SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   General Topics (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   Quitting smoking (HONEST!!) (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=151521)

AVGWarhawk 05-08-09 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbuna (Post 1097931)
The fundamental problem here being.....what woman would willingly have sex with a pre-pubescent pug ugly Finn? :hmmm:

:har::har::har:

There is always 'pay for' in the women department:hmmm:

Geno_Mariner 05-08-09 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeonSamurai (Post 1097802)
Won't work, you will never succeed in making someone else quit. They have to do it on their own because they want to do it for themselves. You can and should though support their efforts to quit when they do decide to.

True. Well at least he tried before but yah...

Platapus 05-08-09 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dowly (Post 1097273)
Any tips? What helps to get over the worst? Anything to avoid that makes me want to have a cig?

Break the other patterns that supported your smoking.

For instance. If you always smoked while sitting at your computer. Move your computer to another location and rearrange the set up. Anything to break the pattern of sitting down at the computer and lighting up.

The key is not to do the same patterns that supported your smoking. Familiar surroundings and familiar patterns will work against you.

Good luck and congratulations of a great decision.

Task Force 05-08-09 06:35 PM

By wensday dowly will be in the nut house. in a stright jacket... lol:haha:

(wish you the best of luck dowly.):up:

kiwi_2005 05-08-09 09:41 PM

If you have the nicotine patches available in your country then i would recommend those, they stopped the craving straight away for me within minutes as soon as i applied the patch - no bull your crave for a cig is gone but the habit of wanting one is still there, but its easier to give up once the craving is gone just have to find something else to replace the habit.

If you decide to get them grab the highest rating option (Rating 3 for heavy smokers ) even if your not a heavy smoker grab them anyways. If you go for the low rating you might still crave for a smoke.

flyingdane 05-09-09 12:35 AM

Stop!! you dumb buts, You really can stop smoaking if you want,
All you need is a nother habit to take up...:haha:

antikristuseke 05-09-09 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk (Post 1097988)
:har::har::har:

There is always 'pay for' in the women department:hmmm:

I see you are after my ex again, you horndog, you!:oops:

SpeedyPC 05-09-09 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antikristuseke (Post 1098233)
I see you are after my ex again, you horndog, you!:oops:

At least somebody is having a great time and a wouldn't get worried to much :O:

August 05-09-09 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Platapus (Post 1098100)
The key is not to do the same patterns that supported your smoking. Familiar surroundings and familiar patterns will work against you.

That is standard ALA advice and others mileage may vary but I personally didn't find it all that useful to me

The problem was that EVERYTHING is a smoking trigger and you just can't change or rearrange everything in your life.

Also it was far more basic than something that would be effected by switching the setting around a bit. For example it wasn't where or how I sat down in front of a computer that I got the urge, it was just that I sat down at one, regardless of location or seating or any other environmental detail i'd change. I just had to gut my way through it and that did work, but then I found it came back when I sat down in front of the computer in winter, then again in spring, then also when it turned summer.

I expect that when Rose and I move to the new house next month I'll get the urge again when I sit down at the computer over there even though it's been almost two years. But I'll beat that too because I still have my bag of "No"s.

SUBMAN1 05-09-09 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpeedyPC (Post 1097836)
Dowly,

This advice I'm going share you and this is no joke it 100% pure real straight out from a family doctor (GP) mouth, are you ready............:hmmm: cause I am going to do my very best to explain :o.

The answer is.........is SEX! Why:06: because this will help you and to keep you in full control in yourself and in your mind. their for you are only focusing on a woman not a Cigarette or a Fag!

The more you focus and concentrate on a woman during sex this will help you to achieve your goal to quit smoking because your handsome hot dog is very powerful than a Cigarette or a Fag, and it take over your problem and your mind off the Cigarette and you are in control with a woman.

Do you understand what I am trying to explain because your brain it more powerful and in full control of yourself to quit smoking is SEX!.

Very important when doing this advice is you have to do as much sex as you can in one FULL LONG DAY! drink plenty of water and eat plenty of food to keep your DI-K alive and going mean it need energy to recharged.

Don't believe.............try it for a week then come here and then you tell me the truth is SEX is mighty then the Cigarette or a Fag.

Oh! and one thing please make sure the woman keep you in control during sex because you cannot do this on your own, this has to be in for full control between a men and a woman..................NOT! the Cigarette or a Fag.

PS. Good luck with your DI-K vs the FAG!

Man, have you ever heard of having a good smoke after sex? Its like the two go hand and hand. Like drinking and smoking - the two go together. Bad plan. :D
-S

Jimbuna 05-09-09 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SUBMAN1 (Post 1098441)
Man, have you ever heard of having a good smoke after sex? Its like the two go hand and hand. Like drinking and smoking - the two go together. Bad plan. :D
-S

Best use vaseline then :O:

SpeedyPC 05-10-09 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbuna (Post 1098539)
Best use vaseline then :O:

OR! Used Cold press extra virgin olive oil will do the trick :O:

OneToughHerring 05-10-09 09:40 AM

My advice is exercise. Depending on how much exercise you're performing now it may be difficult at first but it'll get easier later. When you get a craving perform press ups, chin ups, etc. Think of it as a journey, when you keep on exercising you are getting further away from out-of-shapeness (which includes smoking ciggies) and are getting closer to being in-good-shape.

Dowly 05-10-09 09:53 AM

Exercising is for sissies. :yep:

Jimbuna 05-10-09 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dowly (Post 1098843)
Exercising is for sissies. :yep:

Aye....just keep performing those lifting exercises http://imgcash4.imageshack.us/img232...conbeerhr9.gif ...works wonders for the biceps :03: