SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   DW Mission Designers' Forum (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=191)
-   -   Loading doctrine files (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=105721)

DanielSan 02-14-07 11:30 AM

Loading doctrine files

Okay sorry for the load of questions, but ... Yesterday I created a custom doctrine for a unit in my mission. Just to get a little more advanced with the AI movements and all.

Does anyone know how to include it in the scenario though? i.o.w. how do I call my doctrine file routine. Thanks in advance.

Btw I'm still working on it but completed 3 missions on my Venezuela campaign.
Muchhhh more work then I thought making it interesting and all. I think 5 more to go. But I really wan't some more script power in these because I hate Krivaks that wrongly set the torpedo depth and torp themselves + doctrine can be more powerful in the file then the mission editor.

LuftWolf 02-14-07 11:44 AM

The reason AI platforms set their torpedo depth wrong is because the NavalSimEngine feeds the depth to the weapon in meters, but the doctrine reads the input as feet.

So, in order to correct this, you need to create a RunOnce section in the doctrine that converts the SearchDepth variable from meters to feet. If you need an example of this, you can see the torpedo doctrines included with LWAMI.

LWAMI also includes some extra features to make the AI set torpedoes under the layer with some variability in all torpedo depth settings.

Cheers,
David

DanielSan 02-14-07 01:27 PM

Cheers!

Thanks for the input. I just downloaded this LWAMI monster and it makes things much more yummie. Playing with it makes it harder maybe, but much more forfilling and realistic. :)

DanielSan 02-14-07 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuftWolf
The reason AI platforms set their torpedo depth wrong is because the NavalSimEngine feeds the depth to the weapon in meters, but the doctrine reads the input as feet.

So, in order to correct this, you need to create a RunOnce section in the doctrine that converts the SearchDepth variable from meters to feet. If you need an example of this, you can see the torpedo doctrines included with LWAMI.

LWAMI also includes some extra features to make the AI set torpedoes under the layer with some variability in all torpedo depth settings.

Cheers,
David

By the way ... now I have programmed some doctrine in a file and placed in in the directory. How do I use it in the mission? Do you know? Thnks

LuftWolf 02-14-07 01:48 PM

You must go into the database and assign it to the platform you want to use it.

Keep in mind, it then will not use any other doctrine.

Cheers,
David

GrayOwl 02-14-07 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanielSan
Quote:

Cheers,
David

By the way ... now I have programmed some doctrine in a file and placed in in the directory. How do I use it in the mission? Do you know? Thnks

In any way. The mission works with other operators.

DanielSan 02-14-07 02:22 PM

So to get this clear. When I open my .mc file in say notepad, I can manually assign other commands within the doctrine of the script that is written there. Operators like == != $= etc. ?

Thanks LuftWolf. I will not edit thos other ship files because I guess LWAMI does that already and I love it already. Must be a load of work I reckon, great job!

Thanks

LuftWolf 02-15-07 04:40 AM

I'm not sure.

I didn't know you were talking about a mission script (doctrine).

As far as editing the .mu file directly with a text editor, that would be news to me, but a great find if in fact the mission editor was more limited than the mission interpretor.

Unfortunately, my knowledge is related primarily to modding, and I'm not as familar with the advanced features of the mission editor as I'd like to be.

Cheers,
David

Fish 02-15-07 08:17 AM

Quote:

I'm not sure.

I didn't know you were talking about a mission script (doctrine).

As far as editing the .mu file directly with a text editor, that would be news to me, but a great find if in fact the mission editor was more limited than the mission interpretor.

Unfortunately, my knowledge is related primarily to modding, and I'm not as familar with the advanced features of the mission editor as I'd like to be.

Cheers,
David

Editing teks in .mu file is common. At least for me. :oops:

DanielSan 02-15-07 09:21 AM

Fish, would you be so kind to show some examples of your work in the .mu?
Thnx, I wonder what is possible here.

kage 02-16-07 07:00 PM

One thing I can mention for that, is briefings and messages; The mission editor has a text editor that simply doesn't cut it. But before password protection (every .mu file) is plain text.

Fish 02-28-07 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanielSan
Fish, would you be so kind to show some examples of your work in the .mu?
Thnx, I wonder what is possible here.

Here you go, open the map with notebook (all files).
http://www.xs4all.nl/~peschiwj/naamloos.JPG