SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   COLD WATERS (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=268)
-   -   Last SSBN Hunt Mission '84 Campaign - Beware! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=232409)

Destex 07-07-17 02:43 PM

Last SSBN Hunt Mission '84 Campaign - Beware!

Just to keep you guys from doing the same mistake I did in the last mission where I had to prevent missile launch by destroying an SSBN. On the strategic map, I looked for a submarine group in the Barents sea, and avoided the surface ship groups. However, it appears that the Delta 3 SSBN I had to take out was part of a surface group! So, when you get that mission, make sure to take that into account.

max-peck 07-07-17 03:16 PM

Good to know

I have never made it that far in the campaign, but my current save is doing pretty well

I will bear it in mind :salute:

Steiger 07-07-17 03:19 PM

You should be killing everything in sight!

Quote:

Be more aggressive!
- BdU

Destex 07-07-17 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steiger (Post 2498328)
You should be killing everything in sight!

Of course!
But when you just received orders to stop the SSBN right after the TLAM mission, where you had to clear a path for your Tomahawks, and that (and the mission before that which was also in the Barents) left you with only two torpedoes to take on the SSBN, you have to be picky :)

Steiger 07-07-17 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destex (Post 2498356)
Of course!
But when you just received orders to stop the SSBN right after the TLAM mission, where you had to clear a path for your Tomahawks, and that (and the mission before that which was also in the Barents) left you with only two torpedoes to take on the SSBN, you have to be picky :)

LMAO that's really unfair! BdU would say a true sub skipper would drive circles around the Soviet boomers until they shoot themselves with their own torpedoes! BE MORE AGGRESSIVE! :D

max-peck 07-07-17 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steiger (Post 2498359)
BE MORE AGGRESSIVE! :D

:D:D:D

Steiger 07-07-17 05:18 PM

My only goal in this game is to sit a fat Soviet sub on top of a Skipjack, and ballast down until the Skipjack crushes.

Destex 07-08-17 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steiger (Post 2498359)
LMAO that's really unfair! BdU would say a true sub skipper would drive circles around the Soviet boomers until they shoot themselves with their own torpedoes! BE MORE AGGRESSIVE! :D

hehe yeah I need to try that! From what I saw when using the MOSS, it's very possible. You shoot it into their fleet, they go nuts, shoot torpedoes at it ant they end up sinking their own.

ChaosphereIX 07-08-17 09:25 AM

The SSBN that goes under the ice cap is part of a sub squadron with Sierras, Victors, Alfas guarding it. Sometimes it is right up there at the top of the map. The SSBN that goes into the Barents Sea is part of a mixed fleet with heavy surface support as well as SSN/SS bodyguards. The Barents one also moves around a lot more I find with the 10 or so campaigns I have finished.

Destex 07-09-17 12:08 AM

Thanks, that's a good tip ChaosphereIX!

snowmaninurface 07-14-17 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destex (Post 2498311)
Just to keep you guys from doing the same mistake I did in the last mission where I had to prevent missile launch by destroying an SSBN. On the strategic map, I looked for a submarine group in the Barents sea, and avoided the surface ship groups. However, it appears that the Delta 3 SSBN I had to take out was part of a surface group! So, when you get that mission, make sure to take that into account.

Oh crap... no wonder why my last campaign ended in failure lol I avoided that surface force and was just concentrating on trying to find a sub force. Good tip!

asrosser 07-30-17 04:44 AM

Final Mission

I've just completed two campaigns.
In the first the SSBN's where part of a large surface fleet in the Barents sea.
In the second they where well outside the Barents, west of Spitzbergen near the pole; this group consisted of 2 x Alpha's, 2 x Victors, 2 x Delta's and a Tango.
Make sure you engage the SSBN's first or they'll just turn away and put the pedal to the metal and be gone.:doh:

Aktungbby 07-30-17 08:51 AM

welcome aboard!

asrosser!:Kaleun_Salute: