SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   Can your computer run Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=110260)

Drebbel 04-01-07 02:54 PM

Can your computer run Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific?

Can your computer run Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific?

Find out now and click the button below !

http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/rnt/rnw/...lue_nohead.jpg

elite_hunter_sh3 04-01-07 03:01 PM

yess cuz im running it rite now as we speak.. alt -tab :up:

Drebbel 04-01-07 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elite_hunter_sh3
yess cuz im running it rite now as we speak.. alt -tab :up:

My PC can run it, but real sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow. But I expected that cause my system is under spec. Guess I need to ask dad for some additional cash :D

Von Hinten 04-01-07 03:10 PM

My PC can obviously run it (no surprise there) but my laptop seems to be missing some very much needed video memory and shader version (again, no surprise). A bit of a shame though, cause SHIV is the kind of game one could easily play while stretched on the couch ... :smug:

SurfnSea 04-01-07 03:28 PM

As I havn't bought SH4 yet I was curious and tried the test. My computer failed, no surprise. However, anyone trying this test needs to read the results carefully. This computer failed in two areas according to the test. Cpu I knew, I have 700 something and will upgrade to 1.7 something. However, the video card failed, hmmm. The test said I failed but reading a little further down the screen I see that 128 mb is minimum and it said I have 256! And, so it seems in reality I am above minimum. Maybe UBI needs to have a patch for this test, but only after they continue working on SH4 of course.

badaboom 04-01-07 03:33 PM

Von Hinten,I couldn't agree more!!SHIII & IV are great to play where you can have some mobility and playing while doing something else like reading a book or enjoying a ballgame,then when the action starts you can turn your full atention to the high seas!!!:D SHIII runs great on my laptop with all the bells and whistles,SHIV has to be turned down to min.but it's still playable.My video card failed the test[ATI xpress 200]everything else passed.Is it possible to update/change a laptop video card?

DaMaGe007 04-01-07 04:24 PM

Meh...It says my operating system fails :(

joea 04-01-07 04:58 PM

Meh mixed, can't run barely. :dead: Well will probably get it anyway to run later.

Sailor Steve 04-01-07 05:03 PM

No. Mine's in a storage facility. It won't run anything right now.

After I have it back and upgraded, it should be okay.

Deep Six 04-01-07 05:10 PM

Well my rig was BUILT for this game....plus Oblivion And it rips them to shreds.....

Will not be upgrading for awhile.....although on the test it looked like my OP system just made it past the mark....Windows XP Pro SP2...Weird I guess this game will run much better on Vista once DX10 is availiable as it is backward compat with DX9 games...But I hear Vista is still very buggy and SP1 is just around the corner. Plus there are issues with administrator rights with Vista over on the Oblivion forums when using mod enablers...

Is anyone running Vista with SH4...and how does it go....???

Deep Six

macky 04-01-07 05:13 PM

can never run those programs because it just never loads the addon i need:x

bigboywooly 04-01-07 05:19 PM

What does it mean when it laughs at you

:rotfl: :rotfl:

:down: New grafix for minimun run
Just about everything for recommended

Meh didnt want to move to PTO anyway till GWX there

:rotfl:

GSpector 04-01-07 05:54 PM

Well, My system fail too but only because of my Graphics card but everything else passed with flying colors :D

Just for kicks, I thought I'd try to install it anyway and it actually ran fine on low settings. I even get the transparent water :up: . Plays a little to slow on medium setting.

As for my Graphics Card, it's none other then the GeForce 5700 LE with 256mb.

System Specs:
Amd Athlon 64 4000+ (2.4 Ghz)
CPU Speed
Minimum: 2 GHz
You Have: 2.45 GHz Performance Rated at 4.00 GHz

1 GB DDR 400 RAM (soon to be 2 GB)
GeForce 5700 LE with 256mb
Kingwin Water Cooler System attached to CPU & GPU

Just waiting to win a bid on eBay for a new Graphics Card. Hoping to get a GeForce 7600 or 7800 cheap :roll:

viper771 04-01-07 06:04 PM

cool link

I forgot about that online prog! Thanks for the link. The only thing that didn't pass the min requirement was the vid card, which is a ATI Mobility Radeon 9600/9700 series.. but it does have 128 MB of ram. I also found out my laptop has 2 processors LOL (its a 3 yr old alienware laptop).. and I didn't know that. If I can run the game at min for now until I get a new desktop I will be happy. Maybe I can update my vid card drivers while I am at it. I wonder if I can put in a new vid card in my laptop, add more ram (I have 1 gig now).. I have a pent 4 3.20 Ghz processor.

I am still not sure if I want to go with Vista or stick with XP on my new rig... I know vista is going to be the future but its kind of unstable right now for games.. hummm:hmm:

cappy70 04-01-07 08:00 PM

I got Ok on both Min - Max.:D