SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   General Topics (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   Old Buna Retiring? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=206508)

Jimbuna 08-09-13 02:36 PM

Old Buna Retiring?

I'll find out next Thursday or Friday what the decision is http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/9425/praydl5rp5.gif

vienna 08-09-13 02:38 PM

Odd, but I never thought of you as "retiring"...

<O>

mapuc 08-09-13 02:46 PM

No such do, first after you have come beyond the 100000 post marks, you can talk about retirement.

Markus

The Enigma 08-09-13 02:59 PM

Are you retiring from Subsim or from your regular job?

u crank 08-09-13 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Enigma (Post 2097785)

This is his regular job. :har:

Sailor Steve 08-09-13 03:14 PM

He has an irregular job because he has a pension but his wife says "If I gotta, you gotta!"

Jim, I'm hoping' for ya. :sunny:

Jimbuna 08-09-13 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vienna (Post 2097776)
Odd, but I never thought of you as "retiring"...

<O>

We all reach an age (hopefully) when we must consider that question.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mapuc (Post 2097781)
No such do, first after you have come beyond the 100000 post marks, you can talk about retirement.

Markus

Ah, okay then....time to learn speed typing I suppose.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Enigma (Post 2097785)

Real life job.

Quote:

Originally Posted by u crank (Post 2097788)
This is his regular job. :har:

Damn!! there goes another rib.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailor Steve (Post 2097791)
He has an irregular job because he has a pension but his wife says "If I gotta, you gotta!"

Jim, I'm hoping' for ya. :sunny:

Cheers mate...the decision is up to my current employer but your already well aware of the finer detail.

Red October1984 08-09-13 03:58 PM

Good luck to you!

Jimbuna 08-09-13 04:02 PM

Cheers :up:

AVGWarhawk 08-09-13 04:28 PM

I don't understand the "I gotta, you gotta.". If I did my time gotta then I retire gotta. :D. Good luck brother!

eddie 08-09-13 05:03 PM

Good luck on retiring Jim, I hope it works out for you! I retired last year, and it is great! I got real lazy, real quick!:D

But I am a bit more actve now, I do one situp a day. I sit up in bed around 8 AM, look at the alarm clock, realize I don't have to be anywhere or doing anything, then I lay back down! :D I'm slowly getting back in shape, for what, I have no clue.

Schroeder 08-09-13 05:15 PM

Can I have your job then? I'm still looking for one. But you would have to bring it here to Germany as the commute to the UK would be a bit much.:O:

Aktungbby 08-09-13 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimbuna (Post 2097774)
I'll find out next Thursday or Friday what the decision is http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/9425/praydl5rp5.gif

Hope your retirement $ holds up: I unretired and do it as a contractor instead of employee. I hate it when municipalities declare bankruptcy. Love all your imput for subsimmers; you can't retire from that! :arrgh!:

WernherVonTrapp 08-09-13 08:48 PM

If it is anything like my job was,:03: I wish you a speedy and happy retirement. I didn't have much choice. I kept getting injured (signs of old age) and didn't want to become a liability to anyone, especially my partner.
Best of luck and wisdom in your decision.:up:

Jimbuna 08-10-13 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk (Post 2097842)
I don't understand the "I gotta, you gotta.". If I did my time gotta then I retire gotta. :D. Good luck brother!

I've been discussing the pros and cons with Steve on Skype for a while now and currently the biggest pro is I'm only 56 and feel the younger I am the longer I hope I can enjoy it. On the other hand, the con is the fact the wife doesn't have the pension provision I have and will therefore probably work on...now that can easily become a bone of contention so the compromise will be me taking over what we call over here 'househusband duties', only time will tell if that arrangement works out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddie (Post 2097857)
Good luck on retiring Jim, I hope it works out for you! I retired last year, and it is great! I got real lazy, real quick!:D

But I am a bit more actve now, I do one situp a day. I sit up in bed around 8 AM, look at the alarm clock, realize I don't have to be anywhere or doing anything, then I lay back down! :D I'm slowly getting back in shape, for what, I have no clue.

Cheers Eddie.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schroeder (Post 2097862)
Can I have your job then? I'm still looking for one. But you would have to bring it here to Germany as the commute to the UK would be a bit much.:O:

Your welcome to it mate...to much resentment in the workplace when others find out your already in receipt of a pension and working.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aktungbby (Post 2097865)
Hope your retirement $ holds up: I unretired and do it as a contractor instead of employee. I hate it when municipalities declare bankruptcy. Love all your imput for subsimmers; you can't retire from that! :arrgh!:

Cheers...the retirement is from real life and nothing else.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WernherVonTrapp (Post 2097913)
If it is anything like my job was,:03: I wish you a speedy and happy retirement. I didn't have much choice. I kept getting injured (signs of old age) and didn't want to become a liability to anyone, especially my partner.
Best of luck and wisdom in your decision.:up:

Rgr that....retired from LEO work at 50 IIRC (seems like a lifetime ago). When you start thinking of the scars as trophies tis definitely time to step back and give the youngsters a turn.