SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=244)
-   -   Ubisoft announces Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=155001)

FIREWALL 08-17-09 01:29 PM

I think the screenshots give the real flavor of the game.

The Trailer is just that. A movie to give you an idea of the suspense and good marketing.

I think it's going to be a Winner. :up:

Spring 2010 will tell the whole story.:yep:

Munchausen 08-17-09 01:30 PM

:cool: I'll buy it ... and do a major computer upgrade ... if Ubi doesn't rush development to make a Christmas deadline and, in doing so, drops a few of the options shown in the trailer and/or leaves modders to fix the bugs.

Sonarman 08-17-09 01:30 PM

Interesting also to see that they state the series has collectively sold over 1.5 million copies!

FIREWALL 08-17-09 01:33 PM

Would some of you show the Courtesy of reading some of the prior posts before , Just jumping to the POST REPLY.

Already there's been some errors posted.

Syxx_Killer 08-17-09 01:35 PM

The trailer looked interesting. Maybe I missed it, but are they using a new graphics engine with SHV? I thought it looked a lot like SHIV's. Either way, I do like the ability to walk the length of the boat. I hope my computer will be able to run it. I didn't see anything there about wolfpacks, though... :arrgh!::rotfl:

BulSoldier 08-17-09 01:39 PM

I have played sh4 for a very short time but to me it looked a bit enchanted sh4 graphic engine aswell. And you are right, noone mentioned wolfpacks , lets hope they have just forgot to announce them...:yep:

TigerShark808 08-17-09 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailor Steve (Post 1152533)

So quit worrying about trivial things and start gearing up for some real complaints!:rotfl:

For real! Someone always got to be complaining about something! :yep:

FIREWALL 08-17-09 01:42 PM

I'm saddened they didn't include an option to switch roles and play surface ships as an adversary.

fireship4 08-17-09 01:42 PM

The ridiculously hollywoodish voiceover detracted highly from the video, but I certainly look forward to it, and am impressed to some extent with how it is looking. The explosion of the ship though at least was not comprised of solely ingame effects as far as I could tell, as well as some other more obvious (and therefore less misleading) bits.

FIREWALL 08-17-09 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FIREWALL (Post 1152552)
I'm saddened they didn't include an option to switch roles and play surface ships as an adversary.

Hhmm:hmmm: A possible future Add-on ? :woot:

Farside 08-17-09 01:47 PM

*blows dust off of profile*

ooohh yea baby!

cant wait for this to come out.. one new 3d card here i come!

*EDIT*

Ok, watched the trailer.. hmm i agree some german voices with subtitles would have been more.. atmospheric for the trailer. Gameplay looks good, i think though that one or two of the shots could have been pulled straight from SH4.

I agree the people need to have an option. Personally i used is to enhance my german!
Kleine fahrt feraus! please excuse my terrible spelling.

Kapt Z 08-17-09 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BulSoldier (Post 1152548)
I have played sh4 for a very short time but to me it looked a bit enchanted sh4 graphic engine aswell. And you are right, noone mentioned wolfpacks , lets hope they have just forgot to announce them...:yep:

Come on wolfpacks........

please, please, please......:06:

keltos01 08-17-09 01:48 PM

Looks really nice !!

I hope we wil be able to mod this game like SH4... but we'll need a Skwasjer 2 then !!!

The models don't look too different from SH4 though..

And our IJN campaign is still coming !

keltos

Jimbuna 08-17-09 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pisces (Post 1152525)
First wrong move made allready. For crying out loud,... ATLEAST use german ACCENTS!!! This trailer is like watching U-571. :damn:

I'm curious about the dynamic campaign though. And I hope they mean with "Improved environment graphics" that the horizon is rendered realistically. Not with more pixels/textures/whatever.

Early days mate......there is a lot more to come......believe me http://www.psionguild.org/forums/ima...ies/pirate.gif

dcb 08-17-09 01:50 PM

According to IGN.com, release date is Q1 2010.
http://pc.ign.com/objects/026/026623.html

And according to Ubisoft tradition, each game in the SH installment hit the shelves in March. So, I'd guess it's set for release in March 2010.

More from IGN:

General Features
  • Walk through highly detailed submarines in the new first-person view and access every part of your U-boat
  • Interact with your crew, watch them perform their daily jobs and experience the tension and fear inside the U-boat through the new advanced order system
  • Choose your own strategy and select your targets with a new objective-driven, dynamic campaign
  • Open new locations, upgrades and resupply possibilities, while the Allied ships adjust dynamically to your approach. Your actions will directly impact the evolution of the campaign
  • Prowl the waters with user interface. Every beginner can successfully command a sub while remaining free of confusion. In expert mode, experienced players will be provided all the necessary information and controls to command the sub completely on their own
  • Operate authentic, highly detailed U-boats and fight against surface ships.
Now, this looks like some really interesting feature:
Your actions will directly impact the evolution of the campaign

Still no word about wolfpacks:hmmm: