SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=244)
-   -   Operation Drumbeat? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=168845)

Krauter 05-01-10 07:52 PM

Operation Drumbeat?

How do i gain access to this? I got all but the last 2 stars inthe Western Approaches Campaign so I thought I'd be able to gain access to theAmerican East Coast..

Norway and the Artic Convoys really sucks so if Anyone can Point me in the right direction :yeah:

IDK399 08-01-10 07:18 AM

I'm a few months late, but just completed all the stars of the "western approaches". Its September 41.

Q: Whats the start date for Operation Drumbeat (in game). or did I miss a trigger somewhere.

Tried ending patrols and skipping 2 weeks at a time, the 18th came and went, till December 28, no new missions, no Drumbeat.

Zedi 08-02-10 02:37 AM

I also lost op. DB just because of the most annoying mission in the game, Winston's special from the WA campaign. There is a mod that lets you select different campaign, but it's pretty buggy.. in whole op DB got an arctic timezone, in Florida I saw the sun only for 30 min.

Maybe the best option is to play with the Lite campaign mod, that filters out these stupid requirements from the campaigns.

IDK399 08-02-10 03:30 AM

:damn:... Already cut down the requirements (Lite Campaign 1.2) + a few other selected mods. I was lucky enough to come across this site and others long before I got this game. This is my first sim ever for me, never knew that SH1-4 even existed. So even after reading about most negatives of SH5.... I still wanted it badly.

"HappyCunic" on another thread helped with Winston's Special, by camping at Cape Town.

Q: Since all missions of Western Approaches have a deadline of Dec 1st, I assumed that date would be the trigger, or am I wrong?

All the requirements except the "Cruiser Sweepers" is done. All the crosses are filled (top left), so I assume its a total victory, but I'm still running around on the 28th dec

IDK399 08-02-10 06:40 AM

Done it... All missions must be complete. Even though all the crosses were full, I still hadn't finished "Cruiser Sweepers". The moment I sank the second Cruiser it trigger the campaign select screen.

Now.... I have to figure out which to risk my sanity on, "Arctic convoys" or "Drum Beat".

Zedi 08-02-10 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IDK399 (Post 1457990)
"HappyCunic" on another thread helped with Winston's Special, by camping at Cape Town.

I did that and I got 3 from 4. The epic stupidity in this mission is to patrol a line starting from GB down to SA. If Donitz would be that mad to order me such a mission, I would tend to piracy and leave the war in God's hand. I'm on the waters to help the war, not to play mouse &cat.

IDK399 08-02-10 06:56 AM

Its a shame this game got released in this state. I wonder if the devs even played it through at any level. I feel like ranting on... but all have been said before. The mods helped greatly. I had all my mods selected and ready months before I actually got hold of the game... that says a lot.

Faamecanic 08-02-10 10:11 AM

And THIS is the reason why I say SH5 does NOT have a dynamic campaign.

I wonder how many Uboat captains that were actually deployed to Operation Drumbeat sank (5 AMC ships and a Carrier, and a battleship and.......). :nope: :nope: :nope: :shifty: :damn:

IDK399 08-02-10 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faamecanic (Post 1458171)
And THIS is the reason why I say SH5 does NOT have a dynamic campaign.

I wonder how many Uboat captains that were actually deployed to Operation Drumbeat sank (5 AMC ships and a Carrier, and a battleship and.......). :nope: :nope: :nope: :shifty: :damn:

In one outing....:har:

It feels like the game was done by a committee in a board room, where everyone got his way... but the total sum wasn't that great.