SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   [REL] KillerSub - Bring the Hell back to Earth! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=115333)

GakunGak 05-27-07 12:59 PM

If they like 100% realism, why they come to this thread anyway...
Wicked...:hmm:

Beery 05-27-07 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GakunGak

For the same reason the anti-realism folks come to realism threads.

Actually I'm more inclined to think that the original post was meant to be a joke.

GakunGak 05-27-07 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beery
Quote:

Actually I'm more inclined to think that the original post was meant to be a joke.

Still, This is anti-realism mod, DON'T download it is kinda selfish, IMHO.
I don't want any conflicts, it's just let everybody have their own "fetish"..:know:

Beery 05-27-07 01:39 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Still, This is anti-realism mod, DON'T download it is kinda selfish, IMHO.
I don't want any conflicts, it's just let everybody have their own "fetish"..:know:

The funny thing is, I'm a big time realism fan and I make the Real Fleet Boat mod, but a couple of weeks ago I proposed making a mod that was 100% focused on humour. Some of the responses were amusing - some folks seem to think that wanting to make two mods with completely different focuses makes me a hypocrite. They accused me of not really being committed to realism, saying that my desire to make a fun mod meant that my realism mod was not 'serious'. Ridiculous! The fact that I love realism doesn't mean that I can't also like fun or pure fantasy. Some people are just incredibly narrow-minded.

GakunGak 05-27-07 01:43 PM

And those mods open new opportunities such as Seaman Parker....:rock:
No word from Comsublant on him yet?:hmm:

MaxT.dk 05-27-07 02:35 PM

Quote:

Quote:

It wasn't. I can assure you of that :roll: Just have a look at that guy's posts (and what he posts, and how often he does it) and you'll get the picture :yep:

BladeVampireSlayer 05-28-07 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lagger123987
This is an ANTI-REALSIM mod! Don't download it!

DUH, NO 5HIT SHERLOCK! :damn: HENCE THE NAME "KILLERSUB"!!!!

GakunGak 05-28-07 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BladeVampireSlayer
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lagger123987
This is an ANTI-REALSIM mod! Don't download it!

DUH, NO 5HIT SHERLOCK! :damn: HENCE THE NAME "KILLERSUB"!!!!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

CaptainHaplo 05-28-07 08:18 AM

Beery - do any mod you want! After playing RFB (and thanks again BTW for it) - I would give your work a try based solely on the quality of previous work.

As for realism - sometimes I load Super Guns just to go and load a mission to see something go boom. I am a WW2 history buff, and a stickler for realism in many ways - but I realize that realism doesn't equate to fun for everyone. After all - I remember the folks that did a patrol in SH3 at 1x all in the name of realism. More powe to them, but to me that ruins the FUN - and FUN is why I play. Its why I made released the 2 mods as well, because while I wont be using them, others may enjoy them. Thats what Mods are about - to make the game BETTER - and BETTER depends on the definition of the person. Its why KS is a good mod - not because it is or is not realisitic - its because people enjoy it. That is the definition of a good mod - and why good ones can be of either "flavor".

GakunGak 05-28-07 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainHaplo
Beery - do any mod you want! After playing RFB (and thanks again BTW for it) - I would give your work a try based solely on the quality of previous work.

As for realism - sometimes I load Super Guns just to go and load a mission to see something go boom. I am a WW2 history buff, and a stickler for realism in many ways - but I realize that realism doesn't equate to fun for everyone. After all - I remember the folks that did a patrol in SH3 at 1x all in the name of realism. More powe to them, but to me that ruins the FUN - and FUN is why I play. Its why I made released the 2 mods as well, because while I wont be using them, others may enjoy them. Thats what Mods are about - to make the game BETTER - and BETTER depends on the definition of the person. Its why KS is a good mod - not because it is or is not realisitic - its because people enjoy it. That is the definition of a good mod - and why good ones can be of either "flavor".

What mods do you have?:hmm:
Short description what they do, please?

CaptainHaplo 05-28-07 08:33 AM

Gakun - released em last evening. Details are at http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=115565

I wont go into detail - this thread is for KS and the modder put hard work into it. I respect that.

GakunGak 05-28-07 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainHaplo
Gakun - released em last evening. Details are at http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=115565

I wont go into detail - this thread is for KS and the modder put hard work into it. I respect that.

THANK YOU, MAN, DOWNLOADING NOW!!!!!!!:rock: :rock: :rock:
Any future projects, like for the rest of the subs?:up:

Captain Deckwash 05-28-07 01:18 PM

HELP!

Say TDK I can't get the mod to work ???? I wonder if it has installed correctly should the load menu look like this please?

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/7485/modzl2.png :huh:

MaxT.dk 05-28-07 03:22 PM

Don't drag DATA folder in your MOD folder, but drag KillerSub_0.1 there instead :) That'll work :) (remember to deactivate the Data "mod" first" ;))

Have fun

GakunGak 05-28-07 03:42 PM

Still with the activation mods?
Ha, I just drag them in SH4 DATA folder and simply replace them all....:rock: