SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter III (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   That !*@#< default screen (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=236934)

Greystone 03-17-18 12:21 AM

That !*@#< default screen

When surfaced and the lookouts spot a contact, a screen pops up requesting that the player choose one of three actions, with a choice to make one of them default. It's a pain & just gets in the way. Is there a way to stop it from appearing? (playing vanilla) Thanks.

schlechter pfennig 03-17-18 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greystone (Post 2545711)
When surfaced and the lookouts spot a contact, a screen pops up requesting that the player choose one of three actions, with a choice to make one of them default. It's a pain & just gets in the way. Is there a way to stop it from appearing? (playing vanilla) Thanks.

Decide which action you want as default, tick the default box and select OK. My suggestion is to tick "current action" as that enables you to decide what to do each and every time.

stork100 03-17-18 03:05 AM

Try this: Find the SH3 folder in My Documents and open data/cfg/GameplaySettings.cfg. Should find this:

[MiscSettings]
AlwaysAutotargeting=0,0,0,0,0;for warships, merchants, uboats, air and, respectively, land targets

The numbers might be different if you've selected any default actions before. Just change all the numbers to 1's, which I think is the option to maintain current orders, and the small screen shouldn't appear any more.

Not sure if this works as I've not tried it, but this is definetly the thing that controls that. Personally, I really like it. Gives me a thrill when it comes up after staring at my map view for over an hour of real time!

hauangua 03-17-18 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stork100 (Post 2545716)
Try this: Find the SH3 folder in My Documents and open data/cfg/GameplaySettings.cfg. Should find this:

[MiscSettings]
AlwaysAutotargeting=0,0,0,0,0;for warships, merchants, uboats, air and, respectively, land targets

The numbers might be different if you've selected any default actions before. Just change all the numbers to 1's, which I think is the option to maintain current orders, and the small screen shouldn't appear any more.

Not sure if this works as I've not tried it, but this is definetly the thing that controls that. Personally, I really like it. Gives me a thrill when it comes up after staring at my map view for over an hour of real time!

More easy and sure @schlechter pfennig solution
:salute:

Greystone 03-19-18 11:15 PM

I gave your suggestion a shot, stork100, and no screen has shown up with the last 4 or 5 air contacts. Looks like that's the solution.
Thanks for the help... :)
FWIW, I tried the method of choosing the current action and then defaulting it and exiting the screen but the screen continued to show up. Since it apparently works for others, it may be something in my hardware/software, whatever, that keeps it repeating in my case. But, as mentioned, stork100's solution did the trick.

stork100 03-20-18 12:15 AM

Nice. I'll have to try it myself sometime. :up: