SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=244)
-   -   Patrol Log 0000-00-00 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=238351)

THEBERBSTER 08-22-18 08:47 AM

Hi S
The_Wolves_of_Steel (TwoS) F.A.Q.'s and Gameplay Tips > PDF Instructions
Peter

XenonSurf 08-22-18 10:05 AM

In TWoS, prior of reaching a campaign end you will get red messages giving you exact instructions on what to do. Just be sure NOT to dock anywhere and use TC, eventually you will see a first window with war results and then the main campaign selection window. From here you continue a new campaign.

Hjalfnar 08-22-18 11:57 PM

I ALWAYS save anew. So far no problems, and I am playing with savegame synchronization via Uplay. Something I noticed though: Depending on how old or new and stable your PC is, it might crash during save loading if you don't use LAA or 4GB RAM Patch. Both do the same, though LAA works better with older programs (for example SH3 and SH4).

Fifi 08-25-18 05:20 AM

About the patrol log 0000-00-00 problem, it seems it is related to destroyed marks that doesn’t show on loading saves.

On my last saved reload, my last destroyed ship mark didn’t show up...and looking at the capt log, i had the 0000-00-00 for the date.
I exited game, corrected the date in my document/SH5/last save/captain log, and back after reloading this save the destroyed mark showed up again!

So to make sure the destroyed mark are showing up correctly, each time after i sink a ship i verify the capt log date. If i get the 0000-00-00, i save and exit to correct the date in my documents/SH5, and reload the last save corrected.

ÉDIT: nope, called to fast. Destroyed marks are still showing up when they want ...

Nicolas 10-27-18 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2566379)
About the patrol log 0000-00-00 problem, it seems it is related to destroyed marks that doesn’t show on loading saves.

On my last saved reload, my last destroyed ship mark didn’t show up...and looking at the capt log, i had the 0000-00-00 for the date.
I exited game, corrected the date in my document/SH5/last save/captain log, and back after reloading this save the destroyed mark showed up again!

So to make sure the destroyed mark are showing up correctly, each time after i sink a ship i verify the capt log date. If i get the 0000-00-00, i save and exit to correct the date in my documents/SH5, and reload the last save corrected.

ÉDIT: nope, called to fast. Destroyed marks are still showing up when they want ...

I was worried 000-00-00 things could be a problem it seems not (i have them on almost all sunk ship).
This game is too glitchy! :timeout: glitches everywhere.

vdr1981 10-27-18 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicolas (Post 2574466)
I was worried 000-00-00 things could be a problem it seems not (i have them on almost all sunk ship).

That's quite "normal" and it has no effect on normal gameplay, and this has been said 1000 times...

Quote:

This game is too glitchy! :timeout: glitches everywhere.
Where exactly? Just don't say to me that you have installed one or two additional non-TWoS mods to "ease" on your FPS?

Nicolas 10-27-18 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2574470)
That's quite "normal" and it has no effect on normal gameplay, and this has been said 1000 times...

Where exactly? Just don't say to me that you have installed one or two additional non-TWoS mods to "ease" on your FPS?

No i have not installed anything.
I had one ctd only today after sinking a ship reloaded and finished that patrol. Still worth a month in some days of ctd of other games like sh3 or 4.
But the menus... my god i'm sort of 'perfectionist' when it comes to using something that works, i like it working like a clock and the menus and GUI behaves 'not correct' order bar, sometimes you need to click 2 times, 2 messages repeating themselves when some officer is doing something, use tc and some orders don't complete you need to tc down, i enter the uzo and get a short graphical glitch. etc..
I can play like this.. i only wish it was better...

Thanks again for your efforts.

vdr1981 10-27-18 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicolas (Post 2574478)
No i have not installed anything.
I had one ctd only today after sinking a ship reloaded and finished that patrol. Still worth a month in some days of ctd of other games like sh3 or 4.
But the menus... my god i'm sort of 'perfectionist' when it comes to using something that works, i like it working like a clock and the menus and GUI behaves 'not correct' order bar, sometimes you need to click 2 times, 2 messages repeating themselves when some officer is doing something, use tc and some orders don't complete you need to tc down, i enter the uzo and get a short graphical glitch. etc..
I can play like this.. i only wish it was better...

Thanks again for your efforts.

That CTD clearly indicates that something is wrong with your installation because such problems are eliminated from TWoS long time ago...:yep:
As for the 2nd part of your post, I'm afraid that the only solution would be to play stock or create your own modlist from available mods. :)
Cheers! :salute:

Nicolas 10-27-18 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2574470)

Speaking of messing things up, i realized that i did not start the game without your mod, i'm screwed? all seems to work more or less for now. Only one ctd like i said. Because in the installer it said: To test the game runs properly and i had faith the vanilla it will work ok. The message didn't tell that is critical for twos to function correctly...

Nicolas 10-27-18 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2574482)
That CTD clearly indicates that something is wrong with your installation because such problems are eliminated from TWoS long time ago...:yep:
As for the 2nd part of your post, I'm afraid that the only solution would be to play stock or create your own modlist from available mods. :)
Cheers! :salute:

Well i don't think i can do a better mod pack... But still it bugs me.

vdr1981 10-27-18 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicolas (Post 2574483)
Speaking of messing things up, i realized that i did not start the game without your mod, i'm screwed? all seems to work more or less for now. Only one ctd like i said. Because in the installer it said: To test the game runs properly and i had faith the vanilla it will work ok. The message didn't tell that is critical for twos to function correctly...

Did you saved and reload your gamesave when you appeared in the bunker for the first time?

Nicolas 10-27-18 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2574485)
Did you saved and reload your gamesave when you appeared in the bunker for the first time?

Yes i did read that somewhere, and also almost all of the documents.

vdr1981 10-27-18 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicolas (Post 2574486)
Yes i did read that somewhere, and also almost all of the documents.

And for that CTD, can you describe it in a bit more details?

Nicolas 10-27-18 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2574487)
And for that CTD, can you describe it in a bit more details?

I spotted 2 ships and sunk 1 with 1 torp, then i surfaced and deck gunned the other till it sank, i got the 'sunk message' etc and immediately ctd 'sh5 stopped working'

i was near loch eye? no, well i don't remember the name north of there and already sunk some ships in the vicinity, i was in the mission northern approaches in year 40'.

I have the increment flooding in zones optional if its worth mentioning.

vdr1981 10-27-18 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicolas (Post 2574488)
I spotted 2 ships and sunk 1 with 1 torp, then i surfaced and deck gunned the other till it sank, i got the 'sunk message' etc and immediately ctd 'sh5 stopped working'

i was near loch eye? no, well i don't remember the name north of there and already sunk some ships in the vicinity, i was in the mission northern approaches in year 40'.

I have the increment flooding in zones optional if its worth mentioning.

Hm, can't say anything for sure. Haven't had similar problem for quite a long time. I would suggest you clean game re-installation and fresh campaign, just to be on a safe side...:hmmm: