SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Wolfpack (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=277)
-   -   Dedicated forum for this game (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=226306)

Onkel Neal 05-31-16 12:33 PM

Dedicated forum for this game

Howdy, this is a message explaining that we decided to open an HMS Marulken forum where you can create new threads with questions about the game, where each thread is about a particular topic (instead of piling a lot of topics into one thread).

Will it have dynamic missions? Yes it will.
Will it have wolfpacks, where each sub has a four man crew? Yes it will.
Is there a playable demo? Yes there is, it is stable and has a lot of features so you can get a feel for the game.

I just finished 2 hours with the devs and Leo_93, manning the different stations. We successfully located an enemy ship, plotted an intercept, and by god--sank it! :rock: Yes, yes, oh yes! :rock:Sinking a ship was never as gratifying as this.:sunny:

So, this game is a jewel waiting for subsimmers to pick it up. I happily assume the role of evangelist, it' always fun being in the first wave of something new and cool.

Subsim multiplayer at last. :D

Give their game a shot, I think you'll love it.:shucks:

And you can support these guys and help them make this game great.

raymond6751 06-01-16 11:54 AM

Looks good...I'm in.

Thanks, Neal, for spotting this one and tracking them down. I've made my donation and will be looking at the demo today.

This is what I always thought would be fun, teams of guys/gals, running the same boat. Communications will now be vital, as in real life, to get success or even survive.

Folks, gather up your Kroners and help the devs keep this alive!
:up::yeah::salute::rock:

Onkel Neal 06-01-16 12:20 PM

Thank Raymond :salute:

I'll be your Chief any day.

GSpector 06-01-16 12:47 PM

Will this sim also include a Single-Player mode, allowing AI to control the other 3 positions or allow you to give orders to the other positions and have AI carry them out?

Benti 06-01-16 03:25 PM

I just got your mail neal, thanks for your sharp eyes.

Unfortunately I dont have too much time at my hands at the moment, but I'll try the demo before the kickstarter runs out and will then decide if I'll back this.

cheers :)

Usurpator 06-01-16 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GSpector (Post 2408648)
Will this sim also include a Single-Player mode, allowing AI to control the other 3 positions or allow you to give orders to the other positions and have AI carry them out?

It is currently possible to play the game in single player, but it is quite hard since you have to run between the stations. We are thinking about adding AI to make this easier, but it all depends on how much time we have to develop the game. We are not adding this functionality to the first demo.

KilerWhale13 06-01-16 06:15 PM

Finally something worth looking into...

Got the mail today about this new sim and wanted to go see what all the fuss was about. So I went to the kickstarter, got the demo, and wham! Loved it! I felt kind of lonely inside, but I still enjoyed it a lot. However, I have to say that getting to the amount of 200000 kr is going to take time given that 5000 kr are roughly 603$. I really hope this game gets some attention and it gets made, for its main achievement is the co-op gameplay.

TopcatWA 06-01-16 06:32 PM

Hi Neal,

Thanks for the heads up on this new subsim game.
Will give the demo a go & as others have asked will this be able to be played in a single person mode?:rock:

Onkel Neal 06-01-16 11:20 PM

Topcat, the way this game is designed, it can be played by one man, but it would not be easy, since you would need to run back and forth to the stations, there is no AI crew to assist you. I could see playing it with two people, but it would be much better with four.

Aktungbby 06-02-16 12:45 AM

Welcome aboard!

KilerWhale13!:Kaleun_Salute:

boertjie 06-02-16 03:41 AM

This game would be awesome with Oculus Rift.

Screwbottle 06-02-16 04:07 AM

Thanks Onkel

Tried to reply to your email, but it bounced, delivery failure, indicating the message was blocked.

Without sounding negative or a stick in the mud, let's hope they don't end up like Danger from the Deep, another promising wartime sub sim with good graphics and functionality, ending up in dead water since 2011, excuse the pun.

I'll definitely keep my eye on this one.

Andrew

Regn752 06-02-16 06:48 AM

I wonder why they chose to do a swedish sub instead of a uboat?

A uboat might attract more attention imo.

Onkel Neal 06-02-16 06:49 AM

Hi Andrew, can you try and resend that message? Email to subsim@subsim.com should not be blocked for anyone. Thanks!

Usurpator 06-02-16 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boertjie (Post 2408812)
This game would be awesome with Oculus Rift.

We think so as well :) VR-support is actually in out stretch goals.