SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Jutland (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=237)
-   -   End of Campaign (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=180574)

crackaces 02-22-11 01:53 PM

End of Campaign

I took the German campaign to April of 1916 and I have decided to end it. The one strategy I thought would be meaningful to play out is extermely frustratating due to the bouncing fleets problem documented in the "Gripes" section. In this case the fleet was bounced back toward Cherbourg not once, not twice, but three times :damn: with each time bounced closer until the fleet of 12 ships met their fate to the shore batteries. .:nope:

I believe this goes beyond "a Captain making a mistake or not following orders" but truly a frustrating experiece for me -- what is otherwise a pretty fun game. I posted a trouble ticket and await a repsonse before investing anymore entertainment time ...
================================================== ================================================== ============================

EDIT: I have a repsonse from support "This has been taken care of and should be fixed with the next Jutland update." Wow .. one hour! Ok no word on when the update will happen but at least there is hope this problem is seen as needing fixing and will be fixed .. yea! The lost souls in the English Channel will never come back but at least I know that the next time will go beter ;) I will probably start a new campaign since the loss of being able to use 6 capital ships came from the bouncing problem it would be a different outcome to try again.

It looks like this update will be in the next two weeks or so. This is very good news indeed.

tramker 02-26-11 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crackaces (Post 1603337)
EDIT: I have a repsonse from support "This has been taken care of and should be fixed with the next Jutland update." Wow .. one hour! Ok no word on when the update will happen but at least there is

Don't hold your breath, I got the same response to the same problem two years ago. AFAIK it's an engine limitation and it is never going to be fixed.

Bullethead 02-26-11 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tramker (Post 1607179)
AFAIK it's an engine limitation and it is never going to be fixed.

It's something that can and has been improved upon. It'll never be perfect but it's better now than it used to be.

In case you haven't heard yet, we hope to release the next expansion, Dogger Bank, on 7 March. When this comes out, everybody will get a game update whether they get the expansion or not. So see what happens then.

crackaces 02-27-11 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullethead (Post 1607491)
It's something that can and has been improved upon. It'll never be perfect but it's better now than it used to be.

In case you haven't heard yet, we hope to release the next expansion, Dogger Bank, on 7 March. When this comes out, everybody will get a game update whether they get the expansion or not. So see what happens then.

Do you know Bullethead if a ship gets to port it is in port? I guess I can wait and see ;)