SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [TEC] SH5.exe patches to fix bugs and add functionality (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=181433)

Tord Hoppe 03-14-13 01:59 AM

Thanks Fifi, that solved it. Since I pointed the patcher to the main SHV folder I shouldn't enable it as a mod. Now I just need to get the settings correct. I'm not sure about number 7, it says something about making the tool stand out but not what tool? All tools have two entries which is one for when you draw it and another for when you draw another mark. Some of the tool marks change colour again when I deactivate the map tool altogether. A bit of trial and error to look forward to. :)

TheDarkWraith 03-14-13 03:17 PM

v1.0.76.0 released. See post #1

starting with v1.0.76.0 added new patches to the SH5.exe that will disable the Orbit Listener and disable intro movies. There is also a new patch for the SH_NClient.dll that will disable the Orbit Listener completely. By enabling all patches related to Orbit Listener the game will no longer synch save games, no more CTDs because it couldn't reach the client, and the game will not quit because of any problems with Orbit Listener. It should also stop the annoying please wait while saving at the worst times (should no longer save anything during the game).

I've cracked so much of this exe now it's not even funny :D I was looking for something else and stumbled upon this so I made new patch files for it :salute:

NOTE: this does not disable the copy protection in the game (Orbit Listener). Uplay browser will still start. This just stops the game from reporting to the server every so often thus preventing slowdowns and possible CTDs.

:|\\

volodya61 03-14-13 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith (Post 2025419)

Thank you :yeah:

THE_MASK 03-14-13 03:24 PM

Fantastic ,thankyou .

lynx 03-14-13 03:34 PM

ˇBravo! thank you.:salute:

gap 03-14-13 03:44 PM

well done! Thank you :yeah:

keysersoze 03-14-13 04:14 PM

Thank you! you rock TDW :rock:

Fifi 03-14-13 04:22 PM

That's really cool! :rock:

Targor Avelany 03-14-13 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith (Post 2025419)

starting with v1.0.76.0 added new patches to the SH5.exe that will disable the Orbit Listener and disable intro movies. There is also a new patch for the SH_NClient.dll that will disable the Orbit Listener completely. By enabling all patches related to Orbit Listener the game will no longer synch save games, no more CTDs because it couldn't reach the client, and the game will not quit because of any problems with Orbit Listener. It should also stop the annoying please wait while saving at the worst times (should no longer save anything during the game).

I've cracked so much of this exe now it's not even funny :D I was looking for something else and stumbled upon this so I made new patch files for it :salute:

NOTE: this does not disable the copy protection in the game (Orbit Listener). Uplay browser will still start. This just stops the game from reporting to the server every so often thus preventing slowdowns and possible CTDs.

:|\\

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!

YAY!!! I have so much happy emotions right now, that I probably will be running crazy at work right now!!!!!!! :yeah: :rock::rock:

This is an awesome thing, bud. It also will mean that I can test my changes in game so much faster!!!!!!!! :sunny:

gap 03-14-13 04:38 PM

@ Fifi & Targor

your comments are totally ou of place here... :nope:

...this is the "thank you" thread, please stick to the rules :O:

Targor Avelany 03-14-13 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2025499)
@ Fifi & Targor

your comments are totally ou of place here... :nope:

...this is the "thank you" thread, please stick to the rules :O:

oh, sorry. Corrected :O:

gap 03-14-13 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Targor Avelany (Post 2025510)
oh, sorry. Corrected :O:

:rotfl2:

Fifi 03-14-13 06:19 PM

I changed for new patcher (desabing all options with old one before) and now each time i activate your Orbit Listener things, game crashes at the end of loading mission.
I tried with all my saved missions, even the bunker save, same crash...
So i deactivate the Orbit things, and i'm able to access game only in my last bunker save :doh:

So i guess it's not working correctely with my Uplay (btw offlined with its tools), or maybe i had to restart brand new career?

Anyway, i restarted last mission as i can't do other way with new patcher :haha: and i completely deleted old one from PC.
I never ran the debug utility, so i can't tell what's happening :oops:

THE_MASK 03-14-13 06:32 PM

Using the latest patcher v1.0.76.0
Enabled with the jsgme , copied the EXE,sim,collision and SH_NClient.dll to the folder and patched those then enabled with the mod enabler .
Loaded the latest save which is mid patrol , save number 120 .
Everything loads and i can continue with my patrol .

Fifi 03-14-13 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sober (Post 2025571)
Using the latest patcher v1.0.76.0
Enabled with the jsgme , copied the EXE,sim,collision and SH_NClient.dll to the folder and patched those then enabled with the mod enabler .
Loaded the latest save which is mid patrol , save number 120 .
Everything loads and i can continue with my patrol .

Hey, wait...i think i didn't copy the SH_NClient.dll inside the patcher! :hmmm:
Have to try again! :D