SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   GWX (Grey Wolves eXpansion Mod) (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=102096)

AtlantikEel 06-25-07 12:57 AM

[quote=jimbuna
1. Don't forget to close the hatch :lol: (probably a stock bug) :yep:

[/quote]

Yes, stock bug it is; this problem wasn't evident the next time I loaded the game ... but I was also using desk speakers this time instead of earphones, maybe that has something to do with it.

Jimbuna 06-25-07 10:49 AM

I wouldn't have thought so :nope: All you are actually doing is redirecting the output of the sound waves :yep:

AtlantikEel 06-25-07 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbuna
I wouldn't have thought so :nope: All you are actually doing is redirecting the output of the sound waves :yep:

I agree. If it happens again, whether earpones or speakers, I'll have to assume a stock bug.
I was just hopeful GWX could correct any stock bugs, but I guess there are limits to what modders can do.
One stock bug that does have a simple solution is the occasional psychedelic map effect in the control room .... simply right click on the officer at that station, then right click again and the weird colors disappear.
I wish all stock bugs could be solved so simply. :roll:

Kpt. Lehmann 06-27-07 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racerboy
Would anyone be interested in getting the damaged ship and air icons back for GWX? How about a single merchant contact mod like NYGM's for GWX? This would be like playing with 'No Map Contact Update' checked when it's not. I would need someone to host this for me when it's complete (almost done!). Who would like to help me test these out and provide feedback? Oh yeah, they're fully JSGME compatible. More info to come here soon.

Hi Racerboy, welcome to Subsim.

You would be better served, opening a new thread to promote your mod.:yep: We are sure you didn't intend to hijack.

On this thread we do what we can to explain elements of GWX as it is designed, and to assist with user issues and problem resolution for the same.

TheDarkWraith 06-27-07 11:18 PM

Will do. I deleted that post and will start a new thread for it. Thanks!

Kpt. Lehmann 06-29-07 02:49 PM

(Writing this from a wireless terminal at my PC store.)

Thanks to a ding-dong with twitchy fingers and a backhoe...

I'll be out of action for the weekend unless I can get my backup dialup going.:damn: :damn: :damn:

(If I can find the hardware.)

Jimbuna 06-29-07 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kpt. Lehmann

I'll be out of action for the weekend unless I can get my backup dialup going.:damn: :damn: :damn:

That sucks Kpt. :cry:
Get the basums IP addy and I'll get a suprise package sent :p

Kpt. Lehmann 06-30-07 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbuna
Quote:

That sucks Kpt. :cry:
Get the basums IP addy and I'll get a suprise package sent :p

Well, just for picks and grins I tried to log on... and it worked.
I guess they rerouted the cable service through other junctions somehow.
I hope it stays. Part of my city is under five feet of water now from constant rain over last two weeks.
Will do what I can while I'm here on a work weekend.

Jimbuna 06-30-07 01:56 PM

That's good news :up: ....I've noticed you on TS a couple of times but we appear to be like 'ships in the night' at present :hmm: :damn:

RaulTT 07-02-07 03:17 AM

My cat ate my GWX!!!:huh:

Seriously now, the other day I was playing and the cat jumped on the keyboard and my N52 nostromo. He must have hit a bunch of keys at once and caused the computer to go into a blue screen of death crash. After that I tried running the game and it seemed fine until I tried loading any mission after loading the game gets into a permanent pause. I can hit the pause button repeatedly and it advances like a frame by frame movie, but there is no way I can get it out of pause, either using the keyboard or clicking on the time compression factor on screen. Any clue what is going on? Should I just reinstall everything?

Jimbuna 07-02-07 06:02 AM

If you reboot and still get the same problem then IMO it is an install problem :yep:

If you decide to reinstall, try this method out :rock:

1.Uninstall SH3 via Windows' "Add/Remove programs"
2. Open Windows Explorer and:
- *delete* the folder where you had installed SH3
- *delete* the \My Documents\SH3 folder
3. Reinstall SH3
4. If your SH3 did not come with patch v1.4b already included, install patch v1.4b. Ensure you install the patch that corresponds to your copy of SH3 (Download/DVD/EMEA/US)
5. OPTIONAL: Copy and paste this "clean" install as a backup to avoid the need to follow steps 1-3 if your game becomes corrupt in future
6. Visit the GWX homepage and download into the SAME folder GWX.exe and the five .bin files. While there grab the v1.03 patch
7. Run GWX.exe and follow the installation prompts
8. Run GWX103.exe and follow the installation prompts
9. SH3 COMMANDER USERS: Visit the GWX homepage and download the GWX 1.02+ Cfg files for SH3 Commander and unzip the contents DIRECTLY into your SH3 Commander\Cfg folder.

danlisa 07-02-07 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaulTT
My cat ate my GWX!!!:huh:

That really sucks, however look on the bright side. It's usually 'GWX ate my cat'.;)
:rotfl:

Full reinstall will fix it.

SquareSteelBar 07-03-07 03:26 AM

Question

Hi all,

recently I noticed these four Turm9_1_hd files [dat, sim, val, zon] in the Objects folder [of GWX] and wondered which subs use these files? Couldn't find any entries in *.eqp files of type IX subs related to these files. Does somebody know about this?

Greeting,
SSB

Kpt. Lehmann 07-03-07 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SquareSteelBar
Hi all,

recently I noticed these four Turm9_1_hd files [dat, sim, val, zon] in the Objects folder [of GWX] and wondered which subs use these files? Couldn't find any entries in *.eqp files of type IX subs related to these files. Does somebody know about this?

Greeting,
SSB

Probably related to the milk-cow.

SquareSteelBar 07-03-07 03:48 AM

Quote:

Probably related to the milk-cow.

I checked this and --> no
They seem to be unnecessary http://img116.exs.cx/img116/934/z0tdntknw.gif

Note the missing letter next to 9 in Turm9_1_hd.*