SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mission Designers' Forum (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=222)
-   -   For my British campaign?! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=142132)

ivank 09-15-08 05:11 PM

For my British campaign?!

for my British campaign should I use US ports in the mission editor or should I use British ports!?

EDIT: Does the existence or non-existence of friendly airbases really matter?

peabody 09-15-08 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ivank
for my British campaign should I use US ports in the mission editor or should I use British ports!?

I would think the only difference is in determining friend or enemy.
Peabody

ivank 09-15-08 08:10 PM

so the ships should be able to start and end patrols in British bases?

peabody 09-15-08 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ivank
so the ships should be able to start and end patrols in British bases?

Should be. Easy way to check, go to the US Campaign folder and find USNavalBases.mis. Save a backup copy!!!!! Open, delete Pearl Harbor after checking the 'Properties", add a British base in it's place, Rename to Pearl Harbor, Save and try to start a Campaign. If that works they go far enough away so the anchor icon on your screen disappears, return to base and dock. If it works then replace the USNavalBases.mis with your copy so the game is back to normal and you have the answer.

Peabody

ivank 09-16-08 02:04 PM

will do after HW:nope:

ivank 09-17-08 08:43 PM

Does the existence or non-existence of friendly airbases really matter?

sidslotm 07-05-10 05:42 AM

British missions

so did you get a british mission up and running

sidslotm 07-09-10 02:22 PM

Valeta base

I have put my very first british mission together and run it out of Valeta, surprise surprise, it worked. This has promted me to have ago at another single mission and with a more detailed and complicated setup and increase the danger levels.

Now we have WDAD from Lurker, also the classT brit boat from keltos I feel its time for the RN to go on the offensive in the Med.

This does seem to be a quiet backwater post, so I will not expect a sudden rush of mail :).

If however there is life out there I have a question.....

I placed just 2 ships in the Valeta harbour to add a bit of life and a DD hunt1 guarding the entrance to the harbour. But when I got SH4 running there where quite a few ships docked, as well as a whole flotilla of RN warships, at least 5, running within the SH4, is this normal.

happy days are here, sid :up:

peabody 07-09-10 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidslotm (Post 1440006)
I have put my very first british mission together and run it out of Valeta, surprise surprise, it worked. This has promted me to have ago at another single mission and with a more detailed and complicated setup and increase the danger levels.

Now we have WDAD from Lurker, also the classT brit boat from keltos I feel its time for the RN to go on the offensive in the Med.

This does seem to be a quiet backwater post, so I will not expect a sudden rush of mail :).

If however there is life out there I have a question.....

I placed just 2 ships in the Valeta harbour to add a bit of life and a DD hunt1 guarding the entrance to the harbour. But when I got SH4 running there where quite a few ships docked, as well as a whole flotilla of RN warships, at least 5, running within the SH4, is this normal.

happy days are here, sid :up:

Single missions load all the campaign "traffic" files, so it will load all the traffic from stock OR whatever MOD you are using.

Peabody

sidslotm 07-10-10 02:13 AM

Valeta

Thanks for that Peabody, I will move on.

Let me ask you this? if I may.

If I make say 5 missions over one year in the Med based in Valeta, will I be able to make a campaign out of these files.

thanks sid :hmmm:

peabody 07-10-10 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidslotm (Post 1440482)
Thanks for that Peabody, I will move on.

Let me ask you this? if I may.

If I make say 5 missions over one year in the Med based in Valeta, will I be able to make a campaign out of these files.

thanks sid :hmmm:

5 missions is not much for a Campaign, but you could do it if you set them up properly.

Peabody

sidslotm 07-11-10 01:15 PM

thanks peabody

this is good to know, I have been encouraged my initital success and would like to do a med campaign based from valeta, at leased I have a direction now, thanks

peabody 07-11-10 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidslotm (Post 1441462)
this is good to know, I have been encouraged my initital success and would like to do a med campaign based from valeta, at leased I have a direction now, thanks

Just remember if you use these single missions as a campaign, remove the player's sub from the mission.

Peabody

Admiral8Q 07-13-10 10:58 PM

I'd love to play a Med campaign. Someone did something like that in SH2 if I remember correctly. It would last up until the defeat of Italy I suppose.

sidslotm 07-26-10 11:17 AM

med campaign

Quote:

I'd love to play a Med campaign. Someone did something like that in SH2 if I remember correctly. It would last up until the defeat of Italy I suppose.
Yeah this is my idea, I'm working on a second trial mission as an experiment. I have to say I'm not to good at it, but the Italian war in north Africa and eary sucess has encouraged me.

What I don't understand is why there's no harbour in some of the main city's, eg: Taranto and Venice. I expect the Germans supplied there Afrika corp from Italy as well.