SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [WIP] The SH5 EcoMod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=239310)

Jeff-Groves 12-29-18 05:46 PM

what texture are you using and how many mip maps?

gap 12-29-18 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves (Post 2583833)
what texture are you using and how many mip maps?

diffuse map: DX5 dds format, 1024 x 1024 pixels, 11 mip levels, with self-illumination map in the alpha channel.
ambient occlusion and normal maps: DX1 dds format, 1024 x 1024 pixels, 11 mip levels each.

PS: congratulations for your recently earned and well deserved patch :)

Jeff-Groves 12-29-18 06:56 PM

Scene LOD for the iceburg is 6.027+ to 12.055+
Scene LOD for most terrain GR2's are higher. Maybe that is the problem.

I'll look into the GR2 and see if we can up the LOD range.

gap 12-29-18 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves (Post 2583846)
Scene LOD for the iceburg is 6.027+ to 12.055+
Scene LOD for most terrain GR2's are higher. Maybe that is the problem.

I'll look into the GR2 and see if we can up the LOD range.

Well, among bone's extended data editable through TDW's editor, there is a LODError whose settings (for iceberg models) are more or less in the range that you have just mentioned. I don't know if that's what you meant, but I already played with those settings, though without getting clear results. Maybe I should persist in that direction, and try copying LODError values from the land objects which seem to have the longest LOD distances in game :hmm2:

Seaowl 12-29-18 10:07 PM

Kaleun no more.
Now itīs time to leave the Kriegsmarine and join the career of a cruise ship captain.
Beautiful work!
:Kaleun_Applaud:

gap 12-30-18 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seaowl (Post 2583869)
Kaleun no more.
Now itīs time to leave the Kriegsmarine and join the career of a cruise ship captain.

:03:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seaowl (Post 2583869)
Beautiful work!
:Kaleun_Applaud:

Thank you Seaowl, if I manage fixing the LOD-related problems, it will be part of the next release :up:

Jeff-Groves 12-30-18 01:20 PM

Your inbox is full. :03:

gap 12-30-18 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves (Post 2583978)
Your inbox is full. :03:

Yep, I know. As usual. I made some space now :D

OldCoder 01-02-19 03:23 PM

Amazing work going on here. Thank you so much.

gap 01-02-19 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldCoder (Post 2584458)
Amazing work going on here. Thank you so much.

Thank you OldCoder. Christmas/New Year celebrations and some unexpected problems with terrain object's LOD distances, have slowed down my work on it, but expect an update within the next few days :salute:

Muckenberg 01-03-19 07:33 AM

Hi
I look forward to the next update. The coast looks absolutely fantastic. And I have to admit I'm really looking forward to the Norwegian fjords. :Kaleun_Salute: :Kaleun_Applaud:

gap 01-04-19 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muckenberg (Post 2584538)
Hi
I look forward to the next update. The coast looks absolutely fantastic. And I have to admit I'm really looking forward to the Norwegian fjords. :Kaleun_Salute: :Kaleun_Applaud:

Thank you Muckenberg!

It will take a while before I start editing Norwegian fjords; I had planned to finish with Eurepean temperate terrain types first, but if you have direct experience of Norwegian vegetation and landscapes (see post #29 in this thread for the kind of information that I looking for), I might actually do an exception :03: :salute:

Muckenberg 01-07-19 01:06 PM

Hi Gap
Unfortunately, I'm from the Czech Republic, so I do not know the details of the Norwegian climate. Holt will have to wait for the fjords, but that does not mean I will not look forward. You do a great job and push SH5 a little higher.

iambecomelife 01-07-19 07:49 PM

Just wanted to break in and say, excellent work!
The fields are so lush and yummy looking. It's the lack of stuff like this that turned me off SH5. Love how the sea stack has geological layers - reminds me of the hills in Pennsylvania.

gap 01-13-19 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muckenberg (Post 2585380)
Hi Gap
Unfortunately, I'm from the Czech Republic, so I do not know the details of the Norwegian climate. Holt will have to wait for the fjords, but that does not mean I will not look forward. You do a great job and push SH5 a little higher.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iambecomelife (Post 2585460)
Just wanted to break in and say, excellent work!
The fields are so lush and yummy looking. It's the lack of stuff like this that turned me off SH5. Love how the sea stack has geological layers - reminds me of the hills in Pennsylvania.

Thank you guys, I had no time to work on this mod in the last weeks, but I am planning an update within the next few days :salute: