). And afterward was really captivated by the idea of being able to experience an accurate Submarine simulation.

Now I admittedly have never been an enthusiastic (or apt, 😂 ) video-gamer, but I enormously enjoyed and often played Strategy and Tactics magazine's in-issue war games. Enjoying the smaller unit, urban-based, Middle Eastern conflicts the most! So I purchased a copy of Silent Hunter III. Though I never was able to get the game to operated on my system without serious lag.

A few months ago I look into Ubisoft's submarine line games again and discovered that back in 2010 a new one had been released and I really want to give this another shot. I have a new computer system and have discovered all of the support that SubSims give to their community including all of the members here who have a YouTube presence.

So! Here I am, on there verge of buying a new copy of Silent Hunter V. I plan on doing a little more study of game mechanics and research of what mods might be for me. I am of the "total reality" type of game experience seeker.

I don't just want to consume information here on the SubSim forums but I hope to eventually be able to contribute to the community.

Mahalo for reading my into! And talk to you soon!
A hui hou!

Gerald 06-17-17 11:08 PM

Welcome to SUBSIM Kahoaalohakupaa

:salute:

Jimbuna 06-18-17 06:22 AM

Welcome to SubSim :Kaleun_Salute:

Aktungbby 06-18-17 08:26 AM

welcome aboard firsttime poster!

kahoaalohakupaa! :Kaleun_Salute:

u crank 06-18-17 08:38 AM

Welcome to SubSim kahoaalohakupaa. :salute:

Eichhörnchen 06-18-17 09:53 AM

Welcome. I like my sims to look as real as possible, too. I think you would enjoy SH4 and 5 more from this point of view (the ocean and weather look so realistic) but SH3 feels more exciting and realistic in the actual gameplay.

HW3 06-18-17 10:41 AM

Welcome Aboard!

Commander Wallace 06-22-17 08:13 AM

Welcome to Subsim Kahoaalohakūpaʻa. :sunny: Nice Introduction as well. One of the strengths of Subsim is it's members like yourself. Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions here. Eichhörnchen gave good advice as well, regarding the Silent Hunter series of simulations.

Enjoy your time and welcome aboard.