SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL] Environmental MOD for Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=166178)

Abd_von_Mumit 09-11-10 12:34 PM

Thanks W_clear for your mod. I installed it yesterday and still discovering all the addition it brought. I'm disappointed with one feature though: my boat floats on the surface like a bubble again, jumping and dancing, and it sits too shalow in the water.

I've been using U-boat Historical Specifications mod by ddrgn which is excellent and fixes many boat behaviour issues, "bubble" one included. Is there any chance you could incorporate this mod into yours or just use some of its solutions, or just make them compatible somehow?

vickers03 09-11-10 12:46 PM

Quote:

I've been using U-boat Historical Specifications mod by ddrgn which is excellent and fixes many boat behaviour issues, "bubble" one included. Is there any chance you could incorporate this mod into yours or just use some of its solutions, or just make them compatible somehow?
i think it should work if you install the uboat specs mod last:hmmm:

DavyJonesFootlocker 09-11-10 12:50 PM

Although this mod is good I had too many problems with it and went with Environment Gold. Hoping the issue can be ironed out soon.

Abd_von_Mumit 09-11-10 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vickers03 (Post 1490816)
i think it should work if you install the uboat specs mod last:hmmm:

Yes, but then I would most probably lose many good feature of "Environmental", and don't want to (would be wrong to lose them before I even learn what they all are). :DL

vickers03 09-11-10 01:23 PM

Quote:

Yes, but then I would most probably lose many good feature of "Environmental", and don't want to (would be wrong to lose them before I even learn what they all are). :DL
i checked the files, you won't lose anything.

Abd_von_Mumit 09-11-10 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vickers03 (Post 1490855)
i checked the files, you won't lose anything.

Thanks a lot. Will try this then. :salute:

But if so... how come so many files are being overwritten if they have nothing important in them? :hmmm:

vickers03 09-11-10 01:38 PM

w_clear has many files in his mod which have
nothing to do with the environment, i think he
should separate this.

Sudo 09-11-10 07:11 PM

I think WClear did some work as far as how the sub floats also, but I prefer UHS. I delete the entire Submarine folder from WClear's mod and UHS doesn't conflict at all then. :yeah:

Abd_von_Mumit 09-11-10 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sudo (Post 1491070)
I think WClear did some work as far as how the sub floats also, but I prefer UHS. I delete the entire Submarine folder from WClear's mod and UHS doesn't conflict at all then. :yeah:

I just installed UHS (U-Boot Historical Specifications) on top of Env. and it works. I got both candies in the same time. :88)

My environment has now much more... horror in it.

Thank you for your help gentlemen. :salute:

vince0018 09-14-10 05:31 PM

So have the crashes been fixed yet in 3.7? Or should I still delete the climatezones file.

Also for those experiencing the dark black glitchy clouds around certain harbors, try deleting the particles.dat file located at ENVIRONMENT3.7MOD/data/library/
If that doesn't work also try deleting anything else that relates to particles such as clouds or fog. I'm not sure the exact file that causes this, I believe it's the particles.dat but haven't done full testing to be sure.

W_clear 09-14-10 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vince0018 (Post 1493258)
So have the crashes been fixed yet in 3.7? Or should I still delete the climatezones file.

Also for those experiencing the dark black glitchy clouds around certain harbors, try deleting the particles.dat file located at ENVIRONMENT3.7MOD/data/library/
If that doesn't work also try deleting anything else that relates to particles such as clouds or fog. I'm not sure the exact file that causes this, I believe it's the particles.dat but haven't done full testing to be sure.

yes

W_clear 09-14-10 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vickers03 (Post 1490866)
w_clear has many files in his mod which have
nothing to do with the environment, i think he
should separate this.

All files are related with the environment,

THE_MASK 09-14-10 09:50 PM

Great work , thanks . I use this environment mod .

Ragtag 09-15-10 01:17 PM

It still crashes for me around Lorient.

vickers03 09-15-10 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W_Clear
All files are related with the environment,

thinking about it, yes the uboat sensors needs to be
adapted to the environment.
do you know if UHS 1.4 is working correctly with your
mod?