SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   Silent Hunter 4 patch v1.3: Where? When? What? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=114690)

Skybird 05-16-07 06:05 AM

I'm a little bit surprised to see such a relatively "tough" :) going for the developer taking place here, since usually there is plenty of forgiveness for navy-game's flaws and issues displayed. But okay, of course I support this, if for no other than principal reasons. I have stayed away from SH4 so far, but silently watched the forum, and took note of the feedback. If the game stays like this, I intend to stay away from SH4 for much, much time longer.Good luck, I really wish you success with this petition, Neal.

Brassusdk 05-16-07 06:05 AM

My vote for 1.3! :up:

capt_frank 05-16-07 06:06 AM

I'm in.

rich57 05-16-07 06:09 AM

Give Neal a Medal

Give Neal a Medal
I for one have been a "reader" of subsim.com for years and have played with complete enjoyment SH2+SH3.Firstly ,my respect to UBI devs and modders out there.It was not till SH4 that I felt I had to post ....the game is stunning and with a few bugs fixed,playable. Keep up the good work....please.
"my main erk is the inability to see out the war and finish with a crew full of medals"...oh well
There are many other companies also releasing unfinished products.... games I have bought and not played again after too many ctds or bugs galore; Imperial Glory/The Guild 2 come to mind,a waste of money ,SH4 is not a waste of money but to be honest it is on the shelf till I read here that it has been patched.

CaptainCox 05-16-07 06:14 AM

100% support for a 1.3 NOW! common guys, you can do it!

solex 05-16-07 06:19 AM

Yarr!

It needs to be patched!

Bilge_Rat 05-16-07 06:20 AM

Go Neal Go!

The more patches the better. :up:

danlisa 05-16-07 06:25 AM

I have not purchased SH4 yet and I won't until this community can convince me to, at the moment I get a mixed feelings about this game.

A 1.3 Patch and more may be required to make this title a keeper.:up:

Signed.:D

If you (UBI) are not inclined to finish the game then let the talented modders around the world finish it for you. SDK please!:up:

CaptainCox 05-16-07 06:26 AM

Oh yea, an SDK would be schweeeeet indeed!

donath 05-16-07 06:26 AM

Agreed

SH4 does the United States Navy a dis-service.

Cobber 05-16-07 06:28 AM

I have not read all the posts on this thread but I heartily agree with Neals comments.

I have greatly enjoyed all incarnations of Silent Hunter but feel that the latest, although great in "eye candy", is the most incomplete version to date. There is nothing worse than paying good money for a game/sim to find it so blatantly in need of patches in order to deliver a playable format that represents reality. If I wanted to play arcade type action I'd play Enigma: Rising Tide.

There is nothing more infuriating than to spend the best part of $100 AUD ($75 US) on incomplete software. I would have prefered to wait another 6 months to get a finished, quality product. Ubisoft get your act together and deliver a finished product to be proud of, we know you are better than this.

Chock 05-16-07 06:29 AM

I've gone out on a limb several times to defend UBISOFT and the developers in threads on subsim whenever a critical review has appeared; stating that the review should take into account the probability that a further patch would most likely sort things out.

So don't disappoint me UBI, I've stuck up for you, now stick up for all your customers and give SH4 that final polishing it so desperately needs! You have all the research and testing info necessary available to you by simply looking on the subsim forums.

Signed, Chock - buyer of every single Silent Hunter game from the start, including all the Commander stuff

joea 05-16-07 06:34 AM

Please, I bought the game knowing my computer would not run it with faith it would be fully patched and modded by the time I get my new computer! I showed my faith please don't let me and all of us down!!

perisher 05-16-07 06:34 AM

1.3 is essential to keep customer confidence in this series of games. You have a reputation for producing the best sub sims, please try and live up to it.

fredbass 05-16-07 06:51 AM

1.2 is not good enough, UBI.

Signed