SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [TEC] SH5.exe patches to fix bugs and add functionality (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=181433)

THE_MASK 03-17-11 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith (Post 1621781)
Wish it was that easy but the EULA doesn't allow this.

It was directed at a dev that will read this , in my frustration at not being able to find the line , then not knowing how to change it :damn:

7thSeal 03-17-11 07:26 PM

sober, if you've found it using CFF just click on the '5' and change it to 4 so that its 74.

Then save overriding the original after you've made a backup of it. :)

Obelix 03-17-11 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith (Post 1621641)
It's the challenge part that drives me. I am the type of person that continuously has to be challenged. I seek things that make me think, are complex to solve, and/or supposedly have no 'fix'. I find great enjoyment from disassembling/decoding whatever it is to figure out how it works and then figuring out ways to exploit it and make it do things/behaviors it wasn't designed to do (or was totally overlooked by the engineer who designed it). The military taught me well and gave me great skills (I also taught myself much from reading books) :yeah:

I would like to shake your hand!:up: In recent years, education policy is that all of us disaccustoms think, but the vast majority of people do not read books. I should very difficult to force their children to think, look and make their own decisions.
I always respected self-taught without purchased diplomas.:salute:

TheDarkWraith 03-17-11 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelix (Post 1621801)
I would like to shake your hand!:up: In recent years, education policy is that all of us disaccustoms think, but the vast majority of people do not read books. I should very difficult to force their children to think, look and make their own decisions.
I always respected self-taught without purchased diplomas.:salute:

I am also one that is proud to say I have NO degree. I have never set foot in ANY college :D Yes, you can be successful without a degree :up: All I have is my military training and everything that I taught myself.
It is quite sad Obelix that education is pushing towards 'automation' and not teaching how to rationalize/problem solve/think. It's very prevalent here in the US and is going to be the downfall of this great country. School kids are REQUIRED to have a $200 calculator that does graphing in my community. These kids have no idea how to do long division let alone graph a quadratic equation. They do know how to type it into the calculator and get the result though :nope:

Capt. Shark Bait 03-17-11 08:03 PM

seems this won't work for me. got a launcher.exe needs to close after changing the 75 to 74. reinstalled and still unable to run SH5 with 75 or 75
any ideas? thx

TheDarkWraith 03-17-11 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt. Shark Bait (Post 1621818)
seems this won't work for me. got a launcher.exe needs to close after changing the 75 to 74. reinstalled and still unable to run SH5 with 75 or 75
any ideas? thx

you must have changed the wrong address. Restore your backup and try again :yep: See above a couple of posts for a screenshot showing the address.

Obelix 03-17-11 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith (Post 1621811)
... School kids are REQUIRED to have a $200 calculator that does graphing in my community. These kids have no idea how to do long division let alone graph a quadratic equation. They do know how to type it into the calculator and get the result though :nope:

Unfortunately, this practice is widely implemented in Russia, designed ostensibly to improve education.:nope:
But stop, we escaped from the topic, it's time to stop. :timeout: Must speak of this in another topic.

Capt. Shark Bait 03-17-11 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith (Post 1621822)
you must have changed the wrong address. Restore your backup and try again :yep: See above a couple of posts for a screenshot showing the address.

tried it again and it seems to work. dunno about the hydrophones yet

TheBeast 03-17-11 09:04 PM

I tried this using the XVI32 HEX Editor and could not located bit to change.
I fired up CFF Explorer and found the bit and changed it successfully.

Sonar is now working as TDW describes.:rock:

sirbum69 03-17-11 09:28 PM

For anyone having problems finding the string...You have to click on Find and then change it so it Finds "Looks" for the string in the first post but as a "Decimal" not a "Hex". For some reason it doesnt realize what it is unless it thinks its a decimal.

THE_MASK 03-17-11 09:57 PM

I realised i had the contacts commented out for the real navigation mod .
;820=Unknown
;821=Warship
;822=Merchant
;823=Submarine
;824=Aircraft
825=Land
How does uncommenting these affect real navigation ?

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8016/contactqj.jpg

My hydrophone man Benno the tool seems to be doing his job properly now .

TheDarkWraith 03-17-11 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sober (Post 1621876)
I realised i had the contacts commented out for the real navigation mod .
;820=Unknown
;821=Warship
;822=Merchant
;823=Submarine
;824=Aircraft
825=Land
How does uncommenting these affect real navigation ?

well you could be mousing over one of the maps and get accidentally shown one of the strings above. But don't worry - the next patch will address this as I just found out where the game reads these strings to show in the hydrophone box. What I'm going to do is make new strings at a different location than the above and point the game to read those so that they can be shown in the hydrophone box and not in the nav maps :rock:

EDIT:

DO NOT UNCOMMENT THOSE! You will add some unwanted functionality into real navigation. Apply patch v0.0.2 to remedy this problem.

TheDarkWraith 03-17-11 11:35 PM

patch v0.0.2 available at post #1 :|\\

stoianm 03-18-11 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith (Post 1621914)
patch v0.0.2 available at post #1 :|\\

You are saying that patches are not cumulative:hmmm: i can not make the both patches in one shoot in sh5.exe and to aplie one single patch? if i aplie patch 2 after patch 1 than i will not overwritte the patch1?

tnx

Zedi 03-18-11 02:17 AM

Lemme get this straight. We are not breaking the frakin DRM here, but a frakin' bug that Ubi did not bothered to patch/solve it!

So I say, frak Ubi and their lame EULA, release the moded exe.. they can kiss our bottom, damn thief's.