SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   Silent Hunter 1.5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=135753)

ivank 04-24-08 07:23 PM

Silent Hunter 1.5

where do i get the v1.5 patch?

V.C. Sniper 04-24-08 07:25 PM

V1.5 is the Silent Hunter 4: uboat missions add-on. You have to buy the add-on to get V1.5, which you can download through Direct2Drive using the link at the top of the forum.

BigBadVuk 05-04-09 02:53 AM

Ok if i have 1.4 patch and i dont want to buy ( out of money atm) that add-on,can i use latest Triger maru 1.7 or real fleet boat releases ,even if they are re-made for 1.5 SH4?

Or if no can any1 just give us link for 1.4 sh4 versions of this super-mods?

ichso 05-04-09 03:07 AM

Not sure about TM, but RFB has it's download link of the version compatible with 1.4 right on the front page of it's main thread in the mod forum. Directly below the other link for 1.5.

BigBadVuk 05-04-09 04:12 AM

ah..thx mate ..im lazy pig yes sir...thx

Tigershark624 01-10-11 05:50 PM

Sorry to bump this old thread, but now that Direct2Drive is no longer offering the 1.5 patch by itself, does anyone know anyone who does? I've had SHIV for quite awhile but never got around to buying the patch. I'd still like to but I don't want to repurchase the original game to do it.

Takao 01-10-11 09:06 PM

Did you try here: http://www.direct2drive.com/5867/pro...sions-Download

Since they want $10 for it, and so does Steam, why not buy a used SH4 Gold DVD for the same price?

ETR3(SS) 01-10-11 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Takao (Post 1571618)
Since they want $10 for it, and so does Steam, why not buy a used SH4 Gold DVD for the same price?

I concur with this. Nothing beats having the physical copy.:up:

Dogfish40 01-11-11 12:17 PM

Ubisoft is where I got my 1.5 download. It was easy and only cost like $9 and change. I downloaded it saved it to three CD's (safety's)and it has a serial number so it is absolutely legit.
Good Luck:salute:
D40

amastron 11-17-11 04:41 PM

I wonder if you reinstall it, will the serial number still be good?
No more buying and downloading for me, did that with SH3 and if I need to reinstall the game I need another serial number from them!

I really loved it when I got a ubisoft email telling me I only had one more time to get a new serial number... :cry:

Rockin Robbins 11-18-11 05:12 PM

The problem with downloaded SH4UBM is that it only comes with a couple of installs. After that you have to try to get a new number from whoever sold it to you. Sometimes that works okay, sometimes it doesn't.

With a physical copy you have unlimited installs. That alone justifies its purchase.

Kongo Otto 11-18-11 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins (Post 1790046)
The problem with downloaded SH4UBM is that it only comes with a couple of installs. After that you have to try to get a new number from whoever sold it to you. Sometimes that works okay, sometimes it doesn't.

With a physical copy you have unlimited installs. That alone justifies its purchase.

Exactly!!

And its a real bargain buy, when you buy it at the Subsim Shop. :yeah::03::rock::smug:

Arlo 11-18-11 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ETR3(SS) (Post 1571619)
I concur with this. Nothing beats having the physical copy.:up:

Had the Ubisoft marketed disks but lost them .... well .... maybe not lost .... misplaced ... they're somewhere in the house. Running a downloaded version (I actually downloaded it twice, due to my ignorance of the gold versus original versions - erg), but yaknow, the 3 different flash drives it redundantly resides on seems no less 'physical copies' than the disks were and kinda reflects my liking for the game. One flash drive holds nothing but the gold (I protect it like it's gold, as well) and the other two have as much of the mods as I could store on each drive, as well (different total combined collections, though).

BUT ... just knowing they're available at the SUBSIM store gives me a sense of security. :D

Daniel Prates 11-21-11 08:46 AM

I used to think that hardcopies were safer, till i scratched one. Today I prefer games bought online via services as gamersgate, gog or steam. Only problem is... what if they go out of business? :hmmm:

WernherVonTrapp 11-21-11 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel Prates (Post 1791251)
Only problem is... what if they go out of business? :hmmm:

Then, you better have a hard copy as a back up.:D