SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mission Designers' Forum (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=222)
-   -   "34 great new missions" mod has issues (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=154251)

Webster 07-28-09 12:15 PM

"34 great new missions" mod has issues

this mod that i released has issues because i made a mistake and didnt fully understand some of these missions needed converting for v1.5.

i created this thread to announce a 34 mission mod using a bunch of missions i thought were all made by tambor198 but as it turned out some werent his and quite a few didnt work with v1.5 because they were v1.4 missions. this mod turned out to be a mess so im sorry if anyone had problems with it. :oops:

please do yourself a favor and just delete anything you have from the 34 mission pack that i had released earlier.

you can find new completely tested versions of these missions here:

tambor198's single missions for TMO+RSRDC mods

tambor198's single missions pack for stock v1.5

FIREWALL 07-28-09 12:21 PM

To you WEBSTER and Tambor198 :salute::salute::salute:

Rockin Robbins 08-07-09 04:35 PM

I understand that Webster made all these JSGME ready and hasn't posted them that way yet.:03: Hop to it, man!:up:

Webster 08-08-09 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins (Post 1146938)
I understand that Webster made all these JSGME ready and hasn't posted them that way yet.:03: Hop to it, man!:up:

i was tied up and abused by half naked coeds so it took me a while to escape them :D

this mod was updated to be jsgme ready as of 3:30pm 8/8/09

i also posted this mod on my filefront page for any non subsim members who might need it

Rockin Robbins 08-09-09 03:12 PM

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/a...bsup_weird.gif

Seaman_Hornsby 08-10-09 08:32 PM

Nice pack. :up:

I'm goin' down 08-10-09 10:09 PM

Palau Gautlet

The Palau Gaunlet is a pain in the butt. It is really tough. After being sunk in the harbor by the gunboat on several occasions, I bravely took it on with my deck and anti aircraft guns, and sunk it. I continued on to hunt the Yamoto and each time I tried to leave the harbor the mission crashed. Do others have this problem? Can the mission be fixed? ff someone has a good copy of the mission, post a link so I can download it.

I'm goin' down 08-10-09 10:14 PM

Wester!

Half naked coeds? I suggest waiting until they are totally naked. Then, don't leave. Stick around for awhile.:D

Webster 08-11-09 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I'm goin' down (Post 1148656)
The Palau Gaunlet is a pain in the butt. It is really tough. After being sunk in the harbor by the gunboat on several occasions, I bravely took it on with my deck and anti aircraft guns, and sunk it. I continued on to hunt the Yamoto and each time I tried to leave the harbor the mission crashed. Do others have this problem? Can the mission be fixed? ff someone has a good copy of the mission, post a link so I can download it.

it may be a real problem but i'll need more info to test it so i can help you:

what is the actual mission number and name?
what are the exact circumstances when it gets the ctd?
did you just sink a ship or something?
could it be a ship registered as sunk when it ctd?
was the ctd caused just by crossing a specific point?

I'm goin' down 08-11-09 12:15 PM

Palau Gauntlet

SM12 Palau Gauntlet. I have another SM12 Battle of Subiyan Straight. Could that be the problem? It crashes at different times, usually after I sink the patrol boat. One time I think it did not crash but I was far behind the mission schedule and the Yamato had sailded away, so I failed the mission. That is all I can tell you.

The mission calls for you to enter a shallow bay, sink or get past a gun boat, proceed through the bay past shore batteries, and enter the ocean to support a cruiser (which will be sunk if you do not arrive in time to assist it in the attack) fending off the Yamoto and another Jap ship. It is a very imangitive mission, and not easy to accomplish even if it does not crash.

Lt commander lare 08-11-09 01:11 PM

im getting a ctd when i sink the one enemy carrier in planes to rabaul mission as well

lt commander lare

donut 08-11-09 01:26 PM

Trying this out

Sounds :sunny:interesting

Lt commander lare 08-11-09 01:31 PM

the ctd occurs when i sink the second enemy carrier not the first and i sank the other carrier and 3 destroyers but if sink the last carrier there is a ctd

lt commander lare

I'm goin' down 08-11-09 01:42 PM

sound interesting

I am interested, Captain donut, in what "Sounds interesting"?

If you are talking about the Palau Gauntlet, it is. If you can sink the gunboat with a torpedo, you are a better shot than I am. I like raking the gunboat with my anti aircraft gun when it is close. More action and I do not have to wait as long for it to reload as the I do when employing the deck gun. I just have to stop the mission from crashing.

Lt commander lare 08-11-09 04:01 PM

i was wondering is there a fix in the works for the various ctd in the different missions

lt commander lare