SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   [WIP] The Modern Subs Project (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=161396)

BeN2988 02-11-10 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ETR3(SS) (Post 1259898)
Karle94 and I have teamed up to bring you more playable modern subs. He will be working on the 3D modeling while I work with the game files. So far the list is Akula, Oscar II, Victor III, Virginia, Seawolf, and Nautilus. More details as they become available.

Thank you for not forgetting about Russia's submarine! I'll look forward to К-141 «Курск» (Oscar II). :up:

Karle94 02-13-10 08:52 PM

That was a tragic accident indeed. I might even make the Yassen/Graney.

BeN2988 02-14-10 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karle94 (Post 1267189)
That was a tragic accident indeed. I might even make the Yassen/Graney.

It would be very good! I can help you in this project in any way? Submarine simulation worthy! :yeah:

keltos01 02-14-10 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sledgehammer427 (Post 1263862)
I still have my GUPPY mod in the works. I haven't touched it in a long while, but it's a good prospect I might pick it up again and figure out what's wrong with the texture mapping

Can you send it to me again by pm Sledge ? I 'll try and help you out :up:

Also : can you make a texture for the Jyunsen C2 please ? I know they were dark, then late war they tried light gray-blue.

keltos

keltos01 02-14-10 03:28 AM

Victor III model

Victor III 3d model :

http://www.filefront.com/12594418/Vi...Submarine.rar/

keltos

keltos01 02-14-10 03:29 AM

http://www.filefront.com/10288550/SN..._Sulikate.max/

Krauter 02-15-10 04:46 PM

sorry to bring this up keltos, but the victor and the second link (sorry what sub is it for?) what is this???

Are they playable subs or simply just a look at the models your using?

EDIT: How to view the models??

keltos01 02-15-10 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krauter (Post 1268869)
sorry to bring this up keltos, but the victor and the second link (sorry what sub is it for?) what is this???

Are they playable subs or simply just a look at the models your using?

EDIT: How to view the models??

those are free models I found, some in 3ds format some in obj

keltos

BeN2988 02-16-10 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keltos01 (Post 1268937)
those are free models I found, some in 3ds format some in obj

They can be somehow converted to the format of the game? :06:

Krauter 02-16-10 08:37 PM

Just a couple questions and such before this drops off :DL

First off, as one of the leaders of this Mod, ETR has some in depth knowledge of US subs and their capabilities (correct me if I'm wrong please..) but due to legal constraints cannot and will not divulge these to the communities. This is fine. My question is, with the addition of Russian submarines will we have a.. counterpart if you will.. will ETRs knowledge and such with Russian submarines?

Secondly, is there any ETA on the Mod :D?

Thirdly.. any comments on the SSGN Setup I posted earlier? Does it sound plausible and efficient?

And Lastly, Thanks again to ETR, Karle and (hopefully he joins full time :yeah: ) keltos.

Keep at it, your work is extremely appreciated :salute:

Krauter

ETR3(SS) 02-16-10 09:12 PM

First answer. Yes I do have quite the in depth knowledge of US submarines. In Sub School I was taught the Los Angeles class like any other submariner, and then I learned the Ohio class when I was stationed onboard one. You are also correct in the legal constraints. Shortly before I was discharged I signed a Non Disclosure Agreement prohibiting me from speaking about any classified information about US Submarines. As to a Russian counterpart, if there's one out there I'd be more than happy to work with him.:DL

Answer number two. No time table is set so we can't give an ETA at the moment. I'm going to be scaling back on my work for the next few days while I put together my new computer once all the parts get here.

#3. I like the idea but I think we are constrained by the limits of the game. So far any attempts to create a "vertical torpedo tube" have met with failure. I think the game can only launch weapons horizontally.

Thanks for the positive encouragement by the way.:salute:

Krauter 02-16-10 09:16 PM

1: Might Dagon or someone on that forum try and collaborate? Or are the Soviets still kind of closed about the military hardware??

2: All is well for me, take your time :)

3: Hmmm.. this is strange.. must they be straight 180* horizontal? or can they be angled at any angle (45 upwards, etc) Would following Silverlights way of just changing it into a gun work as well?

Cheers,

Krauter

ETR3(SS) 02-16-10 09:23 PM

It's been my experience that the Russians are even more tight lipped about their subs than we are. That being said all the information I use about US submarines comes from the public domain anyways, so it would probably be the same with the Russian ones as well. We could change the cruise missile launchers into guns but that means being surfaced to use them.:-?

Krauter 02-16-10 09:28 PM

I figured lol.. so all we have for the Russians are best guesses as well as any people even remotely knowledgeable? From working in 688 boats and Ohios would you know anything on capabilities (speed, sensors, quiet-ness?)

Also surfacing definitely wouldn't be an option lol.. hmm I was just wondering if you could angled them so the game recognizes that the tubes are horizontal but they appear angled or vertical.

ETR3(SS) 02-16-10 09:40 PM

I know quite a bit about the capabilities of an Ohio class, 688 not so much. There are things burned into my memory from my days as a nub. I can still tell you how many hydrophones are on the sonar sphere, draw trim and drain from memory, etc etc. I may look into vertical tubes again just for ****s and giggles, but I got a project now that's driving me insane as it is.:haha: