SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=244)
-   -   Lots of duds (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=213957)

Frosted 06-13-14 02:54 PM

Lots of duds

Just recently bought Silent Hunter 5 on steam. I did the first 2 mission (Poland and British east coast shore). I got an issue with torpedoes it seems.

8/10 are duds for some reason. I fire them at ship so they come at a 90 degree angle but they fail to explode. I followed few with the external camera and they hit the ship and I hear clang but no explosion :hmmm:. I gave my torpedo officer points in duds reduction but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Any tips on how to reduce the amount of duds because it's driving me :Kaleun_Mad:

World_Devastator 06-13-14 03:05 PM

Welcome to the start of the war, it happens alot. Some mods can tone it down so you will have less of you can turn off dud torpedo's, sometimes the frequency can be alitte exaggerated

Frosted 06-13-14 03:10 PM

Thank you for the quick response.

I thought that was the reason too but wasn't sure. At least now I know for sure that's the reason why. I guess I will keep using that deck at least until I get better torpedoes.

cheers.

Capt. Morgan 06-13-14 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by World_Devastator (Post 2216173)
...you can turn off dud torpedo's, sometimes the frequency can be alitte exaggerated

After 5 hrs. (real-time) sneaking into Scapa only to experience 9 out of 9 duds, I have come to the conclusion that this is one aspect of The Battle of The Atlantic I'd rather not simulate. Duds deactivated.

:salute:Oh, and Welcome Aboard Frosted:salute:

World_Devastator 06-13-14 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt. Morgan (Post 2216175)
After 5 hrs. (real-time) sneaking into Scapa only to experience 9 out of 9 duds, I have come to the conclusion that this is one aspect of The Battle of The Atlantic I'd rather not simulate. Duds deactivated.

Me also :up:, and welcome Frosted to SubSim!

TAS977 06-24-14 04:43 AM

In the options menu you can turn off the Dud torpedoes ...

would highly recommend this, after several hours of hunting, to find out that the sub is only equipped with dud torpedoes, it sucks ... :hmmm:

Defiance 06-24-14 05:40 AM

Or fire all off while still able to re-equip near port

This can lower the odds of having duds but you still keep it enabled ;)

:arrgh!:

Echolot 06-24-14 05:45 AM

Do you have the torpedo patches enabled in TDW Generic Patcher? Then you need to install the mod "All the torpedoes modified for torpedoes failure patches (GenericPatcher add-on)" also (in Generic Patcher MODS folder). Read the description/notes in Generic Patcher.