SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL] Environmental MOD for Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=166178)

eon850aye 08-20-10 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stoppro (Post 1470260)
Installed 3.2 froze one hour out of lorient on 1tc reloaded tried again same thing. removed 3.2 I'm running going on 3hours now some things up with this mod .hope there is someway to fix it . I miss it when it's not there.

Same here.....:down:

Anyone got a copy of 3.1 they can upload?
In the meantime, I may have to try that Sh5EnvModGold I keep seeing Sober raving on about.

zack 08-20-10 08:26 AM

@w_clear,

one question,can you live with this ctd's or use you the game only for screenshots?
dont get me wrong,youre mod is great but unplayable.

you release updates with the same error in the ClimateZones.tga since 2 month.
maybe fix it in the next update? :-?

SteelViking 08-20-10 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zack (Post 1472526)
@w_clear,

one question,can you live with this ctd's or use you the game only for screenshots?
dont get me wrong,youre mod is great but unplayable.

you release updates with the same error in the ClimateZones.tga since 2 month.
maybe fix it in the next update? :-?

The problem is that me and W_clear are unable to get CTDs with this mod. We cannot reproduce the problem on our computers. That is why I always ask people where they are getting them, because I cannot find out myself. Most folks say it is related to TC while using this mod, but I routinely run at 2056TC and I don't get them.

snoopy1177 08-20-10 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelViking (Post 1472539)
The problem is that me and W_clear are unable to get CTDs with this mod. We cannot reproduce the problem on our computers. That is why I always ask people where they are getting them, because I cannot find out myself. Most folks say it is related to TC while using this mod, but I routinely run at 2056TC and I don't get them.

Maybe it is a graficcard problem, im using a ati 5770 and i have crashes.

zack 08-20-10 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snoopy1177 (Post 1472546)
Maybe it is a graficcard problem, im using a ati 5770 and i have crashes.

here works a nvidea 285gtx :hmmm:

eon850aye 08-20-10 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelViking (Post 1472539)

Here you go Viking.
I was already in port when I changed from 3.1 to 3.2, I rarely TC above 512, and always leave port @ 1 with me at the helm.
Since 3.2, I dont seem to be able to get any further than the area circled on map, at any TC(tried upto 2048), manually or
by waypoints, going between the mainland and the island or going around the island to the south, using all my mods or just yours.
Since my post #752, I removed 3.2, and have made it all the way to Londonderry and dropped off my spy, now heading out to mid Atlantic for a patrol.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u...etpasthere.jpg

Ragtag 08-20-10 09:52 AM

Dont think its gfx card related. I had a gtx285 with crashes. Now i've upgraded to gtx480 and it still crashes. It happens when leaving docks (clicking start mission), when using compression over 1024, interacting with crewmembers. Note that it's all random and not always happening.
If i remove the mod and keep the others i use there's no crashes.

ChainReaction 08-20-10 12:04 PM

I haven't had any crashes yet during a brief game (round an hour of play time) after I installed This.
First you enable the environmental mod in JGSME, and after you enable ClimateZone 2.0.

Maybe it's a different version than the one you're using? Anyways, it fixed the problem for me (atleast I think it did, don't have any time to test it anymore today)

By the way, the icy weather around the UK was because it's january :)

Greetings (and I hope this fixes the problem!)

Kromus 08-20-10 03:41 PM

I also think that it`s not GC related because when I`m using Ails climatezone.tga I didn`t have single crash.
Of course I lose some of those climate zones but at least I don`t crash at least expected time/moment...

Frantic8882 08-25-10 12:26 PM

I got CTDŽs ingame which stopped for several hours now after deleting my last mod called DBSM Speech 1.04..... That really should not be, as these files just donŽt touch the env. mod files. So I guess it might just be as simple as saying: the more mods you have, the more likely youŽll get CTDŽs. No matter what combination of mods youŽre using...:06::hmmm: (Wclear posted a similar statement a while back)

Has anyone tried to run the env. mod alone, w/o any other mods activated? Did it crash?

stoppro 08-25-10 12:47 PM

I ran it once with just tdw 's 270 and it did crash but that's as pure as i got.

Frantic8882 08-25-10 12:57 PM

Just installed Luftwaffe Radio. Flew out of game after 5 min. Will take out and try again.

Frantic8882 08-25-10 01:22 PM

No changes. crash right away when too close to land using too high TC. Will now update to 3.2. In case I get no changes will install Env. Gold (never tried before, probably cool also)) and reinstall DBSM Speech and Luftwaffe Radio. Funny, worked fine before DBSM Speech, took it out and now I get crashes every time anyways. Must say that this really cannot be.

W_clear 08-25-10 08:59 PM

Environmental 3.3 MOD for SH5_1.2

1. Adjustment ClimateZones.cfg and ClimateZones.tga,It makes you feel more different water.
NOTE:Hope that the players do not place the junction in ClimateZones more than 1024 times the compression of time.The problem is the question the game itself.

2. Adjusted the color of all the MEDIUM_CLOUD_DAY .

SteelViking 08-25-10 09:20 PM

:nope: That climateZones.tga is going to cause people a lot more CTDs than the latest one that I made. There are even some unreferenced colors in this new one. Also, this one reintroduces a problem that I had fixed in my last version: Two climate zones which are more than one step away from each other in climate are adjacent to one another. People will CTD with this at no TC, and will CTD a lot more when in TC.