SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   DW Mission Designers' Forum (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=191)
-   -   Cripple the Nevada (RA mod required) (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=224204)

Cybermat47 02-06-16 07:39 PM

Cripple the Nevada (RA mod required)

Download link: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=4881

http://images.akamai.steamuserconten...69FA21DF46AF8/

======================
TO: K-123

SUBJ: ATLANTIC OPERATIONS

1. SITUATION
A. THE K.G.B. HAS REPORTED THAT DUE TO THE DETORIORATING DIPLOMATIC SITUATION BETWEEN THE WARSAW PACT AND N.A.T.O., THE U.S.A. IS PLANNING A NUCLEAR STRIKE.
B. AS A RESULT, ALL RED BANNER SUBMARINES ENTERED THE ATLANTIC.
C. THE U.S.N. HAS REPORTEDLY JUST HOURS AGO ORDERED THE OHIO-CLASS BALLISTIC MISSILE SUBMARINE U.S.S. NEVADA TO FIRE HIS MISSILES AGAINST THE USSR.
D. A REPORT FROM B-515 INDICATES THAT THE U.S.S. NEVADA IS IN FACT HEADING TOWARDS THE USSR ON A HEADING OF APPROX. 35 DEGREES AT A SPEED OF APPROX. 8 KNOTS.
E. HE SHOULD BE WITHIN 20 NMI OF 30-24 N / 050-51 W AT 0900 HOURS.
F. THE KREMLIN WISHES TO AVOID ALL OUT WAR, SO THEY HAVE ORDERED THE NEVADA TO BE DISABLED RATHER THAN DESTROYED.

2. OBJECTIVE
A. INTERCEPT AND CRIPPLE U.S.S. NEVADA SO THAT HE CANNOT FIRE HIS MISSILES.

3. EXECUTION
A. LOCATE U.S.S NEVADA AND FIRE 1 TORPEDO TO CRIPPLE HIM.
B. YOUR OBJECTIVE TAKES PRECEDENCE OVER ALL OTHER CONSIDERATIONS, SAFETY OF YOUR BOAT AND CREW INCLUDED.
C. B-515 IS OUT OF FUEL AND WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ASSIST.

4. COMMAND AND CONTROL
A. ALL REPORTS TO COMMANDER RED BANNER NORTHERN FLEET.
B. COPY THE SUBMARINE BROADCAST AT LEAST EVERY TWELVE HOURS.
BT

Cybermat47 02-13-16 06:40 PM

Updated with revised weather and text.

Cybermat47 02-14-16 12:39 AM

Update: Replaced inaccurate B-260 Kilo-class submarine with B-515 Tango-class.

FPSchazly 02-17-16 07:06 PM

Can't wait to check this out! :D

Pirate 02-18-16 06:07 AM

Thanks, will check it out!

Cybermat47 02-18-16 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FPSchazly (Post 2382270)
Can't wait to check this out! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pirate (Post 2382297)
Thanks, will check it out!

Hope you guys enjoy it, feel free to give feedback and constructive criticism :)

Nippelspanner 09-13-16 07:37 PM

Gonna give that a try!

Nippelspanner 09-13-16 09:15 PM

For those who haven't played this one yet: Can recommend, quick 'n dirty fun! :yep:

My review, spoilers ahead (duh):

Alright, first time in an Alfa, not sure what to expect and not sure how to handle it - or Russian weapons.
I figure sinking that puny Ohio can't be that hard in one of the Soviet Unions most sophisticated hunter-killer submarines,
controlled by officers only, no scrubs aboard allowed!

So why waste time? Having SUBROCS, there's not much Mr. ADCAP can do with his laughable ~20nm range while I can run away at crazy 43knots (wth Russia!? :o)

So why not... go active, experiment a little?
"Give me a ping Vasiliy... one ping only, please!"

And there he is indeed... "ha...haha...hahahaha!" *pulls out cuban cigar*
http://i.imgur.com/ZFOI2ho.jpg

"Well then, let's send him a single SUBROC over and call it a day - that Order of Lenin won't pin itself onto my chest!" *lights up the fat lady*

"Comrade, uh, 'WEPS', flood and pressurize tube 3 and set firing solution for Sierra 01!"

"Yesta Kapitan!"
The smoke of the glorious Kapitans cigar spreads out in the command central.

"Now, launch tube 3!"

"Launching tube 3, yesta Kapitan!"

The Alfa's bow rumbles while the weapon of superior technology leaves the tube...

"Ah, listen to that music, comrades, the rumble of victory, the sound of bringing glory to the Rodin-"
One daring comrade interrupts his Kapitan...

"The weapon system has failed, Kapitan!"

"Wait, what now!? What do you mean, failed?"

"Kapitan, I strongly advise... not to fire mighty missile while at 300m depth, comrade Kapitan..."
Multiple crew members clear their throats discretely...

"Uh, y...yes, of course you idiot! See, you failed! I wanted to see if anyone notices this! Now, I have to do everything myself on this boat, do I? Make my depth 50 meters, dawai!"

"50 meters, yesta Kapitan!"

The boat approaches its new depth while another report interrupts one of the comrade Kapitan's glorious monol... speeches.

"Kapitan, Torpedo in the water, bearing 320!"
"No problem, we will drop counter-measures and simply outrun it before it ever reaches us!"
As expected, the inferior capitalist torpedo reached the Alfa's old position way too late and only found the cleverly placed counter-measures.
Superior tactics, once again.

"Now, Vasiliy, where is the American submarine? We will re-engage!"

"Kapitan, contact to Ohio-class submarine was lost while evading the torpedo..."

"Cyka blyat! Then find it again! Nothing on the passive sonar!?"

"No, comrade Kapitan!"

"How... I'm not sure why but it doesn't matter - ping it again!"
And so he did...yet nothing could be found. The capitalist boat seems to have disappeared.

"Kapitan, no active contacts!"

"What is this nonsense? I immediately deman-"
The rapid pinging of a torpedo can be heard.

"KAPITAN, TORPEDO IN THE WATER, 270, VERY CLOSE!"
Vasiliy turns towards his Kapitan.
"You arrogant arse, you killed us!"

The Kapitan's face freezes... and the Alfa did never return home.

So, instead of running away, the Ohio actually closed distance while I was evading his counter-attack and while I was expecting him somewhere far way, he was very, very close (~1nm) to my port side, outflanking and killing me. That, was great!

I had great fun not knowing what I'm doing! :rock:

banryu79 09-14-16 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nippelspanner (Post 2434164)
For those who haven't played this one yet: Can recommend, quick 'n dirty fun! :yep:

My review, spoilers ahead (duh):

Alright, first time in an Alfa, not sure what to expect and not sure how to handle it - or Russian weapons.
I figure sinking that puny Ohio can't be that hard in one of the Soviet Unions most sophisticated hunter-killer submarines,
controlled by officers only, no scrubs aboard allowed!

So why waste time? Having SUBROCS, there's not much Mr. ADCAP can do with his laughable ~20nm range while I can run away at crazy 43knots (wth Russia!? :o)

So why not... go active, experiment a little?
"Give me a ping Vasiliy... one ping only, please!"

And there he is indeed... "ha...haha...hahahaha!" *pulls out cuban cigar*
http://i.imgur.com/ZFOI2ho.jpg

"Well then, let's send him a single SUBROC over and call it a day - that Order of Lenin won't pin itself onto my chest!" *lights up the fat lady*

"Comrade, uh, 'WEPS', flood and pressurize tube 3 and set firing solution for Sierra 01!"

"Yesta Kapitan!"
The smoke of the glorious Kapitans cigar spreads out in the command central.

"Now, launch tube 3!"

"Launching tube 3, yesta Kapitan!"

The Alfa's bow rumbles while the weapon of superior technology leaves the tube...

"Ah, listen to that music, comrades, the rumble of victory, the sound of bringing glory to the Rodin-"
One daring comrade interrupts his Kapitan...

"The weapon system has failed, Kapitan!"

"Wait, what now!? What do you mean, failed?"

"Kapitan, I strongly advise... not to fire mighty missile while at 300m depth, comrade Kapitan..."
Multiple crew members clear their throats discretely...

"Uh, y...yes, of course you idiot! See, you failed! I wanted to see if anyone notices this! Now, I have to do everything myself on this boat, do I? Make my depth 50 meters, dawai!"

"50 meters, yesta Kapitan!"

The boat approaches its new depth while another report interrupts one of the comrade Kapitan's glorious monol... speeches.

"Kapitan, Torpedo in the water, bearing 320!"
"No problem, we will drop counter-measures and simply outrun it before it ever reaches us!"
As expected, the inferior capitalist torpedo reached the Alfa's old position way too late and only found the cleverly placed counter-measures.
Superior tactics, once again.

"Now, Vasiliy, where is the American submarine? We will re-engage!"

"Kapitan, contact to Ohio-class submarine was lost while evading the torpedo..."

"Cyka blyat! Then find it again! Nothing on the passive sonar!?"

"No, comrade Kapitan!"

"How... I'm not sure why but it doesn't matter - ping it again!"
And so he did...yet nothing could be found. The capitalist boat seems to have disappeared.

"Kapitan, no active contacts!"

"What is this nonsense? I immediately deman-"
The rapid pinging of a torpedo can be heard.

"KAPITAN, TORPEDO IN THE WATER, 270, VERY CLOSE!"
Vasiliy turns towards his Kapitan.
"You arrogant arse, you killed us!"

The Kapitan's face freezes... and the Alfa did never return home.

So, instead of running away, the Ohio actually closed distance while I was evading his counter-attack and while I was expecting him somewhere far way, he was very, very close (~1nm) to my port side, outflanking and killing me. That, was great!

I had great fun not knowing what I'm doing! :rock:

Beautiful, comrade Kapitan, looks like the amerikans have learned how to mitigate the disavantage of their inferior capitalists weaponry technology with superior communist tactics! They run towards you not away! Thank you for collecting this intelligence, the Rodina is pleased... Now, let's send out another Alpha... :D

Italian Captain 10-10-16 03:16 AM

I've played this mission few days ago...
It was funny but...just me and my enemy in the water? I found anything else that the other sub...
I did something wrong or this mission is created in this way?

:hmmm: