SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   [REL] RadioLog_Expanded (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=127239)

danurve 12-18-07 04:00 PM

[REL] RadioLog_Expanded

RadioLog_Expanded Updated (RL_E Updated) has been Released as of 4.26.08
This is a corrective release adding a few thousand new messages.
Please see http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...8&postcount=57
or
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...=127239&page=3 and further for details.

Thank you.

How about an early Christmas present?

RadioLog_Expanded contains 8,380 radio messages for Silent Hunter III.
(yes, eight thousand, three hundred eighty)
It is a text Mod that replaces - add's radio messages to the messages_en.txt file.
I have worked and tested this mod on stock, GWX, NYGM, & War Ace for compatability.

RadioLog_Expanded is a JSGME ready install.

This mod supercedes radiolog_final_2006 as it is a continuation of that work. Should go without saying it includes all those messages plus a few thousand more.
By year Expanded contains:

`39 548
`40 1682
`41 2190
`42 1702
`43 1058
`44 1000
`45 197

Expanded already has the messages found in GWX*, NYGM, & War Ace messages_en.txt file. (1.7 megs uncompressed) Expanded adds a rich immersion to the game. The messages are from translated logs / sources believed to be true and accurate to date. Messages checked for duplicates, timer corrections, etc. There has been so much over a few years added to the game I as well as others have enjoyed. I'd like to think of this as my way of giving something back. Merry Christmas, happy holidays, all that jazz.

* Please see documentation for details and credits.

Very well then. I present to the SH3 community; RadioLog_Expanded. Enjoy!!

danurve 12-18-07 04:17 PM

And I'm spent.

Aside from any correction release I do think to be done with this series.
Took a long damn time to finish up, alot of PIA repetition. Although I am glad to have finally gotten to this day and release the work.
Hope that those interested in adding depth and immersion to the game enjoys the Mod.
I am thinking to relax and enjoy the holidays and play the game myself, not just test stuff.

To the hunt!:arrgh!:

nikbear 12-18-07 04:26 PM

Congratulations on this fine piece of work,can't wait to use it:rock: :rock: :rock: can I install mid mission or do I have to wait till I'm back at base:hmm:

Samwolf 12-18-07 04:32 PM

Got it! Thanks for all the tedious, eyestraining work this had to take.

CapZap1970 12-18-07 05:18 PM

Thank you very much, danurve!!!! :up:
I will d/l it righ tnow and enable it right before my next patrol.
CapZap

SilverGhost 12-18-07 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikbear
Congratulations on this fine piece of work,can't wait to use it:rock: :rock: :rock: can I install mid mission or do I have to wait till I'm back at base:hmm:

No, you can enable it mid mission. It's fabulous...but I did have to send "Sparks" to his bunk for awhile as the sheer volume of incoming traffic was too much and disrupted the card game.

Sailor Steve 12-18-07 06:12 PM

I always loved IrishRed's original, and was sad that it never got finished. Thanks for your hard work in completing this project. Now go sleep for a week.

And then be prepared for the complaints:
"I get kicked down to 1x every five seconds!"
"Half the messages don't make any sense!"
"Is that convoy really there, or is it just 'ear candy'?"
:rotfl:

Turm 12-18-07 06:16 PM

Excellent, this is one I'll be using for sure! :smug: Many thanks indeed! Great timing too, before I embark on a new career in GWX 2.0. Congratulations on a lot of work well done! It'll certainly add to the immersion and liven up the long stretches of each patrol. Let's see how long it takes before the morse code signal drives me mad ;)

The only 'issue' with a mod like this - when in base between missions I'm going to miss out on a lot of news that I might have heard (in reality) whilst in port, so I might have to resort to reading the file in Notepad between patrols. Very authentic, I know :yep:

Hmm, now there's a potential nice addition to SH3 Commander - a summary of missed radio messages to cover the time it calculates for you to stay in port.

Von Manteuffel 12-18-07 06:27 PM

Danurve, this is immense! A tremendous piece of work! Thank you and enjoy a well-earned break.

ReallyDedPoet 12-18-07 06:29 PM

Nice work on this danurve :yep::up:

RDP

Mush Martin 12-18-07 06:34 PM

Nice :up::up: well done Danurve.

danurve 12-18-07 07:25 PM

Glad to see the interest.
nicbear; SilverGhost is correct you can enable it mid-mission as I've done that countless times testing, n/p. But I still can't recomend that. The better percentage of Expanded's timer settings are 3hr's durration @ 100% but not manditory. Others have longer settings and are transmitted like it or not. Since this is a text mod I highly doubt that would ever be a problem for the game engine if you enabled it 1/2 way down a timer run. Hope that explains that.
Sailor Steve; Your welcome and some sleep would be good, but you know there's always one more patrol.....
Quote:

"I get kicked down to 1x every five seconds!"
"Half the messages don't make any sense!"
Commander is your friend. :yep:
Read it again. :hmm:
Quote:

"Is that convoy really there, or is it just 'ear candy'?"
Should be, or was that agent report realy working for the Brittish? :huh:

Thanx for the comments again, enjoy!

Panama Red 12-18-07 09:15 PM

Thank you

JCWolf 12-18-07 10:10 PM

Just sent you a PM mate,

have a doubt !

Fine job here bro !

Looked at the file with the notepad and...:o

This must hurt building a thing like this !:lol:

danurve 12-18-07 10:54 PM

JCWolf; Pm responded :up:

Just to help clarify a question for GWX users, RadioLog_Expanded is completly compatable with GWX 2.0.
A few days before this release I was granted permission to include what radio messages GWX 2.0 has that Expanded would not have already included. And they blend into the mod very nicely! :up:
And that's better for anyone looking to enjoy this Mod. A thank you goes out to the GWX team for that. And also another thanks to IrishRed for the original work. I think with those two ingredients and the 'Expanded' part the "M" key might hold a few surprises. :|\\