SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   [REL] Run Silent, Run Deep - The Campaign (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=123467)

Kal_Maximus_U669 12-08-22 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaleunMarco (Post 2841529)
yeah...this one is different.
search using "RSRD".
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=4738

there are a bunch of RSRD mods that can be run on top of other mods such as TMO.

Good Luck!

It seems useless why waste time on it ... it's not been a day for a long time ... then be careful with soup mods ..!!! lol :har::har:

william"hawkeye" 03-24-24 01:54 PM

A little trickier than I'm used to

I've been playing FOTRSU for a while now and have been enjoying it, but a friend recommended that I try this mod for greater difficulty. And boy was he right! I kinda got fired-- uh, I mean promoted to a desk job a year into the war for my unimpressive performance. I think a few incidents early on made me very cautious(like when I believe I struck a mine off Guam), but I do have to say that I ran into very few targets on patrol. Is this intended? Even when I went full-tilt at everything I saw, I never saw more than two merchants on a patrol.

But I'll give it another go, this is a good mod and I've been enjoying it. Even if it has been kicking my ass

Red Devil 03-24-24 04:07 PM

Hawkeye - I think it all depends on your view of the sim, the action and targets. I never play above 'normal' and use few mods, mainly visual. My torps are Webster No 3 which have a bigger 'bang', but not much. I believe that many of our friends have massive differences, but hey, it IS only a game and I like my fun. :up:

Good grief!! I have just noticed that I have been here for 20 years, come May. I do recall I was here once before too but got 'broke' .........

propbeanie 03-24-24 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by william"hawkeye" (Post 2907010)
I've been playing FOTRSU for a while now and have been enjoying it, but a friend recommended that I try this mod for greater difficulty. And boy was he right! I kinda got fired-- uh, I mean promoted to a desk job a year into the war for my unimpressive performance. I think a few incidents early on made me very cautious(like when I believe I struck a mine off Guam), but I do have to say that I ran into very few targets on patrol. Is this intended? Even when I went full-tilt at everything I saw, I never saw more than two merchants on a patrol.

But I'll give it another go, this is a good mod and I've been enjoying it. Even if it has been kicking my ass

Yes, that is the way lurker intended it. You definitely have to find the traffic lanes, and they do move as the game progresses. Good stuff. If you ~really~ want a challenge, put it on top of Ducimus's TMO 2.5... :salute:

william"hawkeye" 03-24-24 06:31 PM

Ah, I see. Yea I figured I would need to do something like that. But is there any way to tell where these transport lanes actually are?

KaleunMarco 03-24-24 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by william"hawkeye" (Post 2907037)
Ah, I see. Yea I figured I would need to do something like that. But is there any way to tell where these transport lanes actually are?

well, you should read the documentation of both TMO and RSRD for mods that are compatible and for the order of application. at a high level, you apply TMO 2.5 (Ducimus) first and then RSRD, however there will probably be other mods that you want to apply. be sensitive to the files that the latest mod is applying over the top of files changed by TMO and RSRD.

i do not have TMO/RSRD installed on this device and will not be near my main SH4 device until May sometime, so i am doing this from memory. RSRD does have a support folder with convoy route information and since you will applying RSRD over TMO, i would study that documentation.

be advised that TMO/RSRD reduces the traffic volume when compared to stock SH4 1.5-UBM.

if i think of any other outstanding difference, i will re-post.

also, be advised, i would suggest that you do not mix TMO_Bubblehead mods with TMO_Ducimus, or vice versa.

good luck!
:Kaleun_Salute: