SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Comments to SUBSIM Review (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=172)
-   -   deleting accounts (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=136276)

3Jane 05-04-08 08:11 PM

deleting accounts

How do you delete an a membership account from this place

ReallyDedPoet 05-04-08 08:36 PM

Hi 3Jane,

Just sent you a PM.

RDP

GoldenRivet 05-04-08 09:07 PM

not leaving us i hope

Ducimus 05-05-08 06:08 PM

Ive no idea. I begged Neal to delete my account in the past, or at least scramble my PW so i can't login anymore, and for awhile i thought he did. Obviously neither happened. :roll: This site is oddly addictive. :damn:

STEED 05-06-08 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3Jane

I don't believe you can from any forums. It's down to the owner or owners.

elanaiba 05-07-08 03:32 AM

Quote:

Your own or someone else's :D ?

Xantrokoles 06-29-08 05:17 PM

A wise moderator told me, that only Neal Stevens is able to delete accounts.

FIREWALL 06-29-08 05:25 PM

Is this an I'll show all of you thing ?

Or is there medical, mental or financial reasons ?

OR you just don't feckin like us anymore. :D

09-02-08 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STEED
Quote:

Some forums do have that feature enabled. I don't know why it's usually disabled. Maybe so they can brag about how many members they have.

Takeda Shingen 09-04-08 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraut
Quote:

Quote:

Some forums do have that feature enabled. I don't know why it's usually disabled. Maybe so they can brag about how many members they have.

Actually, it is to promote forum stability. Some people say that they are leaving every time they get angry, and usually regret the decision after they cool down. Would you would have afterward is a large number of people that quit and then rejoin, resulting in shifting nicknames and forum confusion.

09-08-08 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Takeda Shingen
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Actually, it is to promote forum stability. Some people say that they are leaving every time they get angry, and usually regret the decision after they cool down. Would you would have afterward is a large number of people that quit and then rejoin, resulting in shifting nicknames and forum confusion.

Well, I could just change my email, and my password to some random characters. My account will be disabled because I'll need to activate it through email, and I won't be able to log in or retrieve my password.

HunterICX 09-08-08 05:35 PM

Quote:

Well, I could just change my email, and my password to some random characters. My account will be disabled because I'll need to activate it through email, and I won't be able to log in or retrieve my password.

Yes, but decent members dont even come up with that idea, its mostly an act of drama and what takeda mentioned some regret afterwards.

just use the forum and it's User CP on a normal way.
nothing much to ask

HunterICX

09-08-08 05:54 PM

When I'm leaving a forum I have regrets about joining the forum in the first place. :lol:

HunterICX 09-08-08 06:04 PM

Quote:

When I'm leaving a forum I have regrets about joining the forum in the first place. :lol:

seeying you joined back in 2001 and you're still posting there isnt any regret I suppose ;)

HunterICX

Takeda Shingen 09-13-08 05:43 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Takeda Shingen
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Well, problem solved then. Why all the questions and implications?